Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fire Warrior Kor'Saum Squad
Closed Thread
Old 17 Feb 2005, 13:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Fire Warrior Kor'Saum Squad

I was looking through the conversion section of the forum and saw Shas,o Vorla Kia's *Fuel Rod gun thread
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=4077.0 *and it made me thing how much it as like my Saum'Ol launcher carried by my Kor'Saum squads. So I thought I'd post the squad up. The pic is the raw version based but not yet painted. I'm painting the squad at the moment.

The Kor'Saum are an elite choice in the army and consists of 3-6 fire warriors and upto 1 drone per Fire warrior. Up to half the squad can carry a Saum'Ol Launcher, which is basically a Napalm rocket launcher which use the large 'pie plate' blast marker, but only does standard flamer damage. It's still real effective at wiping out Guard, Boyz and Nid's especially since like the Rail Rifle it's equiped with a target lock *>

Anyway take a look at the pic and let me know what you think.

I've got loads more conversions to post later incluing my work-in-progress XV606 Razorshell and the massive XV69 Lobster, as well as the scary XV87 Lamprey and Stingray Heavy Tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
"Warning: Possible side-effects include: Armor Penetration, vaporisation, localised crater formation, vehicular exit-wounds, charred husks, slag, ignition of environing atmosphere and occasional death. Staring down barrel may induce nausea and/or explosive diarhea or other flu-like symptoms. Repeated firing while hugging primary coils may result in genetic deteriorations in as much as 12% of the population. Always keep away from face"
Old 17 Feb 2005, 16:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Fire Warrior Kor'Saum Squad

very cool!

so you fully assemble THEN paint I take it? Just curious..when I tried that on a single FW it was easier to do them un-assembeled.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 18:46   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Wow thats very flatering its greate u like it thanks. yours is very cool 8).
Old 17 Feb 2005, 19:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thats nice, do tell, do tell?
Old 17 Feb 2005, 20:11   #5 (permalink)
CnadienWargamerW

Very cool. What did you use for da guns?

Old 18 Feb 2005, 00:07   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
very cool!

so you fully assemble THEN paint I take it? Just curious..when I tried that on a single FW it was easier to do them un-assembeled.
For squads and most individual figs yeah fully assembled. Becuase my Sept colour scheme uses a 3 shade blue and a 2 shade grey I find it easier to get a natural blend. For vehicles and larger peices I'll built parts and then paint.

My custom Kais from Fire warrior is a good example of the finished scheme,

As for how the Saum'Ol Launcher is made it's simply a butchered Plasma Rifle from a Crisis, A upright Pulse Rifle arm and binocular arm set from the DF/HH.

It's really simple.

1: Take the plasma Rifle and cut the end off the barrel and the pins for attaching to the Crisis but keep 1 handy, put these to 1 side.
2: Remove the power cells and pipe.
3: Stick the end of the barrel where the pipe was and add the saved pin flush against it on the left hand side
4: Remove the Pulse rifle just below triggerguard and cut a section from the shoulder so the arm fits flush against the body of the Fire Warrior.
5: Glue the Plasma Rilfe to the Pulse Rifle
6: Remove the right arm form the binoculars and the small dome in the middle by the hands.
7: look closely at the binocular top* at the rear most part there are two domes. cut between them to enable the FireWarrior to look through the scope with his helmet on.
8: Attach the front part of the Binocular right side to the pin you added on the left side of the Plasma Rifle
9: Attach the Saum'Ol to your Fire warrior and add a shoulder pad as normal to the left arm.

Real easy like I said eh* ;D

If you want to make them feel free. but keep the pic hand so you can check everythings right.

Most of the rules for the squad are listed above but I'll post full rules if interest in the rules forum.

Quote:
"Warning: Possible side-effects include: Armor Penetration, vaporisation, localised crater formation, vehicular exit-wounds, charred husks, slag, ignition of environing atmosphere and occasional death. Staring down barrel may induce nausea and/or explosive diarhea or other flu-like symptoms. Repeated firing while hugging primary coils may result in genetic deteriorations in as much as 12% of the population. Always keep away from face"
Old 18 Feb 2005, 01:27   #7 (permalink)
CnadienWargamerW

That Kais is way cool.

Old 18 Feb 2005, 02:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ah man its a conversion!

I love covnersions espeicially really well done ones.
Oh and not just one in yor case but 3 no less.

Nicely done and the squad and missiles look great.

Good stuff.

And Shas,o Vorla Kia ,
I have to say great job on thinking them up.
Nicely done also.

Great job again good stuff cant wait to see them painted.

*off to try making some of those for my guys.....*
Old 18 Feb 2005, 16:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Very cool! I like the look, the plasmas as a missile launcher type weapon totally look in place on those little firewarriors. Solid look to them. Definately could fool someone to thinking they're stock models even

Really cool idea with the squad too. You should forward this idea to chapter approved or WD or something, somewhere, if it gets enough attention you never know if will become something we can all take. Imagine a squad like this being a new choice for fast attack instead of pathfinders and the like. If you take the template down to the blast template (not the large blast template) then I'm sure they're quite balanced out for it, kind of like portable mini submunitions... especially cool if they work like flamers completely and ignore cover saves! What kind of range do you use with them? 36 inches?

Great job man
Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:20   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDeath

Great job again good stuff cant wait to see them painted.

*off to try making some of those for my guys.....*
You may want to hold up there Grey Death you haven't seen the XV-21 Elen'Ka Battlesuits yet. You'll need a plasma rifle for each one of them and its a max squad of 6!

Just a* quick little FYI. They're now fully painted and ready to dish out some serious fiery pain.
Full rules and pic can be found here!!
If more pics are need just let me know and I'll get some done.

MalVeauX check out the rules and let me know what you think! I may just submit them to the guys at GW if you all like the idea enough.

Quote:
Closed Thread