Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Online Campaigns?
Old 18 Apr 2010, 17:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Online Campaigns?

I was just now thinking about the old online campaigns GW did, Eye of terror and Medusa V etc. Last 40k one I remember was M5 and I think that after that they did a Warhammer and a LOTR one. While thinking about it I kinda realised I haven't seen a 40k one in 4 years. So I was wondering, do they even do them any more or have they given up due to the logistical effort required and right now they are concentrating on codex updates?

Just struck me and I thought I might enquire around the forums.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2010, 08:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnightCuron Send a message via MSN to DarkKnightCuron
Default Re: Online Campaigns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonga Khan
I was just now thinking about the old online campaigns GW did, Eye of terror and Medusa V etc. Last 40k one I remember was M5 and I think that after that they did a Warhammer and a LOTR one. While thinking about it I kinda realised I haven't seen a 40k one in 4 years. So I was wondering, do they even do them any more or have they given up due to the logistical effort required and right now they are concentrating on codex updates?

Just struck me and I thought I might enquire around the forums.
For the most part, I think GW is currently focusing on getting things released and updated. With the release of Cities of Death, Planetstrike, and Battle Missions, it looks like their focus is on small, local 'campaigns', rather than on huge ones. There's been a big outcry for updated codexes, and once they get through all of the armies they plan on updating, they will likely release 6th Edition OR test the waters again with a huge campaign...which seems unlikely, honestly.

I've been considering running a sort of online campaign as well, but I really have no idea how to go about it or orgnaize one.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 12:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Online Campaigns?

I`m afraid that starting a topic to ask a question is against the rules of the News and Rumours board. That said, it`s still a valid question that could do with an answer so I`ve moved it to somewhere a little more appropriate.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote