Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dawn of war, surprised at the ending. ( Warning revealed ending)
Old 10 Dec 2005, 05:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Dawn of war, surprised at the ending. ( Warning revealed ending)

that book got me at the ending, Toth, The inquisitioner! He was the deamon!? Or the deamon's form? It was really something that shocked me. Did any of your guys expect that kind of ending?

Sidenote: Why did they have to kill Isador!!, also the moral to this stroy is, sometimes listen to the eldar chick that floats around and speak in riddles.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Oniyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2005, 07:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rodent
Default Re: Dawn of war, surprised at the ending. ( Warning revealed ending)

They killed Isador because he was a heretic. And the Maledictum wasnt in Inquisitor Toths shape: it was in the stone and isnt causing chaos yet.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 16:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

From reading the book I thought it was Toth got controlled by chaos? At least thats want the book said....

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Shovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2006, 13:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

That's hard to say I mean Toth did give Gabreil the demonhammer " God slayer" Which did free the demon : I thought that Toth was a form of the demon you know trying to get someone to realease him. Or Toth may have been a devoted worshipper.
"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 09 Jan 2006, 00:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

huh... I read the books and I always thought that the Inquizitor ran off just leaving the SMurfs to fend for themselves with the hammer (that's how it is in the game)
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rodent

I was going by the game, but I havent played it for a while. Are the book and game different or something? I would say Toth went off to help the civilians, and came back once chaos was revealed to be there.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 17:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well if I remember correctly, at the end of the book, Dawn of war, Inquisitor Toth, was yelling to Gabriel to destroy the Maledictum, while the Farseer Macha was telling him not too. It was one of those huge climax situations, so Gabriel destroyed the Stone and released the daemon. Now what was odd about it was that only the Daemon hammer "God slayer" Could break the Maledictum, and the inquisitor gave the daemon hammer to Gabriel. And also he kept convincing Gabriel to destroy it, yelling things similar to, "It's the root of all chaos on this damned world destroy it!". And the twist was at the end the daemon was speaking to Gabriel on board there capital ship as they departed from Tartarus and the daemon told Gabriel thank you for releasing him from that prison and how easy it is to control the blindness of righteous or something similar to that. I had to paraphrase a tad bit, I don't remember the book word for word. Oh I can't wait till I get my hands on Ascension, I read some of it already, it was awesome! This is why I thought Toth was the daemon or some kind of worshipper, because he used Gabriel to release the Daemon. Also remember that they both had major conflict throughout the story, Gabriel hated the inquisitor. But what was weird was after the death of Isador, whom was controlled by Chaos, Gabriel seemed to "accept" Toth. Possibly because his closest friend had been killed, by his own hands (That is questionable though, do space marines feel emotion?) I say that Toth was a servant of the Daemon or the daemon himself and took control of Isador, so that Gabriel would kill him and afterwords, Toth would sympathize with Gabriel and to me gently guide him to releasing the Daemon.

This is of coruse my almost paranoid theory ;D
Old 16 Feb 2006, 20:46   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

IMO toth wasn't controlled by chaos, he just another ignorant inquisitor. The first thing most inquisitors shout about something that is chaos 'destroy, destroy, destroy!!!', inquisitors are ignorant and have no clue about the past of the universe. Toth was just shouting what was almost instinct to him, the eldar were shouting 'do not destroy it' because they made the maledictum in the first place. And for a space marine it ain't a hard choice who to listen too..... :P

Greetz,
Iskandor

Ow.....this was a long dead topic...srry about that...unaware necromancy :P

"With all those big and shiny guns, it sure impresses ya when you're fighting them, but in the end it's the Imperium who is victorious"-Colonel Iskandor Craitz about the Tau

"This Craitz figure is a intresting human, he is loyal to his fractioning Imperium, but still he has honour that other humans lack. It will be a shame killing him"- Shas'O M'Yen Mesme

Armies:
Imperial Guard mech force: 1500 pts (work in progress)
Imperial Guard Infantry: 1000 pts
Tau: 1500 pts
Necrons: 2000 Pts
Iskandor is offline   Reply With Quote