Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Online Campaign (Looking for Testers)
Old 12 Nov 2009, 00:51   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Tau Online Campaign (Looking for Testers)

I'm looking for some early testers for the TO campaign to test and feedback thoughts etc.

Just bear in mind that it's still early days as far as the campaign goes and the only things that have been done are the registration areas and the core Campaign map. There isn't any fancy visual stuff on it and is fairly bland so the testing will be mainly looking for bugs in the fundamental campaign "system."
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2009, 01:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Tau Online Campaign (Looking for Testers)

Sign me up!

Darth_Riah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 23:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm ready for it, I'm ready for anything!

so yeah, I'll give it a go if you want!
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2009, 23:49   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Everybody is a critic. But I do my thinking out loud :P Lemme see what have you done with the system so I can complain and complain and complain and complain some more.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 00:01   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Since there seems a be a fair amount of intersted, I'll post it up here:

http://tauonline.org/campaign/

If you guys register your armies and post up any problems you encounter.

As I said before it is a pretty bland (just really a few forms at moment) and every "turn" takes place every minute (in the real campaign, that'll be expanded to every 12 hours to give everyone chance to issue orders etc).

When you've registered you should see your armies on a yellow map with several red circle icons around it. Those icons are movement markers and by clicking on them, you can issue orders.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 00:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Whenever I click on the red dot the only thing that happens is theres an alert saying, "Army will move next turn"

Is that the order?

And theres some form of error when I click to view veteran army 4, the others a fine, but when i click that it says:

"You either have no armies, or you cannot view this!"

lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 04:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I hope there is a reset button... cause I now have combined three armies, and have no idea how to separate them.

Oh, and where are my enemies?

Edit: Found some space marines, had three armies. 1 5250, and 2 1750 of imperial guardsmen. I attacked in one turn against 1 space marine army with all three armies, and either lost, or glitched. I'm assuming that I couldn't have lost, cause even though imps suck at attack, I could see four other armies, and thus reasoned that it was 2000 points right?

oh, and got this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tauwar/public_html/campaign/index.php on line 74

Old 15 Nov 2009, 16:56   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejivar Konj
Whenever I click on the red dot the only thing that happens is theres an alert saying, "Army will move next turn"

Is that the order?
It is, yeah .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejivar Konj
And theres some form of error when I click to view veteran army 4, the others a fine, but when i click that it says:

"You either have no armies, or you cannot view this!"
Did you merge two armies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Riah
I hope there is a reset button... cause I now have combined three armies, and have no idea how to separate them.
That will be added in time

Quote:
Oh, and where are my enemies?
They are about :shifty: If your Imperial/good, your enemies will be toward the bottom of the map and if your the "baddies", your enemies will be toward the top of the map (that isn't to say you can't attack other races .

Quote:
Edit: Found some space marines, had three armies. 1 5250, and 2 1750 of imperial guardsmen. I attacked in one turn against 1 space marine army with all three armies, and either lost, or glitched. I'm assuming that I couldn't have lost, cause even though imps suck at attack, I could see four other armies, and thus reasoned that it was 2000 points right?
Each player begins with 10,000 points of troops (before perks which get deducted) which are split into five armies, so if you buy a perk that costs 250, each of the five armies will be 1750 points each and thus giving you a total of 8750 points of "better" troops.

Quote:
oh, and got this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tauwar/public_html/campaign/index.php on line 74
That would be because you effectively got wiped out.

I've reset everyone now and I also noticed a bug myself (which may have been because of the hyper-accelerated pace :P), but the Tyranids were literally spawning too rapidly for my liking so I put in a limit on that
Old 15 Nov 2009, 23:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Effectively got wiped out?

Sorry, lets get this clear, I attacked 1 space marine army in 1 turn with three different armies, mechanized imperial guard. One of the armies was 5250 points, the rest were 1750 points.

8750 points against 1 Army?
Attack 3 for me, against defense 2 for them?

I could see 4 other armies, so I assume it was only 2000 points, in which case, I should not have lost. I should have absolutely decimated them...

How did I lose? Unless there is some rule against defeating space marines or the like.

Oh, and your tyranids are still spawning at 5 armies a turn, roughly...

Old 16 Nov 2009, 00:02   #10 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

1) I don't seem to have much control over which unit goes where; maybe right click them then you see some options like moving up, down, left and right. Maybe have a confirmation message when you "combine" or "splitting" units.
2) Would like to name them e.g. 77:39th Nebezzian “Bloodhammers” Janissaries: 1st Company. It gives a more personal feel to your army.
3) And why do I have 9 army icons and can only move 1?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote