Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Work In Progress pics of my Robotech-themed Crisis Suits with Forgeworld Bitz
Closed Thread
Old 23 Apr 2005, 17:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Work In Progress pics of my Robotech-themed Crisis Suits with Forgeworld Bitz

Follow the link below. The pics are on the bottom of the Gallery Page. Just click on the thumbnail to enlarge.

I've worked really hard on these, so please tell me what you think, with any thoughts/suggestions/praise/criticism. Please don't just look then not post your thoughts. ;D

Enjoy: O0
http://home.comcast.net/~thunderhammer/
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 17:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del
Default Re: Work In Progress pics of my Robotech-themed Crisis Suits with Forgeworld Bit

WOW springs to mind. Those look very nice, and when they get paint, ought to utterly rock.

How did you make the new bodies, btw?
Old 23 Apr 2005, 18:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Work In Progress pics of my Robotech-themed Crisis Suits with Forgeworld Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
WOW springs to mind. Those look very nice, and when they get paint, ought to utterly rock.

How did you make the new bodies, btw?

I created a 3D digital rendering using some animation software, and then had the pieces digitally cut from blocks of resin using a robot arm with a dremil tool on the end of it.

I'm just kidding. The bodies are made from very small robotech model kits that they made back in the late 80's and early 90's.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 01:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Work In Progress pics of my Robotech-themed Crisis Suits with Forgeworld Bitz

wow, they look really good, are you going to paint them? and if so, you should post some pictures when your done!

Tau- 2000pts.
space marines- 500pts.
tyranids- 200pts. (battle for mccrage )
Lost and the damned- 300pts. (just started)

pm me if you play halo2 on xbox live!
Old 24 Apr 2005, 01:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Work In Progress pics of my Robotech-themed Crisis Suits with Forgeworld Bitz

Not sure if I like them, looks a bit un-tau... but then they look really tau (I'm confused *???)
Closed Thread