Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ogryn Conversions
Closed Thread
Old 30 Oct 2004, 14:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Aegis Guard
Default Ogryn Conversions

OK...so I'm starting a guard army and I want to add ogryns. I don't really want to use regular ogryn models though...that's boring. I was thinking about using these crazy werewolf models from "Rackham Confrontation" that I saw on scifigenre.com and modeling on a ripper gun. Problem is I don't know how tall they are. If they are a bit bigger than ogryns or about that size that's great but if they are Inquisitor scale they'd be way too big. Anyone have any experience with these models or have a better idea for a ogryn conversion?
Old 30 Oct 2004, 20:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: Ogryn Conversions

They are 28mm scale(same as warhammer and 40K) but as with many rackham models they are pretty big although they would still work as ogryn sized models.

They look fantastic and aren't that expenisve either.

The only problem is that you will have to come up with some major fluff for them as the only reason guard have ogryns is because they are part human and were one point totally human. If something digresses beyond what is comprehended as human especially if it passes abhuman the imperium would just destroy them in all likely hood.

In one story a guardsmans pod landed on a planet inhabited by quadrupeds with human torsos, they use to be human but when the mecahnicus landed they genetically engineered there children to have 4 legs to cope with the high gravity(the mechanicus fleet crash landed so had to change), the quadrupeds digressed into a stone age level but are still quite intelligent but when the guardsman was rescued he said they were aliens so that they imperium wouldn't needlesly kill them(as a few of them followed khorne).
Old 31 Oct 2004, 00:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Aegis Guard

OK...I agree that the models have to be mutated humans to not be exterminated. But what if the planetary government lied? Say that when the warp storms closed off the Aegis system these xeno's helped the human settlers survive. When the world was rediscovered the people had become so used to living together over the perhaps hundreds of generations that they said that they were abhumans and perhaps falsified records as well. Does that sound plausible?
Old 31 Oct 2004, 15:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

sure so long as they are quite a secretive planet and keep themselves to themselves. The imperium norammly interfere alot unless the planet has something that the imperium really wants needs, perhaps the ability to make a certain weapon, a fuel, mineral, metal etc when this happens the planet is on more of a free reign than others.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 17:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Commissar Elvis Send a message via MSN to Commissar Elvis

Also, just be aware that you will not be able to use these models in any RT or GW tournaments. Most people know my position on Games Workshop pricing schemes, but by the same token, I really do like their models (most of them, anyway). What I used to do was take some of the WHFB Minotaurs (I even used one of the SCs from Blood Bowl once) and modeled them into Ogryns (i.e, added a Ripper Gun, removed any "football"-ish markings).

I had 5 Ogryn, 3 of which were the "standard" models, so were all different poses. The other two were the BB Minotaur (and I painted "The Emperor's Cattle" on the base, hehehe) and an OOP Ogryn model from Rogue Trader-era. See if you can find some of the OOP Ogryn models as they are quite cool (they have grenades and all that rot).

Nothing wrong with using non-GW models for friendly games, but if you ever plan on playing in a tourney, you'll need a backup plan.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, cross the Kosmos, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.
Don't know where we're goin' til we get there. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
Closed Thread