Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000pt Dragon Warriors
Old 08 Nov 2008, 03:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to kael8973
Default 2000pt Dragon Warriors

hey guys, im putting together a fluffy dragon warriors list and have to different lists that ive come up with so far. im trying to make it fluffy but also competative.

list #1

HQ

daemon prince- 160pts
wings
wind of chaos

Elites

6 Chosen- 178pts
5 flamers
champion
power weapon
combi-flamer
personal icon

Dreadnought- 115pts
Heavy bolter
Heavy flamer

Troops

10 chaos marines-220pts
2 flamers
champion
power weapon
mark of khorne
rhino-35pts

10 chaos marines-240pts
2 melta guns
champion
powerfist
mark of khorne
rhino-35pts

10 chaos marines- 165pts
flamer
heavy bolter

10 chaos marines- 180pts
plasma gun
missile launcher

6 lesser daemons-78pts

6 lesser daemons-78pts

Fast Attack

6 Raptors-210pts
2 melta guns
champion
lightning claws
icon of khorne

Heavy Support

Vindicator-150pts
daemonic possession
t-l bolter

Defiler-150pts
Extra CCW
reaper autocannon

1996pts

list #2

HQ

Daemon prince- 160pts
wings
wind of chaos

Elites

6 Chosen- 178pts
5 flamers
champion
combi-flamer
power weapon
personal icon
Rhino-35pts

Dreadnought- 115pts
Heavy bolter
Heavy flamer

Troops

8 Berzerkers-203pts
skull champion
power weapon
personal icon
rhino-35pts

8 Berzerkers-213pts
skull champion
powerfist
personal icon
rhino-35pts

10 chaos marines- 170pts
2 flamers
Icon of Chaos glory

10 chaos marines- 180pts
2 melta guns
icon of Chaos glory

6 lesser daemons-78pts

6 lesser daemons-78pts

Fast Attack

6 Raptors-210pts
2 melta guns
champion
lightning claws
icon of khorne

Heavy Support

Vindicator-150pts
daemonic possession
t-l bolter

Defiler-150pts
Extra CCW
reaper autocannon

1990pts

for list 1 i went with more fluff then effectiveness. lots of marines with flamers and melta guns and also 2 squads with heavy weapons for camping on objectives.

in list 2 i tried to make the list more effective by dropping the heavy weapon squads for berzerkers in rhinos. i turned the 2 chaos marine units into objective campers instead but kept the heat weapons for fluff. i also threw in a rhino for the chosen so they can get as close as possible to use their flamers. i kept wind of chaos on the daemon prince for fluff reasons really.

i have 10 points left in list 2 (but my calculations may be off). and didnt really know wat to do with them. i was thinking mabe upgrading the dread to a plasma cannon, and im also considering dropping the combi-flamer of the chosen champion since i just kind of threw it in

please C&C
any advice will be greatly appreciated

-Autarch Kaelmor
Old 08 Nov 2008, 22:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher
Default Re: 2000pt Dragon Warriors

I think you should have the heavy flamer on the defiler and not the reaper autocannon. Demon prince seems good in this case. There is a problem with the chosen. You cannot have 5 flamers and a power weapon. I am not so sure about the heavy weapon marines in the first list really. A multimelta on your dread would also be fluffy. Raptors look good. Other than that this is a pretty good list.
Old 08 Nov 2008, 23:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Wu
There is a problem with the chosen. You cannot have 5 flamers and a power weapon. I am not so sure about the heavy weapon marines in the first list really. A multimelta on your dread would also be fluffy.
They cant? hmm i must have mis-read my codex. :-\
in that case ill just drop the power weapon in place of the 5th flamer. they loose some close combat abiltiy but oh well. And your right, a Multi-melta would be very fluffy. i think ill go with that instead of the heavy bolter

thx for your input Doctur Wu ;D
Old 09 Nov 2008, 00:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Chosen can have a total of 5 wpns whether its combi, power wpn, flamers or anything else they are entitled to (You have 7). On top of that they cannot have a personal icon. You will have to give them an Icon of Glory, Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh or Tzneetch if you want to give them some type of icon.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2008, 09:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

those raptors look ready to kill,just give the champ melta-bombs and your off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's like being totally wasted on drugs, only with no side effects.
eg being arrested for licking a police officer's face trying to find out if they really do taste like snozberrys
It's true!
By reading this fine print your soul is now exclusive property of Chaos Master and subsidaries, All Rights reserved >.
http://www.pkbc.net/
chaos_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2008, 15:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena031
Chosen can have a total of 5 wpns whether its combi, power wpn, flamers or anything else they are entitled to (You have 7). On top of that they cannot have a personal icon. You will have to give them an Icon of Glory, Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh or Tzneetch if you want to give them some type of icon.
ohh ok, i see now. i need to learn to read my codex more carefully. After some tweaking ive come up with a new list. i decided to go with list 2 with a few upgrades and changes

HQ

Daemon prince- 160pts
wings
wind of chaos

Elites

6 Chosen- 188pts
4 flamers
champion
power weapon
Icon of Khorne
Rhino-35pts

Dreadnought- 125pts
Multi-Melta
Heavy flamer

Troops

8 Berzerkers-203pts
skull champion
power weapon
personal icon
rhino-35pts

8 Berzerkers-213pts
skull champion
powerfist
personal icon
rhino-35pts

10 chaos marines- 160pts
2 flamers

10 chaos marines- 170pts
2 melta guns

6 lesser daemons-78pts

6 lesser daemons-78pts

Fast Attack

6 Raptors-215pts
2 melta guns
champion
lightning claws
icon of khorne
Melta bombs

Heavy Support

Vindicator-155pts
daemonic possession
Combi-melta

Defiler-150pts
Extra CCW
reaper autocannon

2000pts

I upgraded the chosen to an icon of khorne so they can assault and kill whatever survives their flamers in the shooting phase. I dropped the glory icons off the marine squads to keep them cheap and save points, although i might re-arrange things to give them back their icons and drop the personal icons off the berzerkers instead.

i gave the raptors melta bombs for more tank busting ability, and threw a combi-melta on the vindicator just because i had the points left
Old 09 Nov 2008, 17:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok from what I can see you plan on sending up the Berzerkers in their rhinos with a DP along for the ride. The chosen can back things up or tidy up the flanks along with the Lesser Daemons. Obviously the Vindicator will be in on the Rhino rush and help provide some nasty anti-MEQ/TEQ fire support. This forces the Dreadnaught to run up the flank by himself and 24" away from these vehicles unless your willing to risk poping your own vehicles. The Raptors are providing your much need anti tank. My question to you is what are the CSM marines objective/purpose. The flamers and melta say they are walking forward as a second wave attack but that leaves you lacking on secureing objectives inside/around your deployment zone. With that said I think both of these squads need to be geared towards a firebase. By doing so they will not just be sitting back idle wiating for the enemy to come to them. Weather its a lascannon, heavy bolter or plasma guns they will be able to assist in some way or antoher. Combine them with the Defiler and you have a hell of nice fire support. Just keep in mind that if the Defiler fires its battle cannon it will not be able to fire its Reaper Autocannon. This means that the Reaper Autocannon is just a back up weapon or is something it will fire before assualting a unit that is right in front it. Personally I would give two extra DCCW arms making it a beast in CC and somethign to truely fear.

Overall I feel that your list success could be centered on when and where your Chosen and Raptors arrive. Especially the raptors since the are your main means to anit tank. Yes it is nice that you attack the rear armour on vehicles but if they move enough your looking at hitting it on 4's or even 6's. This means its going to be hard to simple hit them let own pop them. The Dreadnaught can lend a hand in terms of anti tank but is reliablity makes it a liablity. So with that in mind I would look at giving the two CSM squads either lascannons.

Do you have a colour scheme picked out yet and are you going to be theming this army up and are you actually plainning on building this army?
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2008, 21:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

The icons in this case are a tough call. The chaos glory will help you sit on objectives while the personal icons are needed by the rhino squads to deliver daemons. Also the color scheme in the codex on page 20. It is red and black. This is a call that is very situational. It really depends on who ends up getting targeted and who has the icons.
Old 12 Nov 2008, 01:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Wu
The icons in this case are a tough call. The chaos glory will help you sit on objectives while the personal icons are needed by the rhino squads to deliver daemons. Also the color scheme in the codex on page 20. It is red and black. This is a call that is very situational. It really depends on who ends up getting targeted and who has the icons.
after alot of thinking and some play testing ive decided to make a few changes. the most notable of which is the exchange of the raptors for terminators.

HQ

Daemon prince- 160pts
wings
wind of chaos

Elites

8 Chosen- 179pts
5 flamers
IoCG
Rhino-35pts

Dreadnought- 125pts
Multi-Melta
Heavy flamer

5 Terminators- 220pts
4 combi-melta
reaper autocannon
powerfist
chainfist

Troops

8 Berzerkers-203pts
skull champion
power weapon
personal icon
rhino-35pts

8 Berzerkers-213pts
skull champion
powerfist
personal icon
rhino-35pts

10 chaos marines- 165pts
flamer
Heavy bolter

10 chaos marines- 180pts
missile launcher
Plasma gun

6 lesser daemons-78pts

6 lesser daemons-78pts

Heavy Support

Vindicator-145pts
daemonic possession

Defiler-150pts
Extra CCW
reaper autocannon

2001pts

i read up some more on the salamanders chapter and saw that they made large use of terminators. so i swapped out the raptors for some terminators and gave them combi-meltas so they can drop in and pop a few tanks. other than that theres just some minor changes throughout

so what do you guys think? is this list ready for the table?