Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1850 pt. Chaos Space Marine List (Chaos Undivided)
Old 10 Aug 2009, 05:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 1850 pt. Chaos Space Marine List (Chaos Undivided)

Hey folks,

I haven't posted here in quite some time, but I'm preparing an army list for a tournament in early October and I'd like your feedback on what I currently have planned. To give you some idea of what I'm thinking, I would like to build a "Chaos Undivided" army (one that would represent all four of the Chaos gods). That having been said, I would also like it to be fluffy, based on the concept of a somewhat inept/down-on-his-luck Chaos Sorcerer who is pulling together warbands that he thinks are the finest of cultist troops and units, but turn out not to be (they're all "wanna-bes"). Please note that this tournament is heavy on army composition. The judges do not like to see duplication, and they like to see uniqueness, and balance (one from every type in other words). Finally, I'd like to have fun with this army while being at least slightly competitive.

Enough talking for now, here's what I have. Let me know what you think.

HQ - Chaos Sorcerer w/ Terminator armor, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change, Warp time

Elite - 5x Chaos Terminators w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Power Fist, Chain Fist, Combi-melta, Combi-flamer, Reaper Autocannon

Elite - Chaos Dreadnought w/ Plasma Cannon, Hvy Flamer, Dreadnought CCW

Troop - 7x Chaos Space Marines + Aspiring Champion, Icon of Khorne, AC has Power Weapon, all mounted in Rhino w/Combi-flamer

Troop - 5x Chaos Space Marines + Aspiring Champion, Icon of Slaanesh, AC has Power Fist and Meltabombs, all mountedin Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher

Troop - 6x Chaos Space Marines w/ meltagun + Aspiring Champion, Icon of Nurgle, AC has Power Weapon

Troop - 9x Chaos Space Marines w/ plasma gun and Lascannon + Aspiring Champion, AC has Power Weapon

Hvy Support - Vindicator w/ extra armor

Hvy Support - Defiler w/ CCW in place of Reaper Autocannon

Fast Attack - 5x Raptors w/ flamer + Aspiring Champion w/ Power Weapon

HQ - 10.5%, Elite - 19.2%, Troops - 46.2%, Heavy - 15.2%, Fast Attack - 8.4%
4 scoring Troops units.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

-Starchilde