Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bits recommendations for Conversion Beamer
Old 23 Jun 2010, 06:35   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Bits recommendations for Conversion Beamer

So I have recently inherited several Space Marine dreadnoughts and love them. I have played a few games and they are fantastic. This leaves me with a conundrum, however. The Master of the Forge is in my list exclusively to unlock the Lord of the Forge rule, but I need to make him something other than a complete waste of space on the board, and as such have decided to mount him on a bike with a Conversion Beamer. I figure that an Attack Bike would be an appropriate place to start, but for the life of me, I can't find bits to piece together to form the gun. Does anybody have a suggestion? Cheapness would be nice, but I am willing to drop some money on this because I kinda want him to be the centerpiece of my army; I want him to look cool.

Thanks in advance for any and all help
Papa_Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 08:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Bits recommendations for Conversion Beamer

Myself i would look into perhaps some Tau bits (Such as their plasma rifle) which is handy if you have some lying around or have a mate who plays Tau.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 10:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hm, with an Attack Bike as a mount, the Conversion Beamer can be quite a beast...

You could try to fit one of the Icarus-Lascannons that come with the Bastion-boxed sets; a Plasma Cannon from an... Executioner?-Leman Russ would look impressive, too...
Or something different: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...IG-ZZAPPA.html. THat would make an AWESOME Conversion Beamer, though you'd need to de-orkify it a bit.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 15:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Bumping around at LGS I saw a MoTF with modified with a D cannon from the Eldar guy next to him to make his beamer. Kinda like a hinged antenae coming out of his harness. With the advent of support weapon batteries, they may be available.
Old 23 Jun 2010, 16:44   #5 (permalink)
Nox
Shas'Vre

I just built a conversion beamer myself. I based on an old black and white pic and some pictures of the old models holding a conversion beamer. They were actually about the size of a space marine missile launcher.

I made mine out of a stealth suit burst cannon, the end of a hunter killer missile, a sm bike antenna, some plasticard and some guitar string.

Here's the image I based it off of.

Then I attached it to a tech marine arm - the one with cables and the gear shoulder pad design.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 18:02   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

thanks for the quick replies guys, I really appreciate it. Those are some legit ideas. I'm really digging that Ork Big Zappa. But ya, I don't know if I want to go with something as small as a Missile Launcher. Because I'm either adding it on to the sidecar, or even completely replacing the sidecar, I kinda want something big and imposing.

Anyways, thanks a lot guys! And if anybody has any more ideas, Keep 'em coming!
Old 23 Jun 2010, 22:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

You could use an entire eldar support platform as your sidecar, then add extra power cables and tanks behind it to bulk it up and make it scary. Of course you'll need to put a wheel or two on the sidecars, as eldar havent gotten around to using those

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2010, 20:33   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm surprised no one actually posted this link yet:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/...n-warrior.html

A Master of the Forge with Conversion Beamer on an Attack Bike...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2010, 23:24   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

That model is actually what inspired me to use the Attack Bike, I just didn't know where it came from and what bits he used. It is a fantastic model, I just hope that I can do it justice. And it's really nice to know what gun he used.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 15:41   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Hello all. I just joined the forum this morning. I was reading the post for using the conversion beamer on a bike. Love the Idea and I have an older plastic chaos conversion beamer, at least 18 y/o. I do however have a question. does the beamer need to be stationary to work properly or just on target for a period of time. I found the rules for it in my 40k war gear book for the same era. I might be interpreting it wrong. I have a 1992 or so plastic chaos conversion beamer. also from that sprue are a couple other weapons. Every one have a good day.
starrider55 is offline   Reply With Quote