Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Anyone have converted shield drone pics? (from a gun drone + XV8 shield)
Old 11 May 2009, 18:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Anyone have converted shield drone pics? (from a gun drone + XV8 shield)

Just want to see what it looks like, I've heard people take the shield generator from an XV8 then glue it under a gun drone to convert it to a shield drone. I started making mine but wanted to see what others have done.

Thanks
Old 11 May 2009, 18:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Anyone have converted shield drone pics? (from a gun drone + XV8 shield)

An easier way that looks better but is more expensive is to buy the shield drone bitz pack from GW
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 19:10   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Anyone have converted shield drone pics? (from a gun drone + XV8 shield)

An easier way is to just cut off the "nubs" that the pulse carbines attach to and put another antennae on the top. I actually prefer these to the metal Shield Drones.

'Nids ate my cheezy poofs!

A unit of Necron Warriors can take out a Titan. No joke.
Kir Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 20:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir Kanos
An easier way is to just cut off the "nubs" that the pulse carbines attach to and put another antennae on the top.
Same here. And unless your friend is a jerk, he will allow it to count as a "successful" conversion.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 20:44   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

My local gaming club rarely follows WYSIWYG. Besides, Drones look so much alike to begin with I would argue the point if it came up.

'Nids ate my cheezy poofs!

A unit of Necron Warriors can take out a Titan. No joke.
Kir Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 11:27   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

But one must admit that it would be nicer if the conversion looks more accurate, I second the request for pics because I to have been considering this.
So_Catholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 14:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

fortunately, i made 1 of these! heres a pic.

2 shield drone antena's to make it look more "real" compared to the true-blue shield drone.

on bottom theres the crisis suit shield Gen. Drill a hole thru it, and line it up with the actual drone base hole underneath so it fits through the base.

i drilled a hole in the shield gen BEFORE glueing, making sure the 2 holes line up, so you can actually put his stand on him.

edit: looking at the pic, i forget to mention i did infact file down the round bump part of the drones little connector, where the guns attach to. Cut the 2 nobs the guns hang on, off. then file it so its flat, and cut the tab off the shields back too, so they both come together on a flat surface.

hope that helps!
skippy35671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 15:16   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks, looks good, I'll go ahead and do it
Old 12 May 2009, 15:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to BKZer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy35671
fortunately, i made 1 of these! heres a pic.

2 shield drone antena's to make it look more "real" compared to the true-blue shield drone.

on bottom theres the crisis suit shield Gen. Drill a hole thru it, and line it up with the actual drone base hole underneath so it fits through the base.

i drilled a hole in the shield gen BEFORE glueing, making sure the 2 holes line up, so you can actually put his stand on him.

edit: looking at the pic, i forget to mention i did infact file down the round bump part of the drones little connector, where the guns attach to. Cut the 2 nobs the guns hang on, off. then file it so its flat, and cut the tab off the shields back too, so they both come together on a flat surface.

hope that helps!
Seriously, that looks almost spot on to what the GW one looks like, if people don't count that as WYSIWYG, then they need to get their heads examined, or at least removed from their other bodily orifices.
Desert Base Tutorial
BKZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 15:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

think of it this way. If anyone says a darn word about it. its impossible to screw it up! it has NO GUNS. it has NO MARKER LIGHT attachment.

it *has* a shield gen stuck on its bottom, there for = shield drone.

thanks for the compliment, i tried making it as close to the pic as i could.
skippy35671 is offline   Reply With Quote