Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

space wolf WIP
Closed Thread
Old 18 Jan 2007, 12:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default space wolf WIP

ok, so i haven't really posted much for quite some time now, not least cos what i can work on is kinda restricted at the moment thanks to time issues. however, over the last coupla days i've actually had a small amount of free time, so i've gone back to work...and while you're not gonna get to see my latest paintings until i can get a decent light setup, i'll happily show you my latest conversion, or at least where i'm up to with it

obviously there's still more work to be done yet...i still need a backpack, which i'm thinking won't be quite standard, and he's definitely gonna need some heavy furs, but i'm thinking this time i'll skip the full cloak. plus he needs some proper hair, and his hand needs some fixing, but i think he's coming along nicely...i might even throw in a size comparison at some point (i think he stands taller than a termie...)

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 18 Jan 2007, 12:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: space wolf WIP

going for a truescale look eh? It all looks pretty clean and smooth, should look the goods once all the standard SW bling is applied.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 12:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

actually, i'm going for slightly larger than truescale. i want him to look titanic

and there's not gonna be all that much bling applied to him...i'm figuring i'll do everything in freehand when i paint him

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 19 Jan 2007, 07:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby

Nice ;D

I love the claw in combination with the hammer kind of thing. And his pose is really cool.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 12:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

i don't think i like the pose too much. it's just nothing special. though you did a great job with the convertion in general
Old 19 Jan 2007, 13:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

give him bling and skulls, skulls make everything look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
Old 19 Jan 2007, 19:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I can't wait to see this finished. Truly wonderful conversion.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 00:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor
i don't think i like the pose too much. it's just nothing special. though you did a great job with the convertion in general
yeah, i kinda went with a pretty boring walking pose. what i did try and do is make sure that position wise, its as accurate as possible, given the limited options i have with pieces. i did this cos pretty much everything in 40k is in some sort of action pose, like they're about to jump into combat, or they're giving orders, or they're racing to get there. i want this guy to look more like he's just come out of combat. way i figure it, someone walking in a relaxed fashion across the battlefield is far more threatening then someone who needs to jump and race everywhere

anyways, thanks for the comments, folks. more shots up later today, hopefully

Old 20 Jan 2007, 01:13   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Hmm... that first picture makes him look a little awkward and stiff to me... although the second one does look more natural.

I like the axe/halberd/whatever that is. Weapon.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 04:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

ok, round 2:

and a comparison shot

ok, so as you can see, he'd pretty tall...but beyond that, he's pretty much finish. his fur cloak needs a little work, not only on the back there, down near the bottom, but i think i'm gonna exten it right up onto his shoulders, and maybe sculpt little fasteners there

i'm also contemplating adding an insignia to one of his legs...however, i may have to either paint it on, or skip it altogether unless i can find something really good that i can actually do

Closed Thread