Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Thousand Sons
Old 10 May 2010, 23:43   #21 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Re: Thousand Sons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
Overall, I am really quite disappointed in this book. Maybe the last third will save it, but I doubt it.
Shut up and read :P

The last third truly did make the book. It was a ton of information and depressing falls that just made it all worth it. I agree that the first 2/3rds were pretty.... boring, and not very well done, and I also agree that the wolves were poorly portrayed, but.... the wolves being portrayed that way are the point. It's a different perspective. You will get the other side of that next year.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2010, 01:04   #22 (permalink)
Shas'La

The impression I always got from reading the fluff about the 1000 sons and their issues with the wolves even before the book was released was that the wolves were superstitious highly prejudiced and hypocritical. The book is only serving to reinforce the opinion I formed from the fluff. the book isn't the best I've read but given that I am really interested in the subject matter I am enjoying it. From the murmurs I've heard online the space wolves version is going to paint a picture that the wolves believe what they are carrying out is a form of mercy killing they have to protect the sons from themselves and by destroying them they are sparing them from a faith worse than death.
Old 26 May 2010, 13:55   #23 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

Didn't see much need to make a new topic for this & wouldn't really know where to put it anyhow. But could someone please tell me the difference between the Sekhmet & the Scarab Occult? Both seem to be veteran groups, & both appear to include (if not be made up from) Terminators.
Old 26 May 2010, 19:21   #24 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj
Quote:
Overall, I am really quite disappointed in this book. Maybe the last third will save it, but I doubt it.
Shut up and read :P
I'm kind of curious if Wargy finished it, and if it saved the book for him as it did for me. I honestly think the last third was great enough to cover the rest of the book.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 14:58   #25 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Grim
Didn't see much need to make a new topic for this & wouldn't really know where to put it anyhow. But could someone please tell me the difference between the Sekhmet & the Scarab Occult? Both seem to be veteran groups, & both appear to include (if not be made up from) Terminators.
I believe that the 1st Company is called the Scarab Occult (veterans), and the Sekhmet is Magnus' honor guard taken from the Scarab Occult.
Old 27 May 2010, 15:19   #26 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

Ah right, thanks.
Old 27 May 2010, 20:33   #27 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

There are... yeah, it was a good book. Not great though. Too much of the book could have been resolved by the Emperor not being an arrogant twat and actually talking to people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2010, 15:13   #28 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
There are... yeah, it was a good book. Not great though. Too much of the book could have been resolved by the Emperor not being an arrogant twat and actually talking to people!
indeed, that was the same thing with Horus though, if he had just told him what he was doing then perhaps there wouldn't have been as much distrust.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote