Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Where to get small magnets for Crisis suits?
Old 27 Sep 2007, 03:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Where to get small magnets for Crisis suits?

What is a good site to order mini-magnets online at about 1/8" size that I can use on my crisis suits for interchangable weapon systems? A guy at the GW store recommended www.earthmagnets.com but I don't think it exists, having tried it. Any good tips?
Zhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 14:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Where to get small magnets for Crisis suits?

Try here.
Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2007, 02:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arschbombe
Try here.
That's where I have ordered all of my magnets so far, and I'm extremely pleased with the results. They're a good site with a good selection, and their shipping doesn't take too long either. Something around the "D201" is good for Crisis suit weapons and the like, while something more along the lines of a "D901" is suitable for Dreadnought weapons or Devilfish/Hammerhead engines (makes storage much easier!).

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2007, 10:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to DRobot

I've ordered them from amazing magnets
Great service, fast shipping and you get a free sample pack of magnets + a magnetic pen which i use to annoy teachers at my school...

DRobot
DRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2007, 16:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Putting magnets on your crisis suits is a sign of a unsure player. If I see my foe had magnets on his suits, it tells me that he is either a list tayloring noob, or a person who switches around his list and that he will not be farmillier or skilled with it.

Makeing a solid army list means not having to change weapons.

Just saying :P
Avor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2007, 18:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Melkor of Morgoth Send a message via MSN to Melkor of Morgoth Send a message via Yahoo to Melkor of Morgoth

Or it means that the person doesn't have money pouring out their ears and likes to be able to play with new configurations without having to tear the model apart invest in new suits every time they want the WYSIWYG. That's my reason for it.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 02:04   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

He didn't ask whether or not he should do it, Avor. He asked where you can find the magnets. Try to keep to the topic.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Oct 2007, 03:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
Putting magnets on your crisis suits is a sign of a unsure player. If I see my foe had magnets on his suits, it tells me that he is either a list tayloring noob, or a person who switches around his list and that he will not be farmillier or skilled with it.

Makeing a solid army list means not having to change weapons.

Just saying :P
Wow, is that to say that you use the SAME army list with the SAME weapons EVERYTIME you play? I bet your opponents love that and you lose a lot. Predictability = Dead. Not to mention the fact that if you can't switch your army list around and STILL be skilled with it, then THAT is when you pretty much suck as a commander.

Zhell you go ahead and magnetize your suits, I do it and I get my magnets from a company called United Nuclear, they have a website and have EXTREMELY high quality N40 Neodium magnets.
Old 02 Oct 2007, 04:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryos
Wow, is that to say that you use the SAME army list with the SAME weapons EVERYTIME you play? I bet your opponents love that and you lose a lot. Predictability = Dead.
- I seek out different oppenents, I have my list built to be what I think is ready for anything. I take pride in that I can make a decent army list where I can rely on it to preform solidly every time.
- Even agiasnt my regular friends, I use the same list, if they do something to totaly tailor agaisnt it I just whip one of my 6 other armies and teach them the flaw of specializeing agaisnt just one army.
Avor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2007, 00:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
Quote:
Originally Posted by chryos
Wow, is that to say that you use the SAME army list with the SAME weapons EVERYTIME you play? I bet your opponents love that and you lose a lot. Predictability = Dead.
- I seek out different oppenents, I have my list built to be what I think is ready for anything. I take pride in that I can make a decent army list where I can rely on it to preform solidly every time.
- Even agiasnt my regular friends, I use the same list, if they do something to totaly tailor agaisnt it I just whip one of my 6 other armies and teach them the flaw of specializeing agaisnt just one army.
Dude the idea that magnetizing your army makes you a weak noob who won't mast his army is just plain stupid. Your elitist attitude helps no one. Not all of us have the money to have 6 other armies. And even if we DID, then re-configuring them only teaches us to play BETTER and adapt our armies. Drop the elitism, your not fooling anyone. Anyone with half a brain will realize that your comments are off-mark and foolish, which I'm starting to think must be your play style as a commander as well.