Warhammer 40K Forum

TG Command Squad
Closed Thread
Old 27 Nov 2004, 17:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kre Mont re
Default TG Command Squad

+++TG = Traitor guard+++

+++Right, I'm finally starting my new Kharpzychian guard army (Slaaneshi Traitor Guard), and I need comments on how I've converted the Command Squad of the Command HQ (the one unit I've bought so far). Also ideas for more conversions welcome! So far I have converted:
  • Senior officer with head cut off and replaced with a skull. The skull has a bionic eye and hair sculpted from greenstuff. Also a Slaaneshi icon sculpted onto one of the shoulder pads (veeery fiddly but looks good)
  • Wounded soldier has greenstuff tentacles coming out of his wounded arm
  • Medic has the hand carrying the water bottle replaced with one of the hands from the zombie standard, carrying a syringe made from bits of a pin and some thin plastic tubing
  • Standard bearer has cadian standard removed, replaced with a cocktail stick banner pole with a spike from the spiky bitz sprue on the top. Soon I'll add a Slaaneshi design paper banner
  • Meltagun has a daemonic maw from the chaos hatch sprue. It was a rediculously difficult conversion, made by trying to drill out the centre of the daemonic face with a drill bit little smaller than the component itself! The end result's good though
  • All models will soon have spikes from the chaos spiky bitz sprue added to one shoulder pad, plus all imperial insignia removed

+++No conversion for the vox caster, any ideas? Also comments welcome on what I've already done+++

+++Unfortunately I can't provide pics but I'll post them up as soon as I det a digital camera (some time in December)+++
Old 05 Dec 2004, 09:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: TG Command Squad

You need a digi camera man
Old 05 Dec 2004, 11:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

+++Precisely. Hopefully not more than a couple of weeks now 'till I get one+++

+++Any thoughts on how I should convert that vox caster guy?+++
Old 05 Dec 2004, 13:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Probably just put a SM sattalite dish on a IG lascannon tripod, seen it done- looks cool
Old 05 Dec 2004, 14:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Replace the speaker part with a Doom Siren bit from the Slaaneshi Aspiring Champion. I did that on my Slaaneshi Agitator and it looks alright.
Old 05 Dec 2004, 16:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

+++Not sure how I'd do that Subzero, how'd you remove the doom siren from the face? On the other hand, I suppose I could always just add a daemonic maw >+++

+++As for Regargis' idea, I'm not sure where I'd put the satelite dish on tripod - just on the base or attatch to the model itself? Also looking more for conversions that'll make him look Chaosey and/ or Slaaneshi, like the rest of the command squad+++
Old 06 Dec 2004, 17:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I would just use a Noise Marine head (the ones with the speakers for the mouth, I have on if you want it, it also looks like a skull) and pose the model as if it were straining to be heard, like really YELLING! Hehehe. That would look pretty good.

How do you use a Traitor Guard army? Are the rules in Chapter Approved, because I know its not in the Eye of Terror codex. I'd really like to make a TG army, but the EOT is a little too Chaos Space Marine influeced.

Ender
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Old 06 Dec 2004, 18:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kre Mont're/ Colonel Kill
+++Not sure how I'd do that Subzero, how'd you remove the doom siren from the face? On the other hand, I suppose I could always just add a daemonic maw >+++

+++As for Regargis' idea, I'm not sure where I'd put the satelite dish on tripod - just on the base or attatch to the model itself? Also looking more for conversions that'll make him look Chaosey and/ or Slaaneshi, like the rest of the command squad+++
No...you know the backpack that's on the metal Slaaneshi champion, clip one of the Doom Sirens off of there.
Old 06 Dec 2004, 18:26   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Nice conversions there... Any ideas how your gonna do any advisors and I would go with a doom siren for comm-link.
Old 07 Dec 2004, 18:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero
No...you know the backpack that's on the metal Slaaneshi champion, clip one of the Doom Sirens off of there.
+++Oh right . Yeah, that would look pretty cool, although I don't think I have any doom siren backpacks in my bitz box atm. Actually, I've already done the conversion with the d. maw from the hatch sprue, also I did a conversion with the loop arial to make it look like a symbol of Slaanesh (difficult to explain exactly how, you'll just have to wait for pics )+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew "Ender" Wiggin
How do you use a Traitor Guard army? Are the rules in Chapter Approved, because I know its not in the Eye of Terror codex. I'd really like to make a TG army, but the EOT is a little too Chaos Space Marine influeced.
+++Just using the rules from Codex: Guard. They represent a pure traitor guard army much better than the EoT rules IMHO - and I can have a non CSM leading the army into the bargain+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Tyross
Nice conversions there... Any ideas how your gonna do any advisors?
+++Hey, you can't say that until I post pics :P. About the advisors, I don't have any as yet but I might buy a fantasy Chaos sorcerer or two to act as a Sanctioned Psyker+++