Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Biggest Conversion Ever
Closed Thread
Old 01 Nov 2004, 13:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via MSN to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via Yahoo to WarmasterDevilfish
Default My Biggest Conversion Ever

Personally i've never been all that big on conversions, i've always played with the odd swapping here and there, and i also made vehicles for a game which the club i help run is planning to run at games day 2005 (uk) which were basically ork vehicles, took to bits and other stuff stuck on (picture a wartruck with the wing sections off a falcon grav tank.. you get the picture)

Anyway, on to the conversion which is sat before me now in its complete state:

Yes, it's a razorback, how amazing, but the bit thats bin converted is all "under the bonnet" as it were. I've managed to integrate a fully functioning remote control tank into the bottom of it...

The tank i used is one i got from firebox and you can find it here (firebox stopped selling, but www.boysstuff.co.uk might still have it)

Either way the way i did it was to take the razorback frame and cut the mounting posts out from the outer shell, to leave just your basic shell. Instead of attatching the inner shells (rhino hulls are double walled at the sides) i then cut out holes for the tracks in the door mounts, and added in the tank parts. There is no bottom on the tank as you can see from the picture so i can get to the battery bays etc. The back of the tank is also modified so that i can get at the on off switch, but all this means is that the door that is usually on the back is fixed solid, and is cut in half to allow access. The only things holding the tank into the chassis are the door at the back which is glued, and the front bumper as it were, where the dozer blade is attatched.

If anyone would like to try a similar conversion, the only tools i used were a set of standard GW clippers, and super glue, no fancy saws or anything, and i think it took about 2 hours including painting (granted the paint scheme is nothing fancy, but it does the job...)

Anyway thanks for reading and i welcome all comments (except maybe put one in a landraider, because sadly the tracks are too wide, so it looks wrong, unless of course you use the old style landraider in which case they are about right )

I feel obliged to say this, my name has nothing, i repeat NOTHING to do with the Tau APC, i chose this name long before I even knew about 40k, based upon a Chinese old wives tale about a fish which can kill you when eaten, it either poisons you if you cook it for too long, or if you don't cook it enough. I feel that should answer your question as to why i am the "Devilfish" - Not reccomended for consumption

40k Armies:
Chaos - Khorne - 1400pts
Space Marines - Crimson Skulls (My own chapter) - 1000pts

Battelfleet Gothic Fleets:
Chaos - Khorne - 3505pts

Armies in the Pipeline:
Warhammer - High Elves - 2642pts - Now in many bits on my desk... only 100 models to glue and paint :'(
Warhammer 40k - Tau - unknown at present, still working a list
Old 01 Nov 2004, 20:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Falhandir Send a message via MSN to Falhandir Send a message via Yahoo to Falhandir
Default Re: My Biggest Conversion Ever

Some people have too mcuh time on their hands :P

Man that would be fun to use though "Move twelve inches?" *whips out the remote*

It doesn't look that bad from above either, which is what matters.

Imagine that in Golden Daemon, if they don't put it through you just drive it into the winners section while they have their back turned
Old 01 Nov 2004, 21:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to BlackLotusElite

thats cool i wanna try a hover hammerhad with rotaing turret
Old 02 Nov 2004, 06:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLotusElite
thats cool i wanna try a hover hammerhad with rotaing turret
Doesn't everyone? :P
Old 02 Nov 2004, 15:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via MSN to WarmasterDevilfish Send a message via Yahoo to WarmasterDevilfish

the nice thing is it could be done use one of them remote control hovercrafts and build it overscaled from very light e.g. carboard materials...

Would look a bit bad with the fact that you need a skirt on the bottom, but it would sorta float

I feel obliged to say this, my name has nothing, i repeat NOTHING to do with the Tau APC, i chose this name long before I even knew about 40k, based upon a Chinese old wives tale about a fish which can kill you when eaten, it either poisons you if you cook it for too long, or if you don't cook it enough. I feel that should answer your question as to why i am the "Devilfish" - Not reccomended for consumption

40k Armies:
Chaos - Khorne - 1400pts

Chaos - Khorne - 3505pts

Armies in the Pipeline:
Warhammer - High Elves - 2642pts - Now in many bits on my desk... only 100 models to glue and paint :'(
Old 03 Nov 2004, 01:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Zedd

Awesome conversion. I'm sure it's lots of fun to play with.

Wouldn't a hovering Hammerhead have to have that fat cushion underneath? I think an RC Land Raider would be awesome, or maybe a Dreadnought riding a motorcross bike?
Old 03 Nov 2004, 04:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Your RC razor back brings new meaning to the phrase tank shock......mite pi** off the other play though ;D
Old 03 Nov 2004, 05:47   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Wow, what a simple, yet insanely cool idea! Ya know what would be fun? Don't tell your opponent, then you can see the look on his/her face when the thing starts moving "on its own". > I might just have to buy a tank just so I can try that out! I'm not sure how you would get the hammerhead to hover, that sounds reeealy hard (and besides, have you ever tried to control one of those mini-hovercraft things? It's friggin' impossible.), but a rotating turret sounds feasible, you would just need to find the right motor. Wheee!
Old 03 Nov 2004, 15:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

yeh, motor can be done, i know that much... it has an led mechanism in it for a laser tag game when you push a trigger on the remote, with a bit of jiggery pokery i could wire that up to a small servo, but it's just more work

I took it too the games club i help run last night and i've already had 5 offers to buy it, and 3 people wanting me to make them one it's great

40k Armies:
Chaos - Khorne - 1400pts

Chaos - Khorne - 3505pts

Armies in the Pipeline:
Old 03 Nov 2004, 23:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i'd even go for one thats pr0lly the best tank conversion i've ever seen or at least the most intersesting....some one should do a remote control thunder hawk ( like a remote control plane )
Closed Thread