Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sequel to Rogue Star coming soon
Old 27 Apr 2007, 18:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Sequel to Rogue Star coming soon

I thought this should be general rather than Black Library, because this is a Tau oriented board and Rogue Star was one of the better Tau-including BL stories.

Star of Damocles, the sequel to Rogue Star, will be going to the printers soon. We are going to get another novel with the Tau in it. The last one ended right before the Damocles crusade, so it seems to me this could be an actual novelization of the Damocles crusade. How cool would that be?
Old 27 Apr 2007, 18:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113
Default Re: Sequel to Rogue Star coming soon

Interesting, the more we have on the Tau the better, the Tau have nowhere near the amount of fluff that many of the other armies do. More information on the Damocles Crusade would also be most welcome, especially just after the Crusade when Farsight found the Dawn Blade.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2007, 19:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I liked some stuff in Rogue Star, mainly the general stuff, but I think the Space battles were quite far from what BFG does. In any case, it was interesting reading, and gave some insight to Tau tech.
LordDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 19:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I loved Rogue Star, the best bits were the space battles in my opinion

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2007, 03:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Xisor

Space Battles were well written, but felt (to me) to be very wrong in...well...feel. Too 'fast'. Too swift, perhaps? Didn't feel like my beloved BFG at all...

But it was still well written, and still a very enjoyable read (I told Andy this much over on the BL forums himself!) as far as the space battles go.

As for the rest of the novel?

Well, actually one of the far better books I've read by BL. It shows that Andy is a first time author (the story's pacing was slightly off and felt a wee bit disjoint at points, but nothing that more writing won't iron out). It wasn't up to the sheer pleasure of Matt Farrer's Crossfire (which was deliciously written), but aside from that: it's still a damned good, damned fun read.

I was pretty confident the bulk of the story who the antagonists would be, but even then it had enough bits in it to keep me thinking "Is that what it appears, would they do that, maybe that's not what I think it means...?!"

A damned good read, and a shame it wasn't longer! Which makes me particularly happy to see Star of Damocles sitting just around the corner! (figuratively speaking, of course!)

So, yes: I, for one, am looking forward to this!
Old 20 Jun 2007, 04:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Just a heads up, but the cover art and an excerpt are up on the Black Library website. Looks as though we won't be disappointed.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2007, 10:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Star of Damocles was a very good read.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote