Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Soooo angry just have to post
Old 17 Jun 2010, 16:39   #11 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher
Default Re: Soooo angry just have to post

Hmm listen to some old cds with an old cd player is a possibility or cassete tapes :P if you still have them. Or you could ask your parents if they have one they are not using or older brother or sister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A. Nubis
I still have a 20mb creative zen that is now about 6 years old (and is like a brick)!
Do the wise mp3 players know how it feels, to be thick as a brick? ;D

Although an Ipad sized thing that worked as a touchscreen for a desktop could be nice.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:04   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

Thick of a brick and working is better than flashy and broken.
Plus, I have a handy weapon should someone try to mug me of said device... ;D

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2010, 05:51   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
And wasn't running iphone hardware....

It literally is a giant iphone that can't make calls.

Still, if it kicks other companies in the arse so they start making good tablets, i will be happy
Have you used one yet? I was a bit miffed too at the lack of options I was expecting (note: I made the expectation, not apple). Then my brother got one for his work and actually they are quite fun to use. It is like a digital magazine that can access the internet and you can even do low end word, data, and powerpoint/keynote operations on it. They are considering getting some for the Uni faculty i'm in to lower the cost of paper use on the faculty board meetings.

[hr]

Why is it when an Apple thread pops up there seems to be this undertone that all people who buy Apple products are mindless sheeple. It's rather insulting as an Apple user myself.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2010, 05:59   #14 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman
Why is it when an Apple thread pops up there seems to be this undertone that all people who buy Apple products are mindless sheeple. It's rather insulting as an Apple user myself.
I'm more interested in why every time Apple comes up it turns into an Apple v PC thing pretty quickly. I'm getting to the point where I feel like locking such discussions on sight. I'd say keep it on-topic but it's not like the thread had much of a point anyway. Keep it clean, guys. You just discussed Apple/PC a few days ago in another thread. Give it a rest.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2010, 06:00   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Interesting fact - the "theme" music of apple, heard when you turn on a mac pc/laptop, etc is known as the devil's interval (the tritone) and it was forbidden to be used in any music during the middle ages because of its relation to Satan.

Another interesting thing to watch - youtube search "irack" - very funny and alot of good points are raised too

On topic - buy a non-apple MP3. Mine survived a 3 story drop onto concrete...not even a crack in the screen!

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2010, 07:19   #16 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

On topic (because I don't wanna upset Seth :P) what kind of phone do you have?

I have an N97, and it outperforms the Ipad in just about everything except size (although I don't use it to its full capability).

I have internet, music, video, touchscreen and full keyboard and all the stuff I ever need, when I am out and about.

Its much easier if you get something like that, that consolidates everything into one gadget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2010, 08:13   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
On topic (because I don't wanna upset Seth :P) what kind of phone do you have?

I have an N97, and it outperforms the Ipad in just about everything except size (although I don't use it to its full capability).

I have internet, music, video, touchscreen and full keyboard and all the stuff I ever need, when I am out and about.

Its much easier if you get something like that, that consolidates everything into one gadget.
I agree on the all-in-one. The reason I got an iPhone 3GS over the N97 and the HTC Touch was I have a MacBook (BlackBook) at home, and it all integrated rather nicely (I dislike hassle with computers).

However it depends on how you use the iTouch (iPod Touch). If you primarily use it sitting down or being idle then the iPad is a potential choice for its Multimedia and Internet capabilities. If you want a mobile phone too and are mobile while using the iTouch go for an iPhone as it wraps it up all in one device. The one thing I see the iPad is better at the iPhone and the iTouch is internet use and watching videos/movies. The iPhone screen, although its got the pinch-n-zoom UI, is just too small.

It all comes down to how use used your iTouch and what you used it for. The iPad is easier to use for internet and movies than a clunky laptop and the tiny iPhone/iTouch. Plus it is really good for reading eBooks and Magazines/News. The BBC's iPad app is incredible, I'd rate it as the best news app out there. The UI is fantastic.

UI: User Interface

Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2010, 11:38   #18 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sorry to relate back to that tri-tone thing, but the apple start up and the tri-tone chord are different. Apple's is a c major for early models and later on a G flat that has been pitchshifted. The 'devil's chord' is an augmented fourth or a diminished fifth... completely different chords, they don't sound the same. :
But it's still an interesting read as I didn't know it was banned by the church, must have been popular in pagan music styles!

[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Old 18 Jun 2010, 13:57   #19 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Seth's so cute as a mod ;D

Anyway, I have used my iPod Video for some time now. Holds a shitload of music, and not that big, and it still works perfectly.

That being said, this Video isn't the new "I'm as thin as a piece of paper, look at me I'm so cool" kind of ipod. It was actually rather thick :
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2010, 14:46   #20 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't think iPods are terribly made, I just hate using iTunes on a pc (it's fine on my mac) as it is too invasive, and most of my music collection is on my pc.
Luck of the draw though isn't it, I'm sure many people have had the same creative player as me and had it crash and burn.