Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Da Git Wif Da Shooty Gun" - Orks vs Tau 1750 pts
Old 01 May 2010, 18:56   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Da Git Wif Da Shooty Gun" - Orks vs Tau 1750 pts

Well, here goes. The mission that will allow my fluff to develop even further. This battle would be after the fluffy stuff I have written here and here

[hr]

"Say what?" Tau commander Shas'o V'ira is shocked by the fact that the tremendous tremor they felt for the past three hours is from some orks making a concert in the middle of nowhere. The Tau have infiltrated themselves upon the world to investigate about the mineral resources of this world, but discovered that there are Orks. But Orks that know how to essentially play music?
"Yes Shas'o, as amazing as it sounds it is all true. The dominant Ork warband upon this world are now gathered on one place, and judging from the sounds of the music is loud enough that they would not know what hit them." One of the blood brother of the Shas'o speaks out.
"Indeed, from our stealth teams we can safely conclude that the warboss is also present. This would be a god opportunity to kill it and take this world for ourselves."

This is a unique opportunity to take out the greatest threat to Tau colonization upon this world, and no way in hell would he miss it. The Shas'o authorized the orders to bombard the Ork concert with impunity. These Orks will suffer for waking up the Shas'o from his sleep.

[hr]

Punkabusta was rudely awakened from his playing trance by the simple fact that there are explosions from the ceiling of the workshop and indeed from amongst the crowd itself. The Warboss and his band stopped playing their instruments, realizing that this means a good fight is on the way.

[hr]

It has been fifteen minutes since the concert ended abruptly and the tribe rode out as one to hunt down whoever it is responsible for ruining their good time with 'Rokk'. Before long, they could see several vehicles from a distance, and unlike those that he had faced so far these are hovering vehicles. Punkabusta is amazed by this new thing to loot.

"OI GITZ GET ME ONE OF THOSE OR ME BASH YA 'EAD WIF ME KLAW!!!" These nuisance will suffer the wrath of ruining Punkabusta's 'Rokk' groove.

[hr]

Warboss with Cybork body, Power klaw, 'eavy armour, and attack squig.
Big mek with 'Eavy armour, Cybork body, and KFF
8 Nobz riding on battlewagon with red paint job, big shoota and deffrolla with the following combinations;
- Power klaw
-'Uge choppa with twin-linked shoota
-'Uge choppa with kombi-skorcha
-'Uge choppa
-Waargh Banner
-Bosspole
-Normal
-Painboy
12 tankbustas with tankhammers, led by a Nob with a power klaw and bosspole
4 squads of 12 boyz, led by a nob with a klaw and a bosspole, riding on a trukk with reinforced ram and red paint job.
2 boomwagons with ard' case
1 Looted wagon with big shoota, red paint job and reinforced ram.

My opponent's list looks somthing like this;
1 Shas'o with Stimulant INjector, Shield Drones, , Hard wired target lock, Hard wired multitracker, plasma rifle and missile pod
2 bodyguards with plasma rifle, missile pods, Targetting array,hard-wired multitracker
3 Crisis suits with shile drones, missile pods, plasma rifle and multitracker
6 stealths
12 kroot
warfish with 5 pathfinders
warfish with fire warriors
2 railheads

Mission is Annihilation, and deployment is table quarters. I decided to deploy first, and deployment is as follow.

My opponent does not want to seize the initiative, and the game begins.

My Turn 1

With every 'don't press dat' passed, I decided to go forward.

For shooting, I decided to shoot the crisis suits with the Looted Leman and managed to kill a a suit and two drones with it. Despite that brutal blast they managed to not falter and continue on fighting.

KP roster:
Orks: 0
Tau: 0

Opponent's Turn 1

He decided to move his stealths and railheads to get a better shot, while the suits moved to get their shots.

With a combination of Markerlights and the superior BS of their commander and his retinue, he blew up my battlewagon to pieces and forces a wound on the big mek. I felt the burn in a way.

As if not enough, the kroots take their shots and I got some wounds on my nobs, but not enough to kill a nob outright.

SIngle railgun shot blasted my transport wagon to pieces and my Tankbustas are now out in the open.

He moved his suits away, and with that his assault movement ends.

KP roster
Ork:0
Tau: 2

Turn 2
My Turn

Decided to push it even further into his zone and pressuring him.

For shooting, it is entirely bullshitty as my looted leman russ missed the pathfinders, while the looted basilisk is out of range (and will continue to be out of range for the entire game). The tankbustas shaken the railhead, which means....bad times for them.

The Warboss and his retinue runs forward in a foolhardy charge, but one with a plan in mind....

Opponent's Turn

He maneuvers himself to paralyze my entire force in its tracks.

To summarize this picture, it is prudent that I make this mathematical formula:
(Stealths x Markerlights) + Boyz + (In the Open-Go to Ground) = PAIN.

Despite my best efforts to rally my Tankbustas, they failed and are running away.

Kroots and Crisis suits gave me even more punishment on my Nobs, but managed to hold on with the grit of awesomeness.

Over at the other end of the battlefield, one trukk got destoryed and the other immobilized by the Shas'o and his retinue (Damn that target lock).

For his assault phase, he jumps further but even he knows what I am about to do next.

KP roster
Orks: 0
Tau: 4

Turn 3
My Turn

Well, I am really losing out in KP as of this moment, and decided to risk it all by;

1)moving the few remaining trukks forward, one towards the lump of tau vehicles and the other towards the stealths (or as close as I could)

2)Splitting the Warboss away from the Retinue

3) All boyz whose trukks are busted or are in trukks are to get out and move ever forward

4) Mek and Nobs moving forward.

Right now I need a hella lot of gambles to make it work and I am counting on one thing and one thing only.....

WAAARRGGHHH!!!!!

And I am quite happy with my Waargh as everything is at least where it should be. My plan as of this moment is for one squad of boyz to charge the Shas'o and his retinue, while the other squad is to reach the other crisis suits, the third squad of boyz to get the railhead, Mek and Nobs to get the devilfish, and for the Warboss to hunt down the pathfinders. The trukk near the stealths are to position themselves there to block LOS to the warboss if anything should happen (of course at the time I just say, no way I would fail the charge, but...just in case :shifty.

But unexpectedly, my warboss fals on a blody banana skin and slips from where the pathfinders should have been and now he's kinda screwed. Thank the gods that everything else is where it should have been. Suffice to say.....

Gamble works, but that devilfish have all its weapons destroyed rather than being another destroyed vehicle.

Opponent's Turn 3

Seeing that everything hangs in the balance, my opponent made some gambles as well. When Pathfinders are climbing down to shoot the warboss and the rkoots stepping down a level to kill off my squad of boyz with kroot rifles, you know it is the climax.

Hammerhead shoots trukk, and caused it to get a 'kareen' result. I rolled and scored a hit, and maneuvered myself in between everything that I want to kill. Despite losing three of their own to explosions, my boyz passed all morale checks needed.Love that result.... ;D

The Kroots fired at my boyz and fully half the squad died under fire, but they managed to hold on.

As you can see here, his Tau charged me in a last-ditch attempt to stall or even win against the Orks, but they got bashed to hell. With that, I moved my Warboss closer to the other devilfish, and also my squad of boyz who busted the Stealths to the Hammerhead.

KP roster:
Orks: 5
Tau: 4

But then, before we could carry on, my opponent concedes the battle and thus the battle is won.

[hr]

Seeing that the battle is lost, the sensible Tau doctrine of retreating became a paramount objective for them and they retreated away from the battlezone. Punkabusta waved his power klaw in anger as he sees them running away from a proper fight.

"Damn puny fishiez! Getz back 'ere!" Punkabusta shouts. But then another voice comes and interrupts the Punkabusta's rather colourful cursing.
"Boss, we send a trukk to find da grotz. Soon enough we know where they are. Once me patches up trukkz and other stuff, we can bash 'em good."
"Make it quick....me want bash 'em quick and 'ard...."

The repairs took them less than 3 hours to complete.

[hr]

By nightfall, the tau encampment is ablaze and the Orks managed to get their hands on several gunships and more impressively a Tau Manta Destroyer. But the Orks only know of the manta as 'Dat Big Flyin' Fing'. Punkabusta was informed that this would allow the whole warband to travel and using the Manta as a leaping stone, utlize their short-ranged tellyportas to teleport themselves to the asteroids where they would be able to make space hulks into Ork Roks and travel to other places to get a good fight.

Punkabusta could not wait to see what would greet him out there in "Da Black Sky'....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2010, 20:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Da Git Wif Da Shooty Gun" - Orks vs Tau 1750 pts

Loving the fluff from the project logs. Are you going to loot any Tau vehicles now?

Looks like another Tau player falls to the Orks, thinking that sticking the entire force in a corner is a good idea. All these Tau people getting their butts kicked makes me want to break out my Tau again and start playing. I know I could have done better than your opponent. Infiltrating those XV25s and kroot out to your left flank would have spread you out more, and I would have had the fire warriors on top of that building.

Looking forward to more reports, and hopefully some conversions of the new Rokk band.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2010, 23:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Da Git Wif Da Shooty Gun" - Orks vs Tau 1750 pts

2 words - Grot Riggers.

For 5 points that looted wagon wouldnt be a totally useless 100ish points

Otherwise well done, the odds were against you early, but the mighty waaaagh! lead the mighty orks to anuda victory

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2010, 02:52   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Loving the fluff from the project logs. Are you going to loot any Tau vehicles now?
Yes.

Quote:
and I would have had the fire warriors on top of that building.
He only got 6 of those I believe. He's relying on the Warfishes, Railheads and suits to dish out the damage.

Quote:
Looking forward to more reports, and hopefully some conversions of the new Rokk band.
I would try to make it. But I will have to make little straps on my instruments so that they can be looped over on my models (for the ghi -tars) and slots (for the sintesiza and da drums).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote