Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Flash
Old 06 Nov 2008, 05:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Flash

I've recently decided to take up Flash coding, and was wondering, any reccomendations for good tools/IDEs? Also, any handy online guide's you've seen?

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 08:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Flash

wait...we talking about THE flash here? so you mean you're ****ing about with action script? in which case, my recommendation would be don't. having said that, i last used it when it was still made by macromedia. so hopefully adobe is better, given macromedia's version was painful, clunky and bug-ridden

however, i would say pick up one of their text books. cough up the money, it's worth it. they're invaluable tools, and great for helping you figure out the shit you wanna do (to the extent that the script works like it should). and i've always found them to be far more useful than any of the online guides available. the one i found the best was called flash: hands-on training, or something similar

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
BloodiedFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2008, 09:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Flash

I'd recommend Swish Max 2. I've found it to be a very powerful program and very easy to use.
There's full instructions for a basic flash website and it has a 2 week trial with the full program.
Korill is offline   Reply With Quote