Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

IG to Gue'vesa Conversion
Old 24 Jul 2007, 22:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default IG to Gue'vesa Conversion

So, I'd like to make some Gue'vesa. I could easily use the Tau pulse rifle arms... but they only have four fingers. I've found some empty-handed arms from the Rogue trader days - might these work? Or should I just get human arms, and put pulse rifles in them?
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2007, 23:02   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: IG to Gue'vesa Conversion

You could try the catachans. I think all of their left hands are empty of the rifle. Or failing that carefully file away the Lasgun on the cadians, sculpt a 4th finger (tau have 3 fingers and a thumb : ), or sculpt the entire hand!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2007, 23:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Melkor of Morgoth Send a message via MSN to Melkor of Morgoth Send a message via Yahoo to Melkor of Morgoth

Well, if you're using the GW rules for Gue'vesa, then (I believe) only the squad leader can have a pulse rifle, everyone else has to have a lasgun.

Therefore, you really only need to convert one arm per squad, so I don't think it'd be too much worth it for the empty arms unless you can find other uses for them as well.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 23:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Those are the Imperial Armour rules you're thinking of. The Chapter Approved ones allow up to 2 Gue'vesa to take a Carbine/Rifle, and the leader can have a markerlight.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2007, 23:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Melkor of Morgoth Send a message via MSN to Melkor of Morgoth Send a message via Yahoo to Melkor of Morgoth

ahh, I knew it was something like that. Still seems to me, that there's not too much converting needed for the pulse rifle squad members.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 04:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via ICQ to Dagonus Send a message via AIM to Dagonus

I've been pondering it myself since I have Cadians bits and carbines I want to put in their hands. I was just going to cut the pulse rifle off at the trigger and do likewise with the Lasguns and swap them there. I figure it can be justified with humans naturally would hold a weapon differently and so the stock/trigger are build differently to accommodate them. If i get around to doing it this lifetime I'll put it up....
Old 25 Jul 2007, 05:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagonus
I've been pondering it myself since I have Cadians bits and carbines I want to put in their hands. I was just going to cut the pulse rifle off at the trigger and do likewise with the Lasguns and swap them there. I figure it can be justified with humans naturally would hold a weapon differently and so the stock/trigger are build differently to accommodate them.
I had the exact same thought. A different stock would make perfect sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor of Morgoth
ahh, I knew it was something like that. Still seems to me, that there's not too much converting needed for the pulse rifle squad members.
pffft, I'm going to make a whole squad of Gue'vesa with pulse rifles, and have them count as Fire Warriors. My commander loves incorporating auxillaries! Also: it means my army will be different, fits well with the fluff I'm making for the cadre, AND I don't need to ask for permission to field my cool converts.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 07:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

For my Gue'vesa, I just replaced the barrels of a grenade launcher and a meltagun with pulse rifle barrels. Still, lasgun conversions should work just fine.
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote