Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Horus Heresy Question
Old 19 Oct 2008, 06:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to rtjones
Default Horus Heresy Question

Hey guys I was interested in purchasing some BL books and I was wandering if you guys could answer some questions for me? First of all I was wondering gif when reading the Horus Heresy series do you have to Read all of the previous books to understand them or can you just pull one of the shelf at random and read it? secondly Do you guys know if there are any book especially Horus heresy ones that include/ mention the salamanders chapter/legion?

Thank everybody

-RT
rtjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2008, 06:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Horus Heresy Question

To date the Salamanders have not featured heavily in the Horus Heresy books. There's asome books that can be read stand alone (Descent of angels, Legion) but overall the whole series is MUCH MORE satisfying read together. Also Descent of Angels sucked donkeys. Sucked 'em HAAARD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2008, 12:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
To date the Salamanders have not featured heavily in the Horus Heresy books. There's asome books that can be read stand alone (Descent of angels, Legion) but overall the whole series is MUCH MORE satisfying read alone. Also Descent of Angels sucked donkeys. Sucked 'em HAAARD.
Surely you mean read as a series Fally? ;P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2008, 13:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

The Salamanders get a few mentions in Fulgrim, but despite seeing their Primarch & most of the legion, they don't have a very big say, as there are also 6 other legions present, 10 other legions later on.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 13:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker-Venom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
To date the Salamanders have not featured heavily in the Horus Heresy books. There's asome books that can be read stand alone (Descent of angels, Legion) but overall the whole series is MUCH MORE satisfying read alone. Also Descent of Angels sucked donkeys. Sucked 'em HAAARD.
Smarmy git.

I fixed it.
Surely you mean read as a series Fally? ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2008, 20:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I read them in order. I really enjoyed the flight of the eistenstien (or however its spelt) and fulgrim was not bad either.

However the best space marine book i have read so far is Brothers of the Snake featuring the Iron Snakes Chapter. So much action it really is good, Oh and the Ultra marines trilogy featuring Uriel Ventras and Pasanaius is very very good too. Pasanaius is by far my favorite space marine char even if he is a an Ultra Marine.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2008, 00:06   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to rtjones

thanks allot for all the great answers guys. I have heard recently that Black library may sometime be coming out with a novel entitle Salamanders. Does any one know anything about this novel and is it salamanders as in the chapter.
rtjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2008, 01:21   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Its most likely about the salamadner marines but usually it mentions something like Horus Heresy: Salamanders and usually has a more creative name than just the name of the marine legion. The 2 newest Horus heresy books are Mechanicum which is about the Adeptus Mechaniucs during the horus heresy (read the free sample, sounds amazing). And Tales of Heresy which is about the World Eaters Legion during the Horus Heresy.
Old 20 Nov 2008, 16:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A very brief mention in Mechanicum (unless they come in force in the last few chapters, not got there yet). Otherwise Fulgrim is the one where they feature most. Like the man said, it ain't much...

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2008, 21:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Actually author Nick Kyme is finishing up a full novel on the Salamanders Chapter.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote