Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Idea for daemon prince conversion.
Closed Thread
Old 29 Oct 2004, 20:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via ICQ to PaavoV
Default Idea for daemon prince conversion.

I was thinking about how to make an unique daemon prince for 40k and i came up with this.

It would be a dragon ogre shaggoth with armour and wiring made from green stuff to make it a bit more 40k, ill maybe also add a dead smurf to the base As for the weapon im considering giving him 2 chaos dreadnought cc weapons from forge world or a sword for each hand. For the swords i have considered these bits: Beīlakors sword, Keeper of Secrets sword and the Bone Giant swords
What do you think would look cool for the arms?

It would have atleast stature, speed, 2 ccw and other deamonic gifts and wargear added to taste.

Also, id like to know if you have seen many people use this idea because i donīt like using ideas that are already worn out.
Old 30 Oct 2004, 07:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Idea for daemon prince conversion.

One of the conversions for a deamon prince oneof my mates has done involves the normal deamon prince model.

it has the wings and axe/hand of the bloodthirster
in the other hand it has a detachable heavy bolter (detachable because he can replace it with a lascannon or reaper autocannon)
it is stansing on a mound of dead cadians (like the dex's fist colour pic)
another one a saw was using the st celesteial model from witch hunters and using it as a deamon princess (mainly for a slaaneesh army) or using the dak elf harpies as the same thing just without deamonic stature.

mine is the bel'kore model with the bloodthirsters axe and is standing on 3 dead space marines (used as a deamon pimp for my slaaneesh)

Old 11 Nov 2004, 22:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kre Mont re

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaavoV
I was thinking about how to make an unique daemon prince for 40k and i came up with this.

It would be a dragon ogre shaggoth with armour and wiring made from green stuff to make it a bit more 40k, ill maybe also add a dead smurf to the base As for the weapon im considering giving him 2 chaos dreadnought cc weapons from forge world or a sword for each hand. For the swords i have considered these bits: Beīlakors sword, Keeper of Secrets sword and the Bone Giant swords
What do you think would look cool for the arms?

It would have atleast stature, speed, 2 ccw and other deamonic gifts and wargear added to taste.

Also, id like to know if you have seen many people use this idea because i donīt like using ideas that are already worn out.
+++Well you might want to only use the bottom half of the dragon ogre body and replace the top half with the torso of the CSM daemon prince. The fact he doesn't have power armour might mean your opponent claims he's not WYSIWYG. And it does sound like a pretty original conversion for a DP+++
Old 12 Nov 2004, 23:14   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I'm going to use the Shaggoth model for my Khorne prince, using probably Orion's spear from WFB along wtih a blade from a Ushabti (if I've spelt them wrong then please forgive me lol). I was also planning on using perhaps an spiked armour pad on one or both shoulder and would be holding a Space Marine in one hand as if he's choking him. The upper body would definatally be a green stuffed with a massive Khorne symbol on his chest.

Oh and don't worry about him not looking 40kish because the daemons don't look that 40kish either and that remark about their save, just think about why the Catachans get a 5+ armour save, it's because they have grown resilient over time.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 12:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT (Farseer Tyross)
I'm going to use the Shaggoth model for my Khorne prince, using probably Orion's spear from WFB along wtih a blade from a Ushabti (if I've spelt them wrong then please forgive me lol). I was also planning on using perhaps an spiked armour pad on one or both shoulder and would be holding a Space Marine in one hand as if he's choking him. The upper body would definatally be a green stuffed with a massive Khorne symbol on his chest.

Oh and don't worry about him not looking 40kish because the daemons don't look that 40kish either and that remark about their save, just think about why the Catachans get a 5+ armour save, it's because they have grown resilient over time.
+++Actually if you use the newest IG dex and they take the Jungle fighters doctrine, they only get 6+. And I'm not saying I'd be the one to complain that a fantastic conversion wasn't WYSIWYG, just some people might. Plus a power armoured torso really would help to make it look 40kish+++
Old 13 Nov 2004, 16:07   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Sorry if it seemed like I was getting at you, anyways, I don't think a DP needs to look 40kish and need an armoured torso if the things about him are 40kish, for example, my Lord holding a dead Marine etc
Old 13 Nov 2004, 16:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Sorry if it seemed like I was getting at you, anyways, I don't think a DP needs to look 40kish and need an armoured torso if the things about him are 40kish, for example, my Lord holding a dead Marine etc
+++Sorry if it seemed like it seemed like you were getting at me to me :. I dunno, I always as a personal preference, prefer to make my models 40kish. Apart from my daemonettes I suppose, but they're 40k models in the first place... sort of +++
Old 13 Nov 2004, 17:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

+++Well if you used my idea it might look something like this:

Old 13 Nov 2004, 23:01   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Nice Photoshop (or whatever you used to create that composite pic) job. The more I think about it, I might use a Defiler's head for my Lord Arnell, perhaps include a Grey Knight on his base or something like he's fighting him or something like that.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 14:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Nice Photoshop (or whatever you used to create that composite pic) job. The more I think about it, I might use a Defiler's head for my Lord Arnell, perhaps include a Grey Knight on his base or something like he's fighting him or something like that.
+++In fact it was good ould paint.* I just cut off the bottom half of a shaggoth pic stolen from GW's online store and "trimmed" it down to size, then did the same with the top half of a DP pic. Took a couple of goes to get it just right though . I managed to make it not take an hour to load by saving it as a 256 colour instead of 24-bit bitmap. The colours end up not looking quite as good, but they're still OK+++