Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Seer-eye" - Orks vs Eldar 1750 pts
Old 16 May 2010, 10:33   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Seer-eye" - Orks vs Eldar 1750 pts

Well, this would be my first official documentation of my Orks vs Eldar, and man this fight is my worst victory yet. You'll find out soon enough.

[hr]

A new world, a new Waaagh!!! But not the big one that he expected. Tinka adviced the Warboss that his army needs fuel and he needs stockpiles of it if his Waaagh!!! would be a good one. So they decided to come down on this outpost of a planet to get fuel. No big matter, since the Warboss is itching for a fight.

Now that they are down the planet, the main foraging part realized that this world is already devoid of any presence, no humans at all. The structure of the buildings are that of the humans, but no humans leave anything without a fight. Punkabusta looks atop his battlewagon, and with his trusted advisors beside him, the warboss surveys this particular refinery. It is a good place to get fuel for his warband's fuel-hungry vehicles and indeed the refinery is a conduit to this entire outpost.

Then Zoggins started gibbering in a staccato about something. Sure, Zoggins is mad, but when he gibbers that way, that means he found something he loves. That often means he will try to kill it.

"Wut?" Punkabusta asked.
"Hheehehhahahehhahhehhaahah!!!!!" Zoggins point across the horizon and soon enough, there are some things to kill. Judging from the hovering vehicles, Punkabusta thought that they are Tau, but then something caught his eye. Several dark colossi marched across the battlefield, and immediately the warboss knew that they are something new.
"Settle up boyz! We BASH!"

[hr]

"I see the greenskins. What should we do my Lord?" The transmission rings in the Farseer's ear.
"Well, they willl suffer as the humans of this outpost did. Isn't that right Maugan Ra?" Suddenly a dark voice can be heard in the Farseer's ear.
"Indeed. They shall falter before our might."

[hr]

My list is the same one, since I do not really have time to make another list.

As for the Eldar, this is the list.
Maugan Ra
Eldrad
9 Harlequins with Death jester, 2 meltapistols,
6 Fire dragons in wave serpent transport with scatter lasers.
6 jet bikes with shuriken cannon
10 Dire Avengers, exarch with simmerfield and other weapon I don't remember the name
2 Warwalkers with scatter lasers
2 Wraithlords with brightlance and missile launcher.

Mission is Seize Ground, and deployment style is spearhead. I lost deployment, so I deploy second. He reserved his bikers, and deployed the rest.

Here's our deployment.

I tried to seize initiative, but I failed. So let the pain begin.

Turn 1
Opponent's turn

A few unit redeploy, and then only they begin their onslaught.

Pain for me as several vehicles are destroyed or got their weapons destroyed and/or immobilized

My Turn

The only thing I could do; Move!

I proceed to use the tankbustas to immobilized that Wave Serpent.

I then charged the warboss and his retinue to the other wave serpent and busted it.

Turn 2

Fire Dragons moved away from the destoryed vehicle and the other wave serpent vomits forth its payload. While then Maugan Ra and his clown buddies proceed to move forward. Twilight.

In his shooting he destroyed another trukk but otherwise I am somewhat alright. But then the pain started.

He used his Mind war against my Painboy and eliminated him, while the dire avengers shot at the nobs in combination with the harlequins and the Fire Dragons. Ouch for me as without my FNP, I am quite screwed as half my squad went down. Despite that, my Warboss and guys managed to hold their ground, against my will. Sufficer to say....the harlequins and the dire avengers charged. See results below.

My Turn
Well, seeing that for some reason two squads and 2 ICs are in my way, I decided to deffrolla the entire bunch. The Harlequins attempted a death or glory, but they did nothing much to the deffrolla other than to destroy its weapon, and then get mowed down, but Maugan Ra survived and ran aside. As for the Dire Avengers and Eldrad, they only lost one dire avenger.

On other news, I blow up the other wave serpent.

Since my trukk is immobilized and it is directly in front of Maugan Ra, I decided to disembark and then shoot the damn monster before charging it. Suffice to say, two wounds from Ork shooting is a moral victory and the charge after that sealed Maugan Ra's fate.

Turn 3
Opponent's Turn
His bikers came in and seeing my battlewagon's prowess, the fire dragons stepped forth to try and bust it down while the Dire avengers maneuvered themselves to the other trukk. Fire dragons failed epically. Enough said of the Fire Dragons.

After much shooting where another trukk gets destroyed via and battlewaon via Wraithlord and almost an entire squad of boyz gunned down, they charged and the boyz who killed Maugan Ra are no more.

My Turn
Situation getting more dire than I thought, and I got to do some things to at least try and even the odds. Tankbustas move up and the mauled boyz entered into the transport wagon and the other boyz squad started moving as well. My Boomwagon can't do nuts because of "Don't press dat!".

Turn 4
Opponent's Turn
He mauled down the transport wagon and the boyz of the transport are dead. But one of his wraithlord spaced out. Almost mauled the other boy squad down to a single mob. He decided to add salt to the wound by destroying the last trukk.

My Turn
I am bloody desperate so I decided do do what a normal play should not do at this key moment; I Waagh!! The Tankbustas can only go towards the only vehicles in line of sight, so in a way I kow they are a lost cause. The lone Boy hide amongst the runs, and the other boy squad just ran for their lives.

The results: See this picture?

Now see this picture.

Gamble worked for this squad. Now I got one less objective taker to worry about.

Turn 5
Opponent's Turn
See picture and imagine results. That's all I've got to say. He also destroyed the gun on my remaining boomwagon, and making it a slab of nothing.

My turn
With nothing much I could do, I just moved the Bike-destroyers back. But then there is a moment of genius. The boomwagon rushes forward to the side, and then boy that was hidden for a few turns decided to run out and hide behind said boomwagon. A very desperate ploy, but one that could work.

With the compulsary 5 rounds gone, the die is cast.....

It's a 1. I win.

Orks: 2 objectives
Eldar: 1 objective

[hr]
Punkabusta is humiliated beyond compare. These small things bashed him up good. Nonetheless, the refinery is under their solid grasp, and the small things retreated. Deep down, Punkabusta fears these creatures. Small but hard. He is afraid of what their big ones can do. Fishies are nothing compared to these beings.

Thus, this is a tale of how the Warboss first made contact with the Eldar and the respect and fear of Eldar seeded itself in the Warboss.

[hr]

"My Lord, why are we relinquishing the initiative? We could have wiped out the greenskins." The Dire Avenger Exarch is furious.
"As the Exarch states, this is outrageous. Maugran Ra has fallen. We need to take revenge if our pride is to be preserved." But then the farseer waved his arm, and the rest falls silent.

"This is exactly what I want to do to the Orks. Let them have the refinery as we got no use of crude liquid to power ourselves, but we taken the pride of a Warboss. That alone will save our own Craftworld. We do not have the numbers to win against them, but strike fear and they will make themselves lose in their minds and that fear will give us time to move our craftworld through this sector peacefully. Any more, and we turn this fear to hatred and we will be doomed. Make haste, before the warboss thinks like all of you here on regaining his honour." The Farseer then walks away and dissappear to his chambers.

"You are wise indeed, My Lord." The Exarch mutters under his breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2010, 14:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Seer-eye" - Orks vs Eldar 1750 pts

A great report!

Really enjoyed reading, especially the sarcasm in your comments.

Also you were a bit lucky though, on not getting the next turn.

That could have been painful.

- Will
Old 16 May 2010, 16:57   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Also you were a bit lucky though, on not getting the next turn.

That could have been painful.
Indeed. with 5 models, my army is mortally wounded. Add that with 14 models on his side that can unleash volleys upon volleys of shots....it will not end well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2010, 17:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Eldar...

*shudders*

Good job on pulling that off. I find I'm usually in the same boat with my KoS lists, needing the game to end sooner or later. I find a game going to 7 turns leaves me with little left unless I had a brutal opening to the game, and against Eldar I haven't managed that yet.

Oh, great job on your vehicles. Your army looks great.
Old 20 May 2010, 05:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Until that final die was cast I was certain your army was doomed to be panzee raped. Looks like Gork, or Mork, were looking out for you though, so nice job on the win. People always forget that lone model, and that's the one that wins it for you.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote