Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kill Team HellHound idea
Closed Thread
Old 30 Jan 2005, 02:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Kill Team HellHound idea

ok, so im a Tau player, and id like to do Kill Team. i LUV modifying my figures, and like the style of the lil game. problem is, Tau has no Kit to give their team members character.

so i was reading how a flamer was essential for kill team.... and wondered how i could work it into a Tau force. my solution? a HellHound: Kroot Hound with a flamer RIG (not a boring old flamer glue-on)on his back.. with hoses going into the rear of its jaw, and the igniter little bit strapped onto the head.... presto! a flamer Hound!

to be fair i think id change its stats like so: -1 A, -1 WS... +Flamer... +Gets Hot rule

Kroot hounds can be adapted to be napalm-resistant, but still, things can go wrong giving a dog a weapon, therefore the Gets Hot rule..*

now, do you think itd be kewl enough to be accepted in Kill Team? what kind of Brute Buy points would it have to grant? im open to opinions.*
Old 30 Jan 2005, 21:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Seto
Default Re: Kill Team HellHound idea

Sounds kool. I would love to se some pics of it.

Maybe paint them normall, and then drybrush black and dark brown around the flamer to creating a singed effect.
Old 03 Feb 2005, 15:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You could also use that big kroot thing with the heavy mount and kroot riding on his back (anyone know what I am talking about?) and swap out to a Tau flamer.

The hound idea sounds good as well, but I am not sure why they would have the nozel hooked up to the critter's mouth.
Old 08 Feb 2005, 19:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i think you mean krootox, and having the flamer hooed up to the mouth could be a psychological thing. fire breathing puppies, could add that in to their rules. they scare the ..... out of the enemy
Old 08 Feb 2005, 20:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of!

Fire breathing pups seem more the realm of chaos (no pun intended) or something orcs would rig up (well, fire breathing squigs). I would even say Imperial Witch Hunters might do something like that.

Just seems that the Kroot or Tau would not mechanically modify the beast - in my opinion at least.

The Kroot would likely do something like the Krootox (mounted gun), or it would be an evolved trait from their unique version of Darwinian Evolution - something like a throat sac that holds the flammable venom.

The Tau.. well.. I see them just make a flamer drone, similar to the one Grey Death made a while back.

Old 08 Feb 2005, 20:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

good point justin, so maybe a whole new kroot beast needs to be designed. a bit of a corny idea but what about a lizrd type looking thing. long tail, maybe remains of wings from an ancestral gene. actually a bit like a hound sized dragon. with a bio-chemical spray that ignites when mixed.
Closed Thread