Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Guard vs. Orkz (1000pts) in "Viva La Resitance!"- BatRep UP!
View Poll Results: Who's going to pull this one out?
IG! Praetorian pride and Vostroyan ingenuity! 10 40.00%
Orks. Runty Hummies go squish. 11 44.00%
A tie! Very squishy, but not definitive. 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Jun 2010, 21:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Imperial Guard vs. Orkz (1000pts) in "Viva La Resitance!"- BatRep UP!

Imperial Guard vs. Orkz (1000pts) in "Viva La Resitance!"

Hi All,
I decided, for better or worse, to try the Imperial Guard.
As I have NO guard vehicles, I decided to try foot guard, and see what it was like.
I managed to put together a 1000 point list, and was lucky enough to find an Ork player would be up to tolerate my wild proxy shenanigans.
All I can say is that it was a good and wild game.
I'll post the fluff now, and the rep up. Hopefully today, but most probably tomorrow.
Enjoy!

Best,
-BT

P.S. C&C is greatly appreciated. Oh, and if you like, please vote!

1st Auric Resistance (1000pts): 117 Infantry; 6-14 KPs
Commander Vasily Romanov w/Master of Ordinance, Carapace Armor, Medic, Lascannon
Lord Commissar (shudder) Katya Vaskov w/Carapace Armor
Alpha Company
-Lt. Duncan Windsor-Smith w/Flamersx4
-Infantry Platoon w/Autocannon and Grenade Launcher
-Infantry Platoon w/Meltagun
Bravo Company
-Lt. Temperance Windsor-Smith w/Flamersx4

Orkz Patrol (1000pts): 72 Infantry, 1 Vehicle; 6 KPs
Warboss Skabgutz w/ PK, Warbike
Big Mek Nonutz w/Heavy Armor, KFF
Nobzx10 w/ Painboy, HA, BC, PK, Kombi-Rokkit, Kombi-Skorcha, WAARGH! Banner, Bosspole, TL Shoota in a Trukk w/Stikkbombs (all to make CWA; counts as Troop)
Sluggasx30 w/PK Nob
Sluggasx30 w/PK Nob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vasily Romanov, Commander of the Auric "Resistance," paced in his room, speaking into a recorder.

"Commander's Log continued:

Half the time I don't know why I'm keeping this. Hopefully it won't cause me to be executed, but if I don't write anything I think I'm going to go crazy. It's been months since my escape from the Orks. I don't know what happened to Lori, the girl I rescued from the Orks, but I've had other things to worry about. A lot of things.
Somehow, the Orks managed to create some kind of device that let them bring an entire planet into the Warp.
When they did that, the entire planet went into conundrums. Daemons and other craziness started to blitz the planet and tear it asunder.

I think the Orks thought it was funny.

Luckily, I managed to find a group of Guardsmen who had lost their commander, and a good deal of their troops, but managed to keep a protected bunker.

We've been in this bunker for months now. I've taken over as Commander, and unfortunately, we're running out of options. We've been avoiding the Orks by keeping underground, but we're getting low on supplies.

We're eating boots. Literally.

Last month, we had a close scare morale-wise, as a number of men started to think that it might be wise that I shouldn't be in charge. I wouldn't normally disagree with that sentiment, but they wanted to try and bargain with the Orks. Which would have worked as well as dangling a bunch of meat out for starving Grox and convincing them just to take a nibble.

Although, the Emperor had the... the... fortune of sending me Commissar... Lord Commissar Katya Vaskov.

<pause>

Sorry yes, she's umm... keeping everyone in line. But unless we get something to eat soon, we're going to have to start eating each other. Fuel's ran out weeks ago, tanks are more like ornaments than anything else.
There is talk of an Ork supply depot... We could make a stab at it although I'm not sure that..."

"Not sure of something more important than dinner?"

The cheery, familiar voice made Vasily turn. He sighed when he saw the smiling face of one of his Lieutenants. Vasily winced on the inside. It wasn't that Lt. Temperance Windsor-Smith was horrible. Far from it, she was young, perky, and optimistic. However, she had an older brother that could crush walnuts with his teeth.
Vasily had never met a Praetorian before, but if anything, she and her brother were prime examples of stoic officer material. That was until the younger Windsor-Smith had decided to take care of Vasily, in which she suddenly seemed to exude estrogen-filled maternalism from every pore.
And for some reason, she had taken upon herself to be the camp cook.
In particular, she enjoyed showing her fine culinary wares to her Commander. Which sadly enough, was him.

Temperance was carrying the same slowly tarnishing silver tray that she had brought to his room for the past three months. Although she had done the same thing day in and day out, she still had the same abounding enthusiasm. A fact, Vasily had to admit, that was equal parts endearing and cumbersome.

Temperance opened the tray and revealed some kind of brown cubes in a watery soup.

Vasily poked at it with his fork.
"It's uh... interesting Temperance, it is..."

She nodded, "Yes sir!" with a tousle of her ponytailed auburn hair. "It's still shoes, but this one I boiled especially for you, sir."

Temperance waited expectantly with a twinkle in her eye.

Vasily stirred the cubes. Goodness, he thought, one even still had piece of a bootlace in it.
He glanced up and realized that she wasn't leaving anytime soon.
Carefully picking up a cube, he placed it into his mouth and tasted an all too familiar leathery sensation.

"Do you like it, sir?"

"It's a... great, Lieutenant. It's great."

"That's wonderful to hear sir. You know what they, say, it's good for the sole. Mawa Mahaha."

Emperor's bones, Vasily thought. Even her laugh is Praetorian.

"Sir, begging your pardon, but is it what you said is true?"

Vasily paused. "You were... listening to that?"

"Only for a short time sir. Tried not to listen sir, but it's hard sometimes sir. Bad habit I suppose. Are we going to go outside?"

Vasily sighed. Now that Temperance knew it, it would be a matter of moments before the whole camp knew it.
"Uh, yes. Better make ready Lieutenant. Tell the Lord Commissar and your brother as well. I only hope this isn't a mistake."

Mission: Seize Ground (3 objectives)
Setup: Spearhead
Terrain: Desert

Pre-Game Thoughts: Well, this is my first real go with IG, and I figured, why not try a foot guard list? I heard it was hard but quite rewarding, and well, it was also because I bought a box of Praetorians and I really liked their look. (Great Empire nostalgia and all) I only hope it won't be too desperate of a battle.
Also, just to try the list before making a MASSIVE investment, they're ummm... proxied up.

To Be continued!
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 01:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Imperial Guard vs. Orkz (1000pts) in "Viva La Resitance!"

Am looking forward to this. Really am. I like the look of your IG list, although I'm wondering about the carapace on your command squad. To be honest, I would take it off, and hide the squad behind another couple of squads, and use the points elsewhere. On the other hand, the ork list is going to be interesting. Apart from the trukk and warbike, there isn't any speed of sorts, so those sluggas are going to be footslogging towards gunlines. Gunlines full of autocannons and grenade launchers. I like this.

Of course, that warboss is going to be either in your face, killing as many as possible, but a sacrifice squad could hold him for a half a turn, then shooting him would be advisable. That KFF could be a pain, but you've got enough shots to bypass it.

The other thing I've noticed is the master of ordinance. I'm interested to see what you think of him, as in smaller games, there isn't usually enough enemy troops for it to hit, although that might not be the case in this game.

Objectives wise, you don't have any 'mobile' squads, and those orks are just going to charge at you, with a slugga squad covering two or three at once. I suggest shooting as much as possible, then moving a melta squad or two towards objectives in turns 3 or 4, depending how far away they are.

Darth_Riah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 02:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

I have all the faith in the world in your abilities BigToof, but i think experience may win out here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 04:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hehe. I'm looking forward to his, yes I am. I voted for the draw, just a feeling I got, it's going to be a bloody mish mash.
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 09:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Your command squad neither needs the extra armor or the medic. Also I would take advantage of that BS4 and give them some plasma guns, then it would be fine to include a medic because you'll rarely lose any veterans from the overheating of plasma. I'm also concerned about having 4 infantry squads with only a meltagun. When forming an infantry gun-line you don't necessarily want as many guardsmen as possible, you want as many HW teams as possible. That means you don't need to max out your infantry squads first, just take a few of them and then grab some HW squads because they're much more cost effective. I would also remove the lord commisar, he's not really necessary.

If you can consolidate some points and field more HW teams, I don't see any reason why those orks will reach your front lines. FRFSRF should net a lot of kills in this match, and Bring it down! should help to get rid of the trukk that your opponent has.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Not much point suggesting changes for Bigtoof at this point in time.
He'll have done the battle now. We just need to wait for him to put it up.

Can't wait BT. I'm looking forward to it.
I'm also starting an IG army with my friend, maybe we can glean a few tips from this battle report.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 16:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for all your replies!
I'm going to try and answer them all before putting up the rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Gin (Darth)
Am looking forward to this. Really am. I like the look of your IG list, although I'm wondering about the carapace on your command squad. To be honest, I would take it off, and hide the squad behind another couple of squads, and use the points elsewhere. On the other hand, the ork list is going to be interesting. Apart from the trukk and warbike, there isn't any speed of sorts, so those sluggas are going to be footslogging towards gunlines. Gunlines full of autocannons and grenade launchers. I like this.

Of course, that warboss is going to be either in your face, killing as many as possible, but a sacrifice squad could hold him for a half a turn, then shooting him would be advisable. That KFF could be a pain, but you've got enough shots to bypass it.

The other thing I've noticed is the master of ordinance. I'm interested to see what you think of him, as in smaller games, there isn't usually enough enemy troops for it to hit, although that might not be the case in this game.

Objectives wise, you don't have any 'mobile' squads, and those orks are just going to charge at you, with a slugga squad covering two or three at once. I suggest shooting as much as possible, then moving a melta squad or two towards objectives in turns 3 or 4, depending how far away they are.
Thanks for the reply.
I like the list too, but it's far too static for my taste at the moment, how well it did, err... take a look and tell me what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
I have all the faith in the world in your abilities BigToof, but i think experience may win out here.
Thanks for the reply!
I appreciate the faith. Uh... and your concern is not entirely unwarrented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejivar Konj
Hehe. I'm looking forward to his, yes I am. I voted for the draw, just a feeling I got, it's going to be a bloody mish mash.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, yes it's gonna be a bad one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritbw
Your command squad neither needs the extra armor or the medic. Also I would take advantage of that BS4 and give them some plasma guns, then it would be fine to include a medic because you'll rarely lose any veterans from the overheating of plasma. I'm also concerned about having 4 infantry squads with only a meltagun. When forming an infantry gun-line you don't necessarily want as many guardsmen as possible, you want as many HW teams as possible. That means you don't need to max out your infantry squads first, just take a few of them and then grab some HW squads because they're much more cost effective. I would also remove the lord commisar, he's not really necessary.

If you can consolidate some points and field more HW teams, I don't see any reason why those orks will reach your front lines. FRFSRF should net a lot of kills in this match, and Bring it down! should help to get rid of the trukk that your opponent has.
Thanks for your reply!
I really do need as much help for the next go.
Please take a look at the rep and tell me what I can do for the next one.
Man, this one was BRUTAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammerz
Not much point suggesting changes for Bigtoof at this point in time.
He'll have done the battle now. We just need to wait for him to put it up.

Can't wait BT. I'm looking forward to it.
I'm also starting an IG army with my friend, maybe we can glean a few tips from this battle report.
Hi Cammerz!
Thanks for the reply.
Take a look and tell me what you think.
Also, let me know how the fluff stands up

Best,
-BT
Old 16 Jun 2010, 16:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

And here's the rest of the rep!
Thanks for your patience!
--------------------------------------------------------

Warboss Skabgutz of WAARGH! Grumgutz was pretty new. Being a Nob for a while, he had the good fortune of being around when a huge Daemon fell on his Boss. Now, he was Boss, and was ready for a big job.

But, Grumgutz (who Skabgutz was sure was only a little bit bigger than him) gave him the job of watching a bunch of bitz piles. His Big Mek Nonutz was happy about having more junk to play with, but Skabgutz needed a fight. Needed it bad.

He turned as he heard what sounded like music? Glancing over, the Orks looked over and saw a lot of runty hummies moving over the horizon. Good, he thought, just the thing to show his stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setup: Well, there's a decent sized building in one quarter and one in the center. One quarter has obviously more terrain than the others. I place one objective there, the other goes in the opposite quarter, and one near the center, closer to the more terrain-filled quarter.

Thankfully, the Guard win the roll to setup first, and wisely take the more terrain filled quarter.
I put Katya with Vasily and put the CC squad in the far back. I put one big squad of 30 with Autocannons and grenade launchers to either side.
I put the PCS squads in front of them, and then make two twenty man squads with meltas strung out in front of everyone. It takes a while, and in the end there's a lot of guys. A lot.

The Warboss goes down to the right, with the Trukk in the center-ish hiding behind a building with the Big Mek and Nobz inside. A big Slugga mob goes down to the left and right, everyone as far forward as possible, but trying to stay spread out.

The Orks fail to steal the initiative and the game is on!

Picture Caption: Ha ha! I have more models than you!

Turn 1: IG
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vasily frowned as he saw the mammoth horde of Orks. There was even a huge Ork on a gigantic bike.
Marching all the way from the base was nerve wracking enough, but the Orks were luckily a little slow on the uptake. The Guard were able to setup in a defensive position, and it wasn't until Temperance and Duncan had started up a jaunty Praetorian pre-fight song that the Orks had finally turned around and started heading on over.

They were actually in a fairly good position.

Picking up his vox, Vasily was about to give his first order.
His hands sweating again. He told himself, Come on Vasily, don't mess this one up now, everything will be fine, everything will be fine, just forget what happened the last... half dozen or so times against Orks... These are different, everything will be fine, just...

"Are you waiting for enemy to invite you over with flowers and the kisses?!"

He twisted around to see the frowning face of Lord Commissar Katya Vaskov, the most bowel-drenchingly terrifying human being he had ever met. The petite looking woman and her pistol were getting a generous bearth from his men.

Oh God Emperor, Vasily thought. She knows. She knows what happened to the other Commissar. She's going to kill me, she's going to...

The sweat from Vasily's hand went into overdrive, and he swore as he felt the comm slip from his hand and fall into the muck at his feet.

This was not a good way to start, he thought as he and his men started scrambling in the dirt and sand, not a good way at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so here's the plan. Two big units of Autocannons and GL's behind a generous screen.
Normally, this would give a generous cover save to the Orks, but with the "On My Target" command, the Orks will have to re-roll their successful saves, giving us a much better chance to cut them down.
The Master and Lascannon are on the second story, and have a generous view of the Trukk, so hopefully that'll work as well. Everyone else will sit tight.

And that's when Vasily flubs his orders with a 6,6. Wow, I just... wow. Face. Palm. Yee-ha.
Well, my first use of the Master of Ordinance turns out to be golden, as it lands on the Nobz' Trukk with a deviation of only a few inches (Yay!). The Trukk is immobilized, and that's a big relief that the Nobz will have to walk, unless the Mek can fix the Trukk, but that'll buy us a turn in any case.
Most of the rest of the army downs some more Boyz, but it's just gravy after the Trukk.

Turn 1: Orks
Warboss Skabgutz detaches and boosts ahead.
Everyone else runs forwards, including the Nobz and Mek, who get out of their immobilized Trukk.
Huh, that Trukk is sitting on one of the objectives. That's going to be bothersome.

Picture Caption: Ok, they don't have the Trukk, but they're still coming up. Why's that Warboss just hanging out there?

Turn 2: IG
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vasily finally found his vox and checked in with his men.
The news wasn't good. The huge Warboss had moved out, threatening the lines, and the rest of the monsters were incoming fast.

His mind fluttered back to stories of a Warboss on a Bike that was carnage itself, downing even Terminators.

Vasily's stomach turned again. Could this be the same Ork? Could this be the Warlord Grumgutz?
Before common sense could intervene itself, Vasily was barking on his comm. The big Ork had to go down. The rest of the army could wait.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason, I get far too worried about the Boss, and end up spending almost the entire army's firepower in taking him down. Still, Warboss down = good. 50+ cheesed-off Orks coming up? Bad.

Picture Caption: Yay! The Warboss went down... and... I... uh... that's all?

Turn 2: Orks
The Ork player is all smiles and his army is getting closer. I just realized that I took the bait and wasted a turn. Oh that's not good.
The Orks still run forward. Thankfully, the Guard are still a bit too far away for a charge.

Picture Caption: Stay away bad green men!

Turn 3: IG
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vasily nodded to himself. That big Ork went down in a heap of Autocannon fire.
He smiled. Good. Now all he would have to do is... take care of the rest of the Orks...

Bringing up his vox, he ordered, "Alpha Company, listen carefully, aim for the left..."

Vasily winced as something in his stomach turned and a fierce growling filled the air.

There was a shocked silence.

Then laughter. Peals of laughter. Vasily reddened as he heard a familiar "Mawahaha" intermixed with the guffaws.

He was about to try to regain order, when a fierce bark came in over the comms, silencing everyone.
"You stupid children! Ork is in our face! They are not going to give you the thing to laugh about! Shoot them NOW!"

Vasily felt something pick him up and slam him against the ruin's wall.

He turned and saw the icy face of Commissar Vaskov.
"What you think you are doing, being Mr. Funnybone? These men need you to be LEADER. I need you to be GOOD. If you are not GOOD LEADER, then you are BAD CORPSE. Understand?"

Vasily nodded woodenly. How could things get worse?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, the Orks are definitely in the wire, so to speak. It's now or nothing.
Ok, let's see what we can do.

Vasily rolls a 6,6 AGAIN. I... yeah, ok. The Orks get their cover again. That's really irksome.
The Guard fire, and we down a lot of Sluggas, but not as many as we should have.
The Master of Ordinance fires wide of the Nobz again, so no luck there.
We've downed about 1/3 or so of the sluggas on either side. Still, umm... there's a lot of Orks left still.

Picture Caption: Yeah, those Guardsmen in the front have all the chances of surviving as a group of newborn kittens covered in roast beef sitting in front of a bunch of rottweilers on PCP.

Turn 3: Orks
The Orks all hit the 40 melta guardsmen and the Nobz and Sluggas utterly destroy one group of them. The Orks multi-charge, so although one large group does not take too many causalities it does have to fall back, luckily safely, but unfortunately not very far...

Picture Caption: Run, little Guardsmen, RUN!

Turn 4: IG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The skirmishers on the front line fell back as best they could to the Ork onslaught.

Temperance whistled a merry tune as she stepped up with her men toting flame throwers.
She glanced over to make sure her brother was doing the same.

The tall, muscular form of Duncan Windsor-Smith was visible through the plumes of sand being kicked up.
He took a moment to curl his mustache into proper close-combat form before moving forward.

"Rather impolite of the Orks to run in so ungainly," yelled Temperance to her brother.

"Harrumph. Well, all the better to give them a warm welcome then, Tems."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Orks fall as IG continues to blast them.
Thankfully the Orders go out smoothly this time.

Vasily fires on the Nobz... and the Ordinance hits two Boyz... and two of Duncan's flamer guardsmen. Oops. At least they're not pinned.

More fire rages into the Boyz as well, and the greenskins are running low.
Temperance flames down the last of her mob, but we're unable to pare down the other entirely (perhaps due to err... a slight lack of flamers), leaving 5 Sluggas... who hold. The Nobz are mostly untouched thanks to their Dok who works overtime with his FNP rolls.

Picture Caption: Uh, sorry Duncan! A... uh... A wizard did it!

Turn 4: Orks
Hmm, well, the fleeing group of guardsmen are actually sort of in the way of the Orks! That's good... right?

The Orks run smack dab into both PCS squads and the fleeing group of 20 guardsmen, who decide to stay and fight.
Duncan's group is thrashed to pieces, since it's umm... smaller for some reason <innocent whistle> Temperance's group rolls very well for their saves, and manage to stay intact for the most part. The twenty guardsmen though, take a horrible beating and are dispersed to the winds.

The younger Windsor-Smith decides it's probably good to pull back and jogs backwards a nice 3"... Thanks, Temperance, thanks.
The Orks follow up right on her.

Picture caption: Well, at least those 20 guys don't have to worry about being executed for cowardice...

Turn 5: IG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vasily frowned as the Guardsmen continued to shoot at the big Orks. They just weren't falling no matter how many holes they had in them. This wasn't good.

He heard a rusting from behind him, and was about to blurt out an excuse to avoid being summarily executed, but was then surprised to see Commissar Vaskov moving away towards another squad.
"Uhh... Katya... Er, Commissar? Where..."

"Sons of the bastards are getting too close. We stay here. We fight here."

She threw a steely glance at Vasily that made him glad there wasn't enough drinkable water for afternoon tea.
"You learn from our deaths. Get something out of it. Vostroyans go to pay our debt the only way we know how. With blood."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Temperance still doesn't understand that retreat means moving away FAST, and again pulls back a mere 3".
IG unloads everything but the kitchen sink at the Orks, and Katya separates to join up with one of the big 30 man squads.
Not too worried about 5 Sluggas, the entire IG unloads on the Nobz, but with utter CWA cheez and some amazing FNP rolls... the Nobz still stay strong.
I shot the entire army at them. Wounded quite a few. But NONE fell.

Picture Caption: That's so not good. Nobz are just broken.

Turn 5: Orks
The Nobz and Sluggas assault both big blocks and Temperance.
The big squad without Katya manage to at least down all of the Sluggas except the Nob. Some of the Nobz from the Nob mob fall, but they're still at more than half strength.
Guardsmen fall by the dozen, and the block to the right falls and runs off the board!
Temperance runs, but again not too far. (I mean, she's Praetorian, right? It wouldn't be proper to run around screaming and whatnot.)
Katya thankfully keeps the left block together and the Nobz are tied up. For now.
The lone Slugga Nob is now way out in no-man's land and consolidates closer to Temperance and the rest of the fight.

The Nobz are actually right on top of the objective, and it's sort of questionable as to how close IG is at this point. If the came ends, then it could go as an Ork victory or as a tie...

But the dice comes up a 5!
The game continues!

Turn 6: IG
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vasily swore as he watched the last lines of defense fall.

Guardsmen were running, screaming for salvation off the field.

He looked around and saw one group that was not running.

A slim figure in black was keeping them steady against the massive Orks, but their numbers were wearing thin.

Vasily looked around desperately. If he could somehow get someone to one of the Ork supply deposits, he could turn things around.

Someone. Anyone. Just...

He looked around and saw two people slowly away. Actually, they were marching. Both were wearing red outfits, and one was bobbing along with a ponytail.
Pausing to choke down the last vestiges of his pride, Vasily opened up his comm.
"Lieutenant Windsor-Sm... Lieu... Tems!"

Temperance Windsor-Smith stopped her slow march off the field and glanced at Vasily. A familiar twinkling smile crossed her face.
"You called, sir?"

"Yes. You. I need you."

The younger Windsor-Smith blushed from tip to toe.

Vasily, just realizing what he said and ignoring the glances and snarky comments of his men, continued, "I need you to take that point there and... Oh God Emperor, one of them is still loose! He's a big one, just try to get..."

"I'll take care of him, Sir! You can count on me!"

Before Vasily could interject, Temperance was on her toes, leaping towards the huge Nob, who was wandering the field looking for something to kill.

He needs me! thought Temperance, as her heart went a flutter. I guess all of the hard work with the shoes really did pay off! Mother was right, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

She blinked. That was a big Ork alright, but the way she was feeling, it could have been that cheeky fellow Abbadon and she wouldn't have cared.

"Excuse me? Yes, you with the big claw. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to get out of my..."

The huge Nob screamed, and bits of food and phlegm flew through the air.

"Right. That's a no. Mr. Barkley? A bit of flame if you please. We like a job well done. Mahaw mahaha."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temperance pulls back more and is getting CLOSE to falling off the table.
However, Vasily uses his special order to let her re-roll her Morale... And she passes!
She and her lone flamer Guardsmen get ready to assault the Nob!

Vasily's Lascannon still fails to hit anything.

Temperance flames one wound off the Nob and then... I figure why not, as she assaults in.

Somehow, the plucky little Guardsman takes off the last wound off the Nob and consolidates towards the center objective!
More Guardsmen die, but Katya keeps them resilient.

Picture Caption: Oh... Do I have a chance?

Turn 6: Orks
The Nobz continue to chop away at the stubborn block, and Katya is finally forced to get into base with the Mek.

The game is basically a tie at this point, but if it continues...
And the dice gods give their nod of approval, as the game goes ANOTHER round!

Picture Caption: Stay strong little guardsmen, stay strong!

Turn 7: IG
Run, Temperance Run!
Temperance uses RUN, RUN, RUN and manages a 6 on her run roll, putting her SOLIDLY on top of the central objective.
Vasily gets off his duff and runs over near the objective that the Nobz are near, so it'll be at least a go for them to take that one.
Katya gets wounded by the Mek, but the guardsmen still stay!

Picture Caption: RUN, TEMPERANCE, RUN!!!

Turn 7: Orks
It's Katya's turn to wound the Mek, more Guardsmen die, but the block stays firm.
Wow.

Picture Caption: Holy cow! Tems, Daddy gonna buy you a pony!

Result: Victory to the Imperial Guard!

Post-Game thoughts: Holy. Hannah. Wow. I can't believe we did that. That was the craziest game I've had in a long time. My usual bad luck with the proxies mixed with bad setups (I'm sure about that, please anyone, give me a clue ), and just nasty, nasty Orks. Those Nobz were brutal.
My plans just up and died, but I was lucky that the Guard are as good as they are, otherwise I couldn't have pulled this one out over SEVEN turns. Just... wow.
Clearly, the list (and the general need work). Still, I'm going to make a model for Temperance after this one. She needs something special after that run.
I have 17 out of 117 models left... Pyrrhic victory anyone?
Ho Great Praetoria! To Glory!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 16:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Mek Nonutz looked around when he heard the cheers. Most of his Nobz were down, and somehow a hummie had gotten out and into one of his big piles of gubbins.
He frowned. That was the gubbins with the explodin' stuff. The hummies would be blowin' him up if he wasn't careful. And anyway, he thought, smirking at the fallen form of Skabgutz. He had ta get back to camp so he could be called the Big Boss. No harm in coming back for another go later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vasily whooped like a schoolboy when he saw the Orks leave. The final few guardsmen were throwing jeers and cheers at the Orks' backs as the greenskins jogged off. He stole a glance at Commissar Katya, who wiped off the green blood from her blade. She glanced up at him and then nodded. That, Vasily admitted to himself, was better than a medal.

"Commander! Hurry! You have to see what I found!"

Vasily looked over at Temperance who was rummaging though one of the big Ork supply piles.
He ran over, practically salivating.
"What? What did you find? Ration bars? Old tins? Maybe... Maybe Recaf??"

Temperance popped up with a smile, carrying a leathery object in each hand.
"Even better, sir! Your favorite! Shoes! And they're even hand-stiched!"

Vasily paused, put his head in his hands and cried.

Temperance smiled. Tears of joy. She would take good care of her man, no matter what.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 16:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Imperial Guard vs. Orkz (1000pts) in "Viva La Resitance!"- BatRep UP!

Having a screen in front of your HW squads seems like a good idea, but there is a much easier way to go about it. You could have deployed them to either side of the AC squads and when the time was necessary run them in front of the AC squad using the MMM order. You gave the orks WAY too many cover saves and that really hurt you.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote