Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What could i use?
Old 24 Nov 2007, 21:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default What could i use?

hello everybody,
right then, i have been trying to think of something that i would use that looks like a prototype space maine titan, so if anyone has anu ideas of what i could use.

i was thinking maybe use this but some of you might say its to high tech for the space marines to have two of.

Peace is the reason for war, as to achive peace there must be war.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Brother_captin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2007, 21:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: What could i use?

well there are templates for warhound titans which you could use with plasticard, i wouldn't build it up over a toy, it just wouldn't look marine like..

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2007, 21:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Sorry buddy, but Gundam = no.

I'm gonna do a bit of a Wargamer and say:

"Space Marines don't have Titans. The Imperial Titans are Adeptus Titanicus, not Space Marine."

However: why not have a chapter that has one that works as a bigger Dreadnought? Provided you're not too unreasonable, most fluff can be bent to your needs in a galaxy as big as it is.

What to use for the base, though? I don't know. Just not a Gundam. It's annoying enough when people use them for Tau stuff, and they at least look high tech enough for that. I'd probably build up off a Transformer, but it'd need a good lot of work with plasticard or whatever to fill out the armour plates and put the chapter markings on.

I think a Gundam's too thin for a Space Marine construction, hence why I'd use a bulkier Transformer as the under-base. But one with no clear links to the vehicle - or with those links obscured quite heavily. But a Transformer would provide a bulky humanoid standing to build up from that's easier than scratchbuilding from foamboard.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2007, 21:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_captin
hello everybody,
right then, i have been trying to think of something that i would use that looks like a prototype space maine titan, so if anyone has anu ideas of what i could use.

i was thinking maybe use this but some of you might say its to high tech for the space marines to have two of.
Well I have to say that it's kind of cool, but it most decidedly does not belong in Warhammer, much less in the arsenal of the Imperium of Man...

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 04:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Using Gundam models.. don't even really fit in the Tau range either. Tau just have a different 'look' to their models, even though they're perhaps the closest (though I would think Eldar can be pretty close to Gundams - if its heavily converted and more rounded on all the edges).
Old 25 Nov 2007, 06:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1

Quote:
Originally Posted by .mace
Using Gundam models.. don't even really fit in the Tau range either. Tau just have a different 'look' to their models, even though they're perhaps the closest (though I would think Eldar can be pretty close to Gundams - if its heavily converted and more rounded on all the edges).
I was thinking the same thing as I looked at the pic. As cool as gundam is, it's style doesn't work with any army, let alone an army of the Imperium.

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

korik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 09:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for your contributions,
but has anyone used a model to represent the titan or something as a count as which looks better?
if you have could you please tell me what you used and were to get it from.

Peace is the reason for war, as to achive peace there must be war.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Brother_captin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 10:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Have a search through this board for titans I guess, you might find some under 'Tau Titans' because that's basically the most common for using Gundam kits.

I'm trying to find a website that had a Snow-themed Tau Army - it had a big count-as Broadside that mixed Gundam parts with an XV8 kit to make a big battlesuit. The whole army was painted in silver/white/blue IIRC. Hopefully someone knows which one I'm talking about? =\
Old 25 Nov 2007, 12:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by .mace
Have a search through this board for titans I guess, you might find some under 'Tau Titans' because that's basically the most common for using Gundam kits.

I'm trying to find a website that had a Snow-themed Tau Army - it had a big count-as Broadside that mixed Gundam parts with an XV8 kit to make a big battlesuit. The whole army was painted in silver/white/blue IIRC. Hopefully someone knows which one I'm talking about? =\
Hmm, yes. Something like that could work.

Something I did was mix gundam toy guns with Crisis suits. They're just perfect for ABFPs and ion blasters. ;D

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 13:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I don't know much about Gundam, but I love that model! What's it called, and how big is it?