Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000pt Vanilla Eldar
Closed Thread
Old 07 Dec 2004, 17:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default 1000pt Vanilla Eldar

Ok, Im short on time, so heres the list, plz post comments!

HEADQUARTERS
-Farseer Killashan Dra
Singing Spear, Ghost helm, Guide
Warlocks
2 warlocks w/ Singing Spear, Destructor
==181pts

ELITES
-Wraith Guard
5 Wratihguard w/ Wraithcannons
warlock w/ Singing Spear, Destructor
==219pts

TROOPS
-Rangers
6 Ragners w/ Ranger Long Rifles and Shuriken Pistols
==114pts

-Guardian Defender Squad
12 Guardiand w/ Shuriken Catapults
HWP: Bright Lance
==146pts

-Guardian Defender Squad
11 Guardiand w/ Shuriken Catapults
HWP: Bright Lance
==138pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
-War walkers
1 war walker w/ 2 starcannons
=100pts
==200pts

EDIT: In response to the first reply, I plan to mostly sit back and shoot. The War Walkers, Farseer, and Wraithguard will advance up one flank, while the Guardians and Rangers target key units (armour for the guardians, and very nasty units with the Rangers). I'm also thinking I need to add a little CC to it as well, but I don't think I'll need it until I expand to 1500pts, unless of course I have a hard time with CC armies (ie not taking out enough models when the reach assault). Any way, I look forward to your comments!

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 08 Dec 2004, 05:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Aegis Guard
Default Re: 1000pt Vanilla Eldar

What tactics did you have in mind for this force? It seems pretty deadly at 12" but very fragile except for the wraithguard.
Old 08 Dec 2004, 17:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Edited the list (added the Rangers) as well as put up the tactics I hope to use.

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
-Mushroomhead

Old 08 Dec 2004, 17:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

I'd recommend getting some fast units to harass the enemy, perhaps Vypers or even perhaps a Falcon to transport parts of your army away from danger. I'd personally recommend getting a wraithlord for its firepower and cc
Old 08 Dec 2004, 22:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Here's my problem with this. You have a few units advancing and a couple units sitting back. Those units in front are gonna get into combat and funny thing about that...then you can't shoot them! If you want to shoot them do it and don't get into combat until you absolutely have to.

You might want to consider dropping the wraithguard (even though I love 'em and you probably do to) for dark reapers.
Old 09 Dec 2004, 17:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hmmm that is true...the only thing with the taking the Wraithlord, is that even just taking one in a 1000pt army is a little to "cheesy" IMHO.

I could always just sit back any way, and shoot. The only unit I was really planning to use to assault was the Farseer and the Wraithguard were there to back him up should he ever need it. the War Walkers were their to soften up the enemy, if not completly wipe out the targeted unit...

I think I might be able to pull it off, but I feel its one of those tactics/lists taht will either lose wonderfully, or win wonderfully. I'll proxy a couple games, and maybe expand it to 1500pts, simply because my group has come to the conclusion that 1500pts are better ( I prefer 1000, just so I can play at veterans nights). We normally only play one game, no matter what size, because after that one game, we seem to loose interest in playing more games. Anyway, I'll try out all your seggestions, and see what happens. I'm hosting a tournament in 2 weeks, and after the tourny I should be able to get in a couple games.

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
-Mushroomhead

Old 09 Dec 2004, 19:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hunter

Trim down the size of the guardian units, use the surplus to make a squad to support the advancing units. Possibly give the long range guardians a warlock with conceal?
The wraithguard are very slow to use as an advancing unit, if you put them in a wave serpent with the Farseer, use fortune on them, then you have a unit of fast, hard hitting, nigh unkillable ghost warriors. Get these guys in assault, and things will be very fun.
You could possibly spilt the rangers into two squads, deployed about 6" apart in cover, you still have the option of firing at a single unit, but if 3 shots pin then you can use the next 3 on another unit.

As it is, your army is fairly resilient, but not fast at all. A wraithlord would fit in well with this type of army, as slow and hard to kill seems to be the theme.

Not too bad though, just work on improving that mobile force a bit more.

Old 10 Dec 2004, 03:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Splitting up the rangers might not be a bad idea...you could pin twice as many units, concievably anyway.

I'm really not sure that Ender's force need to be more mobile...if he doesn't want it to be. He'll have a very good chance against assault based armies and the rangers are the only models in the whole army who can't move and shoot to their full potental. This army also has a good shot capturing table quarters and objectives because of this. IMO
Old 10 Dec 2004, 18:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegis Guard
* He'll have a very good chance against assault based armies and the rangers are the only models in the whole army who can't move and shoot to their full potental.* This army also has a good shot capturing table quarters and objectives because of this.* IMO
I agree with this. Ur army and tactics sound excellent but I really would recommend a few fast units of some kind - especially if you're playing a great firepower army such as Tau where you really need to get units into cc quickly.