Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ultramarines Omnibus
Closed Thread
Old 30 Jun 2006, 13:44   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Ultramarines Omnibus

I picked this up last week after i read the book "Dead Sky Black Sun"( which was awesome > ) anyways i just finished nightbringer ( i felt the beggiining dragged :-\ ), but i hope Warriors of Ultramar to be much better! Anyone read warriors of ultramar?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 16:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default Re: Ultramarines Omnibus

Hey mate,

Same here, I got it a week ago, and I just finished it. Nightbringer did leave me a bit disappointed. But Warriors of Ultramar was a classic. Good Fight scene's, deep pilot, everything one Ultramarine needs Dead Sky, Black Sun was okay. Not enough battles for me, and the pilot seemed to drag on forever until you got to the good parts.

Hope that helps,

Shovah

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 10 Jul 2006, 21:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22

I'm reading the 'smurf' omnibus. Awsome book, lol, I'm halfway through warriors of Ultramar right now, when the nids are first laying seige to the city and slip on the ice.
Only then your life I will save
Old 11 Jul 2006, 15:14   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yes, i finished readnig it.

Nightbringer was ok, i thought it dragged in the beggining but got better later on.
Warrior of Ultramar was cool, lots of battles and action!
But Dead Sky Black Sun is still my favorite, i like it because it the enemies are characters too, their not mindless xenos or foul eldar.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 18:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

just finished reading nightbringer a few weeks ago and am over 1/2 way through WOU. is the omnibus exatly the same as the seperate books just put together
Old 16 Aug 2006, 23:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I haven't read this book, but one of my friends got it for another for his birthday. I've always wanted to learn more about ultramarines and this book has, what looks like, a lot of nice fluff on the chapter. I don't really want to buy it for myself, so I'm hopin' I can borrow it from my friend.
Lord_Veqq has joined TauOnline.
Guest6363: SEMENATION COMPLETE
Lord_Veqq has left TauOnline.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 00:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

just finished the omnibus a month ago. I agree Dead sky, Black sun kind of dragged but I liked the first two novels. I thought the short story in the beginning rocked the hardest out of all the pieces in the book.

"Life liberty and the pursuit of cheese"- Me

All the tau have to worrie about is going off course, not having their souls eaten and their bodies being worn as a tuxedo to a slaughter-party

"And we shall know fear!"-honored battle cry of the SMs also known as Sissy Marines. The chapter was later declared Worthless Extrimis after crying when shot at by Orks in the chapters first engagment. In the AER (After Execution Review) Inquistor Exter said "It was just breaking my heart to see those grown marines cry."

Tau Wins: 2 Draws:0 Losses: 0
SMs Wins: 64 Draw
Closed Thread