Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Jump Troops
Old 11 Oct 2006, 22:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Tau Jump Troops

I'm working on a new version of the Tau Jump Troops I made before. The old ones just had two grenade launchers glued to the sides of their backpack, but I want to get more detailed than that.

My main points are:

The gun- I want it to look similar to a pulse rifle, but be a little bulkier to represent an additional power cell or something that makes it more powerful. (The Jump Troopers' guns have the same stats as Vespid Neuton Blasters)

Pose- I want to make it look like these troops are ready to take off, or possibly even make a couple in flight.

Jetpacks- I really want to get more detail here. Exhaust ports, power cells, fuel stores, etc.

Armor- Logic states that having the shoulder pad, a decent chunk of armor, on one side of the body would make a Fire Warrior unbalanced in flight. I want to either remove it entirely, or slim it down and put one on each side.
nezzerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2006, 01:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Tau Jump Troops

These guys are oretty simple, start with a normal fire warrior with a pulse carbine and no backpack. Attach an old sealthsuit jetpack on him instead, cut off the power pack on a fusion blaster and out this on the carbine. leave the shoulder pads off to represnt less armor.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 04:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Why not mod up Pathfinders instead? They have a bit less armor, cool poses, and the sleek helmets already.
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2006, 05:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i would cut off the armor plates and then modify pulse rifles like waargh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor
I would like the bare legs a bit better if they weren't belonging to a old woman with Grey Hair.

Kinda wrong.
I agree with that, at least try to make her look hot and young!

Anyways, dont give toasty any ideas, he already loves his Sisters too much....
edraik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2006, 18:35   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Malcaor: The XV15 packs are too bulky, and don't look very jumppack-ish. It would also mean ordering some old XV15's, which I am in no position to do at the moment.

Jericho: I think the Pathfinder poses, while cool, are too limited. I also prefer to work with plastic. And the Pathfinders lack backpacks. And they're expensive.

edraik: By armor plates, I'm guesssing you mean shoulder pads. And the rifle modifacations sound good, I'll give it a try.
nezzerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2006, 17:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Forge world grav chutes are cool looking, and might fit the bill. Not cheap, but not too bad for FW stuff, and you'll only need a few.
Rapid Fire

Gets 'em every time

Bustafer Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2006, 01:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

how about a flamer fuel can on his back, and two fusion blaster fuel cans on the shoulder with little peices of guitar string connecting them?
Old 14 Oct 2006, 04:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

for jetpacks the old xv15 jetpacks are probably your best bet--just buy the bits separately from GW mail order. 6 of those isn't even 20 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Anyways, just because we have already had someone who called it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMenUseCarbines
Heh, thought he'd know by now...watch this turn into another relationship advice thread.
*DING DING DING* You're a winner!!! you get your choice of bragging rights or nothing, choose wisely!!!
RealMenUseCarbines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2006, 05:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I love the old stealthsuits...ah...(he sighs happily)

the new ones are all bulky and Klkn (&#39;scuse my french), the old ones relly fit the bill, the only thing I like about the new stealthsuits is their rules!!! (now I can get targetting arrays on the squad)

I seem to remember a Tau army that featured in the WD (at least here in Australia) during the Medusa V campaign (funnily enough, by a Frenchman I think), he went by the name of Bruno Rizzo or something similar. Cutting to the chase, I think he mentioned he was having no extrataurestrials (no non-tau models) and had started on combat tau to replace the kroot and flyer tau to represent Vespids.

I believe he has an article on the GW website in the Tau section, try checking there!
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote