Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help needed: What Space Marine is needed for this job?
Closed Thread
Old 18 Jan 2007, 18:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Help needed: What Space Marine is needed for this job?

Well, I hope any of you don't get get offended by this, but I'm planning on using a Marine in my Crisis commander suit base. The position I have my commander in is a sitting-esque pose, and I was looking recently for a Marien for him to sit on top of.

But, I was wondering, what marine do you think would look best? I was thinking of using a standard bearer and then having the standard drummed into the ground next to him, but I wasn't sure. I also thought the power armour might be a pain to get him to sit on, as it bulks out in the torso.

So, any thoughts? (And, as a note, sorry if I've made anyone annoyed by this idea, I just like making some of my important models (Tanks, commanders) stand out)
Old 18 Jan 2007, 19:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Help needed: What Space Marine is needed for this job?

It'd look dead spiffy if you modelled your commander to be standing with one foot on the head on a dead marine lying face down in the dirt, looking about for his next victim. You could use just about any plastic marine because there's plenty of parts, so they'd be very posable. I think a standard bearer would be your best choice, but only if you commonly play against a particular chapter; because no self respecting chapter would leave a fallen man behind unless they had no alternative...but there's no way they'd ever leave a company standard in the hands of the enemy; it'd have to be taken from them during the course of the battle.

Alternatively, you could model a marine with a heavy weapon; he'd be a prime target for your advancing battlesuits and it'd also make the base look more detailed.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 20:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I like the Emperor's Champion model for that purpose actually. Thats what I used for my Shas'O's new model. You can see a couple pictures (though they are old and rather poor) here: http://squaliix.tripod.com/redneck_a...dex.album?i=40

If you want to find a good model I would suggest looking at the Online store. For a generic marine however I would suggest an Assault Marine, the assault squad box is not that expencive and has the parts to make a generic marine, the running legs are good for making a Marine look dead and the plastic means you can easily pose the model however you want and easily do battle damage on the body t oshow the mortal wounds inflicted.

Old 19 Jan 2007, 02:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Scouts could work, the're smaller, and more likely to die (4+ sv.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Old 20 Jan 2007, 04:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Polzinator Send a message via Yahoo to Polzinator

just get a plastic marine commander so he's easier to convert

Closed Thread