Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How to make FW squad with spare FW bits! Finished squad pg 2 cloaks and mohawks!
Closed Thread
Old 09 Apr 2006, 01:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default How to make FW squad with spare FW bits! Finished squad pg 2 cloaks and mohawks!

OK today an idea came to me, I was thinking how I could use my spare FW bits to make a FW squad. Then i cam up with the great idea of making cloaked FW that look like covert sniper guys or just FW who get rained on (I prefer the first).* ;D Now since the idea came to me i have managed to make an entire squad,* that looks great and is LEGAL! Since I am feeling generous I will share my idea with you all! I hope it helps some of you!* ;D

Materials:
-Lots of green stuff
-spare FW bits
-Knife
-Scissors
-Tooth pick or anything else that will do the job
-Spare bases
-Glue
-Patience
-Styrofoam

Instructions:

1. OK the first step is to organize you spare bits and bases into 12 FW sections. Once that is done you grad a chunk of Styrofoam and carve it into the shape of a FW torso, and use a little green stuff to stick it to the legs. If you do not have enough legs then you carve legs out of the Styrofoam and then stick the torso and the legs together with a tooth pick through the middle and a little green stuff for good measure. Once it is stuck you glue the legs on to the base.

2. OK now that you have taken care of the lower half you may move onto the top half. First you carve out a Styrofoam arm and stick it to the torso using green stuff and a piece of tooth pick. If you do not have many arms then make two Styrofoam arms. Make sure that one of the arms is holding a gun or you can glue on a gun to the arms. Once the arms are stuck on the torso, squeeze them for about 20 seconds to make sure the are stuck on.

3. Now that the arms are stuck on you may continue on to the head. If you have no more spare heads then carve one out of Styrofoam. Once the Styrofoam is carved then use a piece of a tooth pick and some green stuff to stick it on to the torso. If you have a spare head then wait until the green stuff cloak is placed on to the body to stick it on.

4. Once all of the body parts are securely arranged into the shape of a FW then you can continue on to the frustrating part. Grab some green stuff and flatten it out into a flat cloak like thing. Once the green stuff is shaped then you place it onto the body and form it to look like a cloak. Make sure that all of the Styrofoam body parts are safely covered and the gun is not covered. If you have any spare heads now is the time to place it on the body with green stuff.

5. Now that all of the body except for the head is covered in a green stuff cloak you may continue on to make the hood. To make the hood if you have a spare FW head you flatten out some green stuff and place it over the head (make sure the face is showing). If you do not have a spare FW head then you get some green stuff and flatten it into 2 pieces. The first piece you use to cover where there would be a face and the second you use as a hood.

6. You are now done and you may continue on to painting your brand new spare bits FW squad!
My pictures of them painted will be posted some time this week.

I hope this is some use to those of you out there with a limited GW budget and creativity.

Old 09 Apr 2006, 01:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: How to make FW squad out of spare FW bits! (easy, cheap, fast and good looking)

so these are like jungle fire warriors or something since they all have capes
Old 09 Apr 2006, 01:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: How to make FW squad out of spare FW bits! (easy, cheap, fast and good looki

You, sir, are a genious - I've got to do that for my swamp-fighter FWs now!
Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: How to make FW squad out of spare FW bits! (easy, cheap, fast and good looking)

Nope....... They are anthing you want them to be. ;D Mine are FWs with cloak to hide them in the desert. It all depends on how you paint them. Desert ca-mo or jungle green or rock gray or maybe party pink. :P i prefer desert ca-mo.
Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

i would do this, but only if i had spare heads. i wouldnt do this is i didnt have a spare head, since they only look like green blobs. and i would glue spare things on there bases and on there cloaks too like grenades or a spare gun and use some green stuff to make it look strapped on.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: How to make FW squad out of spare FW bits! (easy, cheap, fast and good looki

Cool idea, you get points their.
But they look like Mud Monsters from scooby Doo.

Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Meh that's your opinion......... I do think they should look better once they are painted! ;D
Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like the one in the first row, on the far left, he's kind of just huddled up, looks like he's sleeping.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:29   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

nice conversions .... but i did this before and if you just make 12 firewarriors .. all have enough to make another 5 all you need is to sculp your own torsos ... if i had a camera then i would show you guys
"they got ded big shooty guns dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz,coz you anit gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough ta crump em"

warlord skarmork the great despolier
Old 09 Apr 2006, 02:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Mawell I went for quantity and i think they will look great when they are painted! ;D