Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Making Multi-Meltas
Old 20 Jan 2009, 13:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Making Multi-Meltas

Is there any way to make multimeltas using meltaguns? I have an excess of meltaguns, but to finish my salamanders list I requre a few more multimeltas. As of now, I'm using landspeeder multimeltas on the few guys I use. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to get multimeltas any other way besides conversion, as the metal multimelta marine is out of production, and the current Devastators marine box is terrible for the price.
Ninja Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 14:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Making Multi-Meltas

You can try this: http://www.thewarstore.com/product33977.html

Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 15:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Ork
Is there any way to make multimeltas using meltaguns? I have an excess of meltaguns, but to finish my salamanders list I requre a few more multimeltas. As of now, I'm using landspeeder multimeltas on the few guys I use. There doesn't seem to be any way for me to get multimeltas any other way besides conversion, as the metal multimelta marine is out of production, and the current Devastators marine box is terrible for the price.
I reckon it's doable. I have plenty of meltaguns, I too am doing counts-as Salamanders and I wasn't going to take multi-meltas but if I can come up with anything I will, seeing as it's free. I'll see what I can do later tonight, and post pictures.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 17:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

My suggestion would be to take 2 Meltaguns and shave the sights completely off of the top and then slice the Melta barrels so they are even with the top where the sight used to be. Take one of the meltaguns and cut off the hose and the handle of one meltagun, flip and then glue the shaved sections together (essentially mirroring the meltagun). It would probably be a good idea to put something into the location where the handle was removed, maybe a melta-bomb without the handle, or something else to represent an extra tank of melta-fuel.

Another option is to give them SM pistol hands (from assault squads, biker, whatever that can hold a pistol) and give them 2 Meltaguns and count them as Multi-Meltas.

Hope it helps.

"I've always loved being the center of attention, when that didn't involve incoming fire." --Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium--
O Vioanoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 17:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Vioanoi
Another option is to give them SM pistol hands (from assault squads, biker, whatever that can hold a pistol) and give them 2 Meltaguns and count them as Multi-Meltas.
That is a BRILLIANT idea! I'll do that. Sorry Ninja Ork, I won't be trying conversion =P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 22:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Wow, that truly is brilliant. No need for apologies Circus - that awesome idea won't just be for you!

Someone give Vioanoi some Karma already!
Old 21 Jan 2009, 01:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Circus and Ninja Ork, I am glad that I could help.

Though if anyone is interested in the idea that is not space marines duel-wielding melta-guns like an action hero (though the mental image of a Marine with two meltas does paint an awesome mental image), let me know and I will make a tutorial. Otherwise I'll probably do the same with mine :P .

"I've always loved being the center of attention, when that didn't involve incoming fire." --Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium--
O Vioanoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 02:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

By all means, I'm still interested in other methods. Being Salamanders, I'm in need of many, many multimeltas. :P