Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Dark King and The Lightning Tower
Old 14 Nov 2008, 04:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default The Dark King and The Lightning Tower

Well.... I'm being driven insane by Black Library. I like most of the Horus Heresy books, and the Audiobook sounds awesome. They released it for a gamesday, then they released it to the public on the 29th of October. They promptly ran out on the 30th.

Why can't they release it in mp3 format?

I want to know if any of you have heard it or own it?

If so... is it worth searching for online?
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2008, 15:24   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer
Default Re: The Dark King and The Lightning Tower

Yeah, I've heard both of them.

The Dark King is about Konrad Curze, his turn towards the darkness of Chaos, his escape from Imperial captivity after a particularly gruesome slaughter of innocent humans (and subsequent fight with Rogal Dorn), and the prompt destruction of his former homeworld, Nostramo.

The Lightning Tower is about Rogal Dorn and Malcador the Sigilite, the fortressing of the Imperial Palace, and the general philosophy of brother vs. brother in-fighting. It has an underlying theme of Rogal Dorn searching within himself to find out why he is so perturbed by what is happening; his inherent and only fear of his brother, Konrad Curze, and the Night Lords.

Both are fairly short (~30m a piece, I believe) and are worth searching for if you enjoy audiobooks or happen to be the biggest fan ever of the Horus Heresy storyline, but are not by any means essential components of Heresy fluff.

Hope this helps.

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2008, 15:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yup, I bought my copy from my local GW store not too long a go since BL ran out of them at Gamesday. Although BL are doing extracts at the moment here & here. So you could listen to the extracts before you buy. The first one is an extract of The Dark King, and the second one is Lightning Tower.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2008, 18:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

I loved the extracts and my brother gave me his limited booklet with the 2 stories, but I think I'll keep searching for the audiobook.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote