Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sigmar,the lost space marine chapter
Old 02 Jun 2007, 18:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Sigmar,the lost space marine chapter

-I found out a couple of days ago that Sigmar is a lost space marine chapter,so I have decided to convert some space marines,I have thought of everything apart from the head has anyone got any ideas?-

EVERTHING ELSE YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD
IS A LIE!
Commander NightGale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2007, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Sigmar,the lost space marine chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander NightGale
-I found out a couple of days ago that Sigmar is a lost space marine chapter,so I have decided to convert some space marines,I have thought of everything apart from the head has anyone got any ideas?-
You're wrong.

Do I really have to say more than that? The idea that Sigmar is one of the lost Primarchs is just shaky conjecture, and he certainly isn't an entire Chapter. Get your terminology, as well as your sources, straight.

As for converting a Chapter of "Sigmarines"... two-tailed comets and hammers IIRC?
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 00:12   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae

You're wrong.

Do I really have to say more than that? The idea that Sigmar is one of the lost Primarchs is just shaky conjecture, and he certainly isn't an entire Chapter. Get your terminology, as well as your sources, straight.

As for converting a Chapter of "Sigmarines"... two-tailed comets and hammers IIRC?
Whoa buddy, calm down. The idea that Sigmar is a lost primarch is old old old, so ease up on the rude. Back in old fluff the whole fantasy world was within the eye of terror, so back then anythig was possible as far as the fiction went.

@Cmdr Nightgale: If you wanna make a chapter based of Sigmar's imagery I say go for it.
skrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 00:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Yes that fluff is very old but also about as far out of date and over written as you can get.

One can use Sigmar and his imagery to design their own DIY Chapter, but those gamers and members of the forum that can be called "veterans" are probably sick to death of hearing people new into the hobby making mistakes that they deem so... simple.

As a note there is a lot of fluff but not all of it is valid anymore, some is contradictory and some is very old. It's always good to double check things before acting on them, especially where creating an entirely new army is concerned as that is a lot of cash down the drain if you come to hate the idea later.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 01:19   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Whether or not the Warhammer Fantasy and 40k realms overlap and Sigmar was the lost Primarch, using some of the imagery from Fantasy's Empire army is not a bad idea for Space Marines.

Some of it should be pretty obvious. Sigmar is always associated with the twin-tailed comet, and the hammer. So the comet could be your chapter symbol (it is relatively easy to paint free-hand), and you will want to take as many Thunder Hammers as possible. There are tons of Empire bits that will help you emphasize both of these symbols.

I would try to find a lot of plastic Empire heads. They are going to be pretty common these days, and Battlewagon bits is a good place to start. That should help you with a distinctive flavor not found in the normal clean-shaven heads that most Space Marine kits give you. Bretonnian heads are a good place to look if you want long hair. There are two heads on the Knight sprue that work pretty well.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 13:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

-Thanks for help & support I think that using empire knights heads are a good idea.-

IS A LIE!
Old 03 Jun 2007, 18:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

+++you need to make them look like classic minitures because this would probably be pre Heresy.+++

Sig by Drobot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
Is a nice guy, though he shouldn't 'have to sig' something someone else says, just to please them.
[quote=Hadhfang]
Is just awesome, and probably emits an aura of Awesomage!
[
Hate Enriches
Sven-Kaiser of Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2007, 18:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

true- if you really want to go along with this kind of chapter then you have to remember that Sigmar died- and that the Warhammer is deep within the Eye of Terror and was never reunited with the Imperium.

On another note- a very long time ago Warhammer and 40k were linked, however- no longer. GW has strictly said that they inhabit two separate universes- so, your definitely going to get some odd looks from older gamers. But its your hobby- right? Right.
Old 03 Jun 2007, 19:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

-Not really,I think my GW says there still in the same universe, I don`t know how long ago, but they ran a WH campain were a dreadnaught had gotten through the warp and into the warhammer world,but your right they will have to be pre-heresy, the MK2B FW pre-heresy land raider would be good in my army.-

IS A LIE!
Old 04 Jun 2007, 02:43   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hmm. Yeah. I don't want to sound rude, but if your local gamesworkshop is telling you that the two universes are joined then they're pretty far behind.

The fluff will go against you, and the idea that Sigmar was a lost primarch is an old and outdated idea. However, if you aknowledge that and proceed anyway I think that a lot can be done with the imagery of the empire. You can still fit it into the fluff by saying your chapter's geneseed comes from an 'unknown source' and that they recruit from a medieval world that is constantly wrought in wars against chaos. Have all the hints in the fluff that this is either the world of Warhammer, or something 40k equivalent.

Hell, you could even call the planet they are from 'Sigma' and you could say they are the Sons of Sigma.

People will take your army more seriously if you put in the effort to make it a bit originaly rather than just saying 'Sigmar is a Primarch'. Heaps of hammers, hats, beards and twin tailed comets will make a fine Space Marine chapter.

Gafgarion is offline   Reply With Quote