Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fire Falcon of Fury (Hey Diz)
Closed Thread
Old 02 Jan 2005, 02:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Fire Falcon of Fury (Hey Diz)

Tried out your fish of fury tactic but using Eldar. 2 Falcons each with 5 fire dragons and a exarch in each attacking the Salamanders/blood angels. Between the tanks and melta weapons a Razorback, a Baal Predator, and an 8 marine squad died in the first volley. Swooping hawk exarch finished off the other marine squad with an amazing 25 sustained assault hits with his web of skulls. Callapsed the enemy's entire flank. >
Old 02 Jan 2005, 05:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Fire Falcon of Fury (Hey Diz)

Cool. I have said the Eldar could match the Tau in mobility. I was concidering trying an FoF with the Eldar but was wondering what squads to use. Falcon and dire avengers might work well. Hmm. Cool to see that it works for the Eldar to. You gave credibility to an idea I have been throwing around since last week. Thanks.

Old 02 Jan 2005, 07:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

very nice adaptation, I'd been thinking of 2 DA squads for light armour troops in WS w/ SL. but Dragons never occured to me, I suppose it was the msmall rate of fire.

could you give a breif rundown of the list you used and his list?
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 02 Jan 2005, 11:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

The Eldar, in theory, can (and often will) SURPASS the Tau in mobility. Sure, the Wave Serpent is more expensive than the 'fish, but for the 130 odd points she'll cost, she's a MBT that carries people! Its the greatest dedicated transport in the game for killing simply because it can be optimised to kill tanks or troops or even both.

To that end, one can safely REPLACE Falcon's with Serpents, and allow a larger squad of the transported unit. The Serpnet in the right hands will be a deadly tool.

However, like all eldar things, there will be need for support, either Vypers or some other fast-moving units. And the key toruble is, a mechanised assault is a small force.
Old 02 Jan 2005, 12:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Actually keep the Falcon's over the serpents. Two working togather block chargers very well, the fusion guns guarenntee Killing most armies soldiers as well as vehicles with the Firepikes. Starcannons and Pulse lasers make a mockery of most things a well. Remember the falcons and squads are seperate so you have the opportunatiy to kill up to 4 different units. BAcked by swooping hawks that can keep up with the tanks and jump over them to assault. Dire avengers are good for killing guardmen and maybe orks, not marines.
Old 02 Jan 2005, 19:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Well I have swooping hawks and will get a Falcon asap but I never thought of Firedragons. Well Ill need another guardian squad then. Hmm Ill have to work on that then.

Old 02 Jan 2005, 21:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I never said DA killed marines well, And I agree with Del the FAlcon can be replaced by the WS and its TL stacannon, very powerful for a transport, indeed the equal of a battletank.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 06 Jan 2005, 22:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've been using that tactic from the start of 4th edition. While my experience with the tactic with Tau has been average at best, the Eldar do amazing, if I can get the timing down.

As for the Serpent, they hit more often than Falcons, but unlike the Falcon, cannot hold objectives. It is a hard blow to lose a squad to return fire then have 110+ points roam about the board unable to contest a quarter.

cheers.
Old 07 Jan 2005, 17:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You may not be able to contest a quarter, but you can always tank shock! I read a battle report when the ones in WD were reliable, and one Wave Serpant Tank Shocked 3 sqauds in one swoop. They all ran, two ran off the table, and the bike squad ran into a forest, losing 3 on the way in, and another 1 one the way out. Thats why I always opt for Tank Shock if I can. When combined with 2-3 tanks, you can completely separate a unit so that it takes about 2 turns for it to regroup, that gives you enough time to deal with it peice meal, or move on and go hunt for another unit. I

have always been doubtful about the Fire Dragons because of their short range. But I guess they are alot better then Quardians....Damn. Now I want to collect Beil-tan again, instead of Saim-Hann or Ulthwe!

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 08 Jan 2005, 04:43   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Tank shock doesn't do much for me, but keeping the Serpnt within 6" of broken units can be nice.