Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Die Annuver Day" - Orks vs Eldar 1750 pts
Old 24 May 2010, 12:15   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Die Annuver Day" - Orks vs Eldar 1750 pts

Well, second time against Eldar and this time I got my first recorded lost for my Orks. But nonetheless the game is a rather intense one as we do not know who is winning due to the oddities of many things. Without further ado, here's "Die Annuver Day".

[hr]

Punkabusta is quite traumatized from the events from the oil refinery incident, but now that he is burning beyond compare to bash these little things up, he decided to try and hunt them down himself for making him feel un-boss-like.

"Boyz!!!!We is gonna bash those lil 'un to pieces! Only fing that could stop us now is dat Gork send sumfing dat we can't bash!"

[hr]

The ritual is becoming even more intense, and the Avatar knows it. The inhuman bloodlust of the Avatar is screaming in their minds but Farseer Myrion is used to this. Throughout his lifetime, he had send many Young Kings to summon Khaine the Bloody-handed's servant upon the mortal realm. The newest Young King in the line walks slowly towards the bright red chamber, with runes on his body and his mind prepared to summon forth their salvation. The chamber then closes behind the Young King and the forging begins.

As the minutes turns to hours, Farseer Myrion can only wonder will this be enough to make the greenskins run with their tails between their legs. A chill ran down the spine of the Farseer as the farseer can sense the agonizing psychic scream from inside the chamber. Myrion feels the pain in his heart to sacrifice another of their kin, but it must be done to stem the tide of the greenskin.

Suddenly, an inhumane roar of agony burst forward from the throne room of the Avatar, and the psychic shock wave surging forth caused many of the Eldar to kneel down, all but Farseer Myrion. The air is hot, burning hot, and a loud thudding footstep walks forward from the throne room out to where most of the Eldar are. The being is fire incarnate, for its blood is that of molten iron, and its skin is that of molten lava. It's arm is bloodied with magma dripping like blood, and its sword glows brilliantly, but the runes in the weapon writhes and seek an escape from the rage of this being. Smoke and vapor shrouds the being like a robe trying its best to cover its body from prying eyes, but the being's monstrous face glows through the smoke and vapor like a demon.

"The Avatar fights!"

[hr]

As the warband moves forward throughout the ruins, suddenly Zoggins started to whimper. Every Nob and Punkabusta heeds this warning; When Zoggins whimpers, something is awry. Soon enough, they spotted with the eye what Zoggin sense with his sense. Flanked by two large behemoth, a burning figure walks between them and the figure then points towards the battlewagon. Punkabusta immediately realized something he had thought before; if the puny ones can hurt him bad, what about their big ones? Now one of their big ones is here and by Gork, that thing is one big scary thing.

[hr]

Well, this is a KP mission, and the deployment is that of Pitched battle. Two of my least favourite things in one mission. And he won deployment.

My list

Same o' same o'.

Opponent's list is as follow
Eldrad with 4 warlocks
2 squads of guardians with scatter lasers wave serpents (one with brightlance, the other with the other weapon I don't remember the name)
1 squad of guardians with scatter laser
1 squad of 5 fire dragons with earch and goodies, in a wave serpent
Fire Prism
2 Wraithlords

Deployment is as follow.

I failed to seize the initiative and he begins.

Turn 1
Opponent's Turn

He decided to ninja around and take some pt shots, but did nothing much other.

My Turn

As an Ork I got not much choices but to move full speed ahead. One of my boomwagons shot at the cluster of nastiness that is the avatar, seer and his council, and the two wraithlords and hits. I took down a warlock and gave one of the wraithlords a wound.

Turn 2
Opponent's turn

All but his footslogging guardians came in, and then he proceeds to shoot me a little managing some shakens on my vehicles.

My Turn

I decided to charge the main hammer units of the Eldar with my own hammer unit and some backup, and tried to take down some of their anti-tank units. One squad failed to reach its intended target, and thus was stranded out in the open. But the others made it to the fire prism and the super nasty big stuff.

I managed to kill one wraithlord and caused a wound on the avatar and wraithlord. If it were not for the Fortuned casted on the Avatar, I would be able to kill off the avatar in one shot. As for the prism, it just got shaken.

Turn 3
Opponent's Turn

Taking advantage of the situation, the Eldar player then decided to do several coup de grace moves that I find hard to counter, and with his entire army on the table, he is now able to go and punish me for my little gambles.

Suffice to say, I am kinda screwed, as most of my squads are mowed down to single models and some of my trukks getting destroyed. IN addition, one of my looted wagon lost its gun.

The assault continued on, and more boyz died as Eldrad and buddies charged into the fray. Avatar inflicted a wound on the Big Mek. But it looks like it is certain that I will reap a lot of kill points from those things I locked with my Nobs and Boyz, and as the other wraithlord comes down, I am certain that I would get a total of 5 KP around my 3rd turn.

My Turn

With the situation being quite scary for me now, I decided to use my Waargh to position myself better and get the best charge possible. Tried to tankshocked the footslogging guardians but I failed to see them off the board.

In the assault phase, I managed to down a squad of guardians but failed to bring down the wave serpent.
But the most painful part is that my Warboss, Nobs, Big Mek, and Boyz got sweeped by the advances of one Avatar , Eldrad and one warlock. A total upset for both the Eldar and Orks, as now the tables are turned, and suddenly the Orks are losing out in KP by over two times the number.

End result of the assault. Also known as the defining moment of the game.

Turn 4

Seeing the sudden stroke of luck, the Eldar player decided to run away from most of my things, and play the shooting game, while his Avatar and his seer councils attempt to destroy whatever it is that they could. Dragons killed the only able Looted wagon, and now I am seriously screwed in the range war.

IN his assault phase, his seers managed to destory another trukk and caused boyz to come out from its burning wreck and the avatar busted a trukk as well.

My Turn

Seeing that it is kinda suck for me, I decided to do some crazy stunts and hope that I could do something about it. My defrolla killed a wave serpent, and I managed to down a wave serpent in close combat, and did nothing much to the fire prism. Since my boyz are unable to reach the seer and his bodyguards I decided to get the guardians instead. They stayed their ground die to the fact that they are near the avatar.

Turn 5
Opponent's turn and my turn

Seeing that I am already this desperate, he decided to launch the coup and destroyed my battlewagon with the fire dragons and avatar. His seer charged into me, and I lost combat and got mowed down. My Nob failed to charged the stranded guardians.

Seeing that he got an overwhelming advantage and the fact that almost my entire army is in tatters, I conceded the game.

KP earned
Eldar: 9
Ork: 5

On hindsight, I think I did a lot of mistakes on this battle and the sudden bad luck only further enhances the loss. I must remind myself to never play directly after an important 4-hour long examination.

[hr]

Punkabusta could not believe this; how the hell does his claw could do nothing to that big burny one? No one stands up to his claw before, and before he know it all his boyz are also scared of this thing that melted their choppas and klaw without even inflicting a wound on it. They need to retreat or else they would really die. So to the dishonour of all the Nobs and the warboss, they decided to retreat.

But then as they say, retreating means that they are not defeated for they can go for another go later. Punkabusta would prefer to die another day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 17:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Die Annuver Day" - Orks vs Eldar 1750 pts

Good game. Kill point games are always tough with a fast Ork list, so many kill points you're giving up. You might want to consider trying out boarding planks on your vehicles that have a Nob with a PK. You can safely assault his vehicles without getting out, at least with one model, obviously the Nob w/PK. If there's one thing I've learned it's getting out of your vehicles to assault Eldar vehicles always ends badly. One Eldar unit can shoot down a unit of Trukk Boyz outside their vehicle in one round of shooting. Fighting so many mech lists these days has gotten me to include ranged AV support too. PKs are great when you get in range but until then it's nice to have something to throw at them.
Old 24 May 2010, 17:49   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Die Annuver Day" - Orks vs Eldar 1750 pts

This was very entertaining! I love seeing battles with two fully painted armies.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 17:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Wow, the Eldar did really well against you!

I agree that seeing two well painted armies against each other is great, especially when mixed with some good scenery!

Was an enjoyable game to read about, maybe not so fun for you to play though :P

- Will
Old 25 May 2010, 06:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ouch. I expected you to win that fight. Was there a way you could have positioned your guys to take out the fortune casting farseer? My Eldar friend plays with two wraithlords and the Avatar too, but my boyz seem to have had more luck than yours. I think a rematch is in order.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 08:46   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Ouch. I expected you to win that fight. Was there a way you could have positioned your guys to take out the fortune casting farseer? My Eldar friend plays with two wraithlords and the Avatar too, but my boyz seem to have had more luck than yours. I think a rematch is in order.
Actually, I can kill everything with ease no problem. It is just that I got a bad dice roll that my Nobs failed epically due to one extra wound that he inflicted on me, and the rest as they say went downhill. It was an upset for me, but a stroke of good luck for the opponent.

But yeah, at the time, both my opponent and I though I would win. But as they say Dice god is fickle. :P

As for the opponent, he is my friendly rival so this would mean it will be a good rematch anyway. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 14:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

But yeah, at the time, both my opponent and I though I would win. But as they say Dice god is fickle. :P[/quote]

I think i have near enough proven that everyone has a luck pool. this pool aplies while you roll dice. now for me i barely get a good turn of shooting in EVER! and you know what i recently found why. At the beginning of the year we found an old artillery shell that someone had probably found on a trip the year before stashed in a corner at our school.

though it was empty it would appear that the person sitting next to me had wrongly assumed that the detonator was dud too!(putting it in his desk for the hell of it) anyway so clearing out out desks at the end of the year our history teacher spotted it and inquired as to what it was and its origin. according to him the detonator was still live and i pretty much figured that my luck pool was being drained keeping it from...well DETONATING for an entire year!
ColdShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 23:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Fantastic report and loved all the pictures!

I know it wasn't a favorable outcome but I appreciate "manning up" in this regard and finding the motivation to post everything as most people do not post reports they lost to.

Keep up the good work!