Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Seekers of Slaanesh
Old 27 May 2010, 20:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Seekers of Slaanesh

Just asking how good is this unit. It cost more than daemonettes by 3 points. But I get an extra attack and can assault 12" away. I need a unit to challenge poison homogaunts and units in cover. I may add it to my 2k army and may drop my tzeench Harold to add them.

Just want to hear how people use them and how well they work.

Edit: Used this unit and it did pretty well. I used 9 of them and they was able to wipe out harlequins but going at the same time managed to wipe out both units.

You can ds these guys further away from the fight and can get into the fight pretty quick. 6 attacks on the charge is a lot of attacks. I think this unit works well against high int multi-attack models.

Going to up the size and use them in more games. They did better than my bloodletters did against Eldar.
Old 01 Jun 2010, 03:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Seekers of Slaanesh

I normally use up to 30 Mounted Daemonettes in a game My goal is is to field 60 painted models on the table. I have the models (finally) but time constraints make it difficult to paint them correctly.
Old 01 Jun 2010, 04:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonette Embrace
I normally use up to 30 Mounted Daemonettes in a game My goal is is to field 60 painted models on the table. I have the models (finally) but time constraints make it difficult to paint them correctly.
So what do they do well against. I only used mine once so far. So far they seem to be be good against int 6 and toughness 3 and lower models.

Still debating with damonettes or bloodletters. Bloodletters seem to do well against marines while the seekers did well against eldar.

I like seekers due to dsing out of double tap range and can easly counter assault units.

So far my bloodletters have big red targets on them and the flamers as well. I doubt my seekers will get molested too much.
Old 01 Jun 2010, 08:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

As I see it, the bloodletters and seekers have different roles. Seekers are faster-moving and will do OK against light troops but will die quickly to any shooting or extended assault. Bloodletters are also somewhat fragile compared to marines, but they pack a serious punch in melee. High weapons skill, furious charge, and power weapons in basic troops is awesome (and I like the models too). Seekers are distractions and, essentially, defense. You could think of them as the football (US football, that is) offensive line: not scoring in and of themselves, but allowing others to do so. Use them to attack enemy units that will otherwise do unpleasant things to yours. Their job is not to kill things as much as it is to tie them up for a while. The bloodletters are the heavy hitters. Send them against high priority targets with otherwise difficult armor saves. The seekers or whatever else you use for fast attack provide enough of a headache for the bloodletters to get into melee. Seekers are also a better choice for a target that is dug in in some cover, because Slaanesh units have grenades.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 15:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Seekers and Bletters are 2 of the best units in the dex I believe, serisously, you answered your question in your own post. "For 3 more points I get an extra attack (Terminator Honors costed 10 points for the same effect) and double the charge range (not nearly enough of these unit anymore, they have a huge advantage of being outside of double tap range and being able to charge, as opposed to getting shot up)". As for Bloodletters, they have strait 5s on the charge, except for 3 attacks. And their power weapons! Terminators and MEqs can just be removed from the table without wasting the time to role.
Grr! Here is a new word to express my anger:

#$@&#\*%#@^@
Gaahrneedtokill

Life is a basket of crazed, flesh eating weasels.
>
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewiththeface
my friend had a teacher on a test after getting 49 question right, he got the 50th wrong and the teacher wrote "C-c-c-c-combo breaker-r-r-r" next to it.
Notanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2010, 06:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonette Embrace
So what do they do well against. I only used mine once so far. So far they seem to be be good against int 6 and toughness 3 and lower models.

Still debating with damonettes or bloodletters. Bloodletters seem to do well against marines while the seekers did well against eldar.

I like seekers due to dsing out of double tap range and can easly counter assault units.

So far my bloodletters have big red targets on them and the flamers as well. I doubt my seekers will get molested too much.
Mobility.... mobility.... mobility.... They move 6, fleet and then assault 12 inches. 5 attacks with the charge + Rending. They Also have Offensive and Defensive grenade capabilities (Their Aura of Acquiescence). They have a Initiative of 6, which means most likely they will be attacking first. They can be used to tie up the opposing side while getting in your critical units into play. They can destroy most vehicles, and wipe out monstrous creatures with little problem.

30 Mounted Daemonettes in 1500 point army can be somewhat intimating, because they are fast and can throw out a lot of dice that can rend. Death by a thousand cuts.

I run a very fast and very mobile army and it works for me.