Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Pacu
Closed Thread
Old 18 Oct 2004, 00:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tau Pacu

The Tau Pacu is a long ranged fighter for tank hunting.

Under the guidance of Commander Shas'O Mesme' Vre the Earth Caste was instructed to build upon the Devilfish's chassis to be able to Lift twice the amount of weight so it could carry twice the amount of gear, armour, troops and carry twice the fire power.
But had to be Tau so had to stay light enough and nimble enough.

With extra thrusters wich where mounted upside down for a more stable and be more of a vtol vehicle and improve hover abilities to be able to shoot large amounts of fire power at the enemy.
Plus the extra thrusters and wings where added to the front and side pods removed the weight capacity was nearly dubbled and the speed was also increased to a minimal degree.

This inprovement made it possible to carry the extra weight of lots of extra fire power.
The Pacu can have almost any wing mounted weapon combos that the fighter pilot and gunner could want.
THe armour was also improve some but not enough to take away all the added benifits the new engines and wings afforded it.

But then the Earth Caste was requested to inprove the gunners ability to be able to see and track targets faster and more realiable.
This was also done by adding a gun turret to the top of the hammerhead where the gunner was located out side to see and track with no interference.

The thrusters had no problem lifting the turret and the weight.
The Earth Caste where able to add twin linked Broadside Rail Guns to the Turret.
And 4 wing mounted pods which can carry any of the Tau's Twin linked Crisis Suits weapons.
Plus te original burst cannon is still in the nose cone.

This extra fire power and power and ammo takes up a good amount of room inside the ship but still affords enough room for 8 Fire Warriors to travel inside.

This ship was dubbed "The Pacu" for its hungry appetite and rolls in taking the battle to the enemy and attacking targets mutch larger than itself.
When the enemy was pounded until nothing was left the team of Fire Warriors would deploy and quickly wip out anything if at all left.

The "Pacu" is not massed produced and is a rare site and at this moment it is pretty clear the imperium has yet to even encounter one.

The poor Orks and Tyranids have met there deaths at its hands many of times.

This long range fighter and troop transporter is a mobile army in its own rights.

Shas'o Mesme' Vre has ordered emediate building of this model after such great victories in the battle field proving itself time and again.

Side
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...6/69969491.jpg

front
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...6/69969459.jpg

another front
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...6/69969186.jpg

Well input, help with rules, or feedback is welcome.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 07:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Tau Pacu

Man, your king of mad tau conversions and vehicles u deserve some karma and a custom title (if i could give them to u)

How many devilfishes and hammerheads do you go through making all these mad vehicles?
Old 18 Oct 2004, 07:56   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Dogfish varient? Well as always, you make the model, and I'll make the rules! ;D

That is, if you want me to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 19 Oct 2004, 03:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oh ya its one of those catch 22's.

I can convert pretty good but I cant make rules very well.

Its really tough.
Wargamer I have another version of this I will give you a photo of it and if you can you can make a set of rules for it?

I would like the people to be able to choose there own weapons.
Thats what I would like.

Here
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...6/70075204.jpg

another with different weapons.
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL169/...6/69969491.jpg
Old 19 Oct 2004, 08:31   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Right, one Pacu coming up! ;D

I personally see this as a "Gunship" rather than a tank, so the rules will reflect this. If you don't like it, I'll redo it in tank form.

Cost Front Side Rear Bs
Pacu 175 11 11 10 3(4)
Type: VToL Flyer, Heavy Support.
Weapons: Nose-mounted Burst Cannon, Twin-Linked Railgun, Targeting Array.
Options: The Pacu has two Hardpoints (Prow and Aft), chosen from the list below:
Prow: Two Plasma Rifles at +32pts; two Fusion Blasters at +24pts or two Missile Pods at +28pts.
Aft: Two Plasma Rifles at +32pts; two Fusion Blasters at +24pts; two Missile Pods at +28pts or a Smart Missile System at +20pts.
SPECIAL RULES:
VToL Hover Mode: The Pacu behaves exactly as a Flyer. However, rather than leaving the table, the Pacu may choose to "hover". It remains stationary, but may turn to face any direction to bring its weapons to bear. Whilst stationary, it may fire all weapons.

For the purposes of being fired at, threat the Pacu as a fast-moving Skimmer whilst in Hover mode: It can only suffer Glancing Hits. However, attackers use their Bs as normal. If Immobilised, it is destroyed (it cannot make use of Landing Gear).

The Pacu cannot be assaulted, unless the attacker can fly or has Jump Packs, in which case it counts as a moving vehicle.

At the end of its own turn, the Pacu may disengage VToL Hover Mode, firing its main engines and leaving the table. It returns to being a Flyer, and will make an attack run in an enemy turn on a 2+. However, it cannot attack on the next enemy turn, as it must gain speed and height for the next attack.

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 20 Oct 2004, 03:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

That was so cool those are great rules.

I really like them.

I'll print them up and give them a try.

I was thinking of just using it as a Hammerhead variant.
But your rules are neat so I will give them a try if I can and let you know what happens.

Plus I dont know if its big enough to be a flyer?
But the rest is way cool.

Good stuff and I transfered the fluff over from the dogfish because the name was already used so I didn't want to use my fluf up on it.

Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:59   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well to me the Pacu looked a lot more like a Flyer than a tank... you may want to incorporate that into the Fluff (maybe something about removing the anti-grav, and replacing it with VToL Engines to reduce weight and increase flying speed).

Quote:
Old 20 Oct 2004, 18:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Your right it does look like a flyer.
Hmm I have never played with or used a flyer so I was just triing to keep it simple for me.
But your right my bad.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 04:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Right, one Pacu coming up! ;D

I personally see this as a "Gunship" rather than a tank, so the rules will reflect this. If you don't like it, I'll redo it in tank form.

* * * * Cost Front Side Rear Bs
Pacu 175* * 11* * *11* * 10* 3(4)
Type: VToL Flyer, Heavy Support.
Weapons: Nose-mounted Burst Cannon, Twin-Linked Railgun, Targeting Array.
Options: The Pacu has two Hardpoints (Prow and Aft), chosen from the list below:
Prow: Two Plasma Rifles at +32pts; two Fusion Blasters at +24pts or two Missile Pods at +28pts.
Aft: Two Plasma Rifles at +32pts; two Fusion Blasters at +24pts; two Missile Pods at +28pts or a Smart Missile System at +20pts.
SPECIAL RULES:
VToL Hover Mode: The Pacu behaves exactly as a Flyer. However, rather than leaving the table, the Pacu may choose to "hover". It remains stationary, but may turn to face any direction to bring its weapons to bear. Whilst stationary, it may fire all weapons.

For the purposes of being fired at, threat the Pacu as a fast-moving Skimmer whilst in Hover mode: It can only suffer Glancing Hits. However, attackers use their Bs as normal. If Immobilised, it is destroyed (it cannot make use of Landing Gear).

The Pacu cannot be assaulted, unless the attacker can fly or has Jump Packs, in which case it counts as a moving vehicle.

At the end of its own turn, the Pacu may disengage VToL Hover Mode, firing its main engines and leaving the table. It returns to being a Flyer, and will make an attack run in an enemy turn on a 2+. However, it cannot attack on the next enemy turn, as it must gain speed and height for the next attack.
Nice rules for this. I might make my own gunship based on these rules!
Closed Thread