Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Da World Iz Not ' Nuff" - Orks vs Orks 1750 pts
Old 25 Apr 2010, 00:58   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Da World Iz Not ' Nuff" - Orks vs Orks 1750 pts

Well, it's been a while since I have written any battle reports so here goes.

[hr]
Urguk Punkabusta is rather happy tonight. The mohawk-haired Deathskull Ork Warboss had gotten his hands on a rather peculiar piece of equipment by his most brilliant mek, Tinka (usually shortened to 'T' due to the fact that the Warboss does not like remembering names and prefer them short but Punkabusta's name being a very big exception) which the mek says that it will zap boyz from the planet to the 'big roks in da sky'. Despite not having any bloody idea what that means, but that sounded fun in Punkabusta's mind.

But despite his excitement, even a big boy like him got to sleep he reasoned. He will test the device tomorrow where he can use the lesser boyz to test the device. He enters into his personal tent, where the interior is adorned with all the trophies of the things he killed, and with his pet squig 'Squiggles' already sleeping on its perch. Tired from all the explanation from the mek, the Warboss proceeds to go to his resting quarters. Lying down, with nothing to worry about as of this moment, he proceeds to shut his eyes slowly.

Waitamminute...me dun rememba shiny bitz in mah eyez while me havin' shut-eyez..

Suddenly realizing that something is wrong, the warboss rolled to his right as fast as he could and a cold, hard steel stabs at the pillow where Punkabusta's head was. The warboss recomposed himself and true enough, he saw his assailant. With its balaclava, night-googles and little stabby knife, Punkabusta immediately recognized it as one of those 'Kommando Boyz", and since Warboss punkabusta hates remembering details, he never figured out the rest of what the kommando has. But Punkabusta is not happy at all. With a feline-like speed, the warboss engaged the kommando, who now realized that its attempt to assassinate the warboss is the dumbest thing it's ever done. With a backhand of his right arm, the kommando flew out of the tent and out into the open where the other boyz are having their fungus binge parties.

"DIS GIT TRIES TO KNIFE ME! ", the warboss roared. As if on cue, the other boyz stopped what they were doing and proceed to dogpile on the kommando. The warboss was surprised that they dogpiled the kommando rather than chopping it, but then the warboss immediately recognized that they are all as drunk as hell, and are actually passing out en-mass. The kommando attempts to get out from the dog-pile , but the sheer weight of he boyz proved to be too much. The warboss then walks up to the kommando and squatted down, and despite that Punkabusta is much taller than the dogpile itself.

"Oi, you git, who send you to knife me? You tell, me smash, you no tell, me send you to da dokta.", the warboss reasoned. At the mention of 'Da Dokta', the kommandos eyes opens up like some fearful little snotling.

"Me tell you smash! Was dat Blood Axe boss, Rugzgut! Can I has smash now?!"

"Wut's Rugzgut got with me? Me dun remember bashin' his thick skull..."

"He want's your tellyporta! Give me loadz of teef to knife you and get da tellyporta! Can I has smash now?!" the kommando whimpers. The warboss now realized that the item that Tinka was talking about goes by the same name.

"Yes you can has smash now, it's delishius..." With a messy and wet sound, the warboss smashes the head of the kommando with his left-power klaw prosthesis (along with a few of the dogpiling boyz).

Me is gonna get 'ur 'ead, Rugzgut...

[hr]
Its an Ork vs Ork battle, which means this is a balls game more than anything.

Here's my list

Warboss with Cybork body, Power klaw, 'eavy armour, and attack squig.
Big mek with KFF
8 Nobz riding on battlewagon with red paint job, big shoota and deffrolla with the following combinations;
- Power klaw
-'Uge choppa with twin-linked shoota
-'Uge choppa with kombi-skorcha
-'Uge choppa
-Waargh Banner
-Bosspole
-Normal
-Painboy
12 tankbustas with tankhammers, led by a Nob with a power klaw and bosspole
4 squads of 12 boyz, led by a nob with a klaw and a bosspole, riding on a trukk with reinforced ram and red paint job.
2 boomwagons with ard' case
1 Looted wagon with big shoota, red paint job and reinforced ram.

His list consist of
Warboss
Mega-armour Warboss
5 Nobz with trukk
9 Nobz, 2 with klaw and 1 painboy with trukk
30 slugga boyz with nob, bosspole, klaw and eavy armour
30 shoota boyz with 3 big shootas, nob with klaw, bosspole and eavy armour
8 warbikers with nob, bosspole and klaw

The mission is Capture and Control, with a spearhead deployment. He made me go second since he wants his nobwings to come and bash me silly by two rounds.

Here's our deployment.

Kinda knew what's going on, but just for the fun of it, I decided to try and seize the initiative but failed. He proceeds to move on to his first turn.

Turn 1
His Turn
He proceeds to move his slugga boyz across the board, and also rushd his trukks forward. He tried shooting at the top most of my deployment zone, and managed to immobilized it.

My Turn
After the compulsory 'Don't press that' for my looted wagons, I proceed to move the battlewagon and some of the trukks down the center. I disembarked my boyz and warboss retinue and get ready for the big charge.

During the shooting phase I bombarded the bikers with my looted wagons but to no avail. The big shootas from the immobilized trukk did nothing either.

After all the shooting, it is time for the assault.

Managed to destroy the trukk, and made the normal nobs with normal warboss to get out while also thinning down that big mob into a shadow of its former size.

Turn 2
His Turn

He moved his bikes and disembarked his Mega-Armoured Orks and proceed on to try and take down the two scoring units that are going from the down under. He then charged the bikers, the Warboss and his Nob retinue into my northern flank whle his Mega-Armoured Orks slammed down to botm my trukks.

He managed to kill a few of my nobs, and some of my boyz, while destroying one of the trukks from below.

My Turn

I proceed on to move my transport wagon down to slam into that trukk, while the boyz from the southern flank proced to slam into the Mega-Armoured Orks. By a virtue of placement, I managed to make it such that my orks will be arranged in this manner during assault (the pics is taken after we know who is stuck with who);

That Warboss will die on my watch.

As for the northern flank it is a rather interesting situation, I am less tougher than my opponent, but I sure can deal a hell a lot more attacks than him. So with that, I hoped I can hold the line long enough that I can make it a living hell for him.

My Looted Wagons proceed on to bombard the boyz that are sitting in cover. With nothing to counter my Boomguns, they can only take the heat and do nothing.

So with that our assault continues on. As expected of the southern flank,one trukk got destroyed and the other immobilized, the Warboss is dead, and the Mega-armoured nobs are stuck. Without further ado, I proceed on to consolidate into him and allow myself the comfort that the tankbustas will come and finish the job.

As for the northern flank, the bikes got busted, with only a single Trukk nob surviving, and the Warboss retinue proceeds on to take the beating. I managed to kill the Warboss and two Nobs, and allowed my warboss to have less of a worry to think about. But my mek did die in this combat along with two of my own nobs.

Turn 3
His Turn
He continues on with the assault managing to wipe all my Nobs, leaving only the Warboss standing against two klaws, a painboy and a normal Nob. This is going to be rather painful for me...

His southern flank managed to hold on and managed to cause my boyz to lose combat, but their morale is amazing and they stick on, allowing my tankbustas to get ready for their own busting time.

My Turn
My Lone Trukk nob sits on his ride and rides back to the objective while my Tankbustas positioned themselves for the charge. Everything else tries to move to their respetive positions

The Bombardment continues, taking down a few more boyz.

For the assault phase, the Mega-Armoured Nobs finally died, and my forces in the south is free to do what they could do. My warboss to my amazement, survived all the klaw attacks and managed to kill all the other nobs. He tries running away to somewhere nicer and warmer.

Turn 4
His Turn
Realizing that his spearhead had ended disastrously, he tried to shoot down my warboss but the Warboss escaped unscathed.

My Turn
This turn I moved my Warboss into the battlewagon and tankshocked the boyz, and killed off a few. The other parts of my army just peppered the remnants of the army with overwhelming firepower and soon enough his boyz are running. With his boyz not being able to regroup and with my trukk boy in my own objective, the victory is secured.

[hr]

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAH!"

As the remnant's of his vanquished foe's army dissipates in terror, Punkabusta cackled with a maniacal glee as his personal battlewagon rampaged through like an infernal beast, with him on top of it like a rider of a great Squiggoth. Punkabusta could taste it in his mouth, the feeling that this world will not be the only one who will have the touch of the Arch-Loota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2010, 01:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Da World Iz Not ' Nuff" - Orks vs Orks 1750 pts

Another one?!

Damn you just got too much time to start armies like that....but a nice report man.
doodle bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2010, 02:23   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Crisis_Vyper's Punkabusta in 'Da World Iz Not ' Nuff" - Orks vs Orks 1750 pts

Yeaah, actually while you're gone, I got three more (one is sold away already though). :P

And thanks.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 25 Apr 2010, 04:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Great Report!
Wonderful Fluff and a very awesome report.
Pictures were spot on and a great example of how to set things up.
Also great play and a real show of how to use Mech Ork strategy vs a larger, but less mobile foe.
Still, a great and heavy body-count fight (which is the best ones after all!).
Love the Battlewagon!
I see bits of a Land Raider, a Battlewagon and... something else?
And the BIGGEST ROLLA I've ever seen done right. Really, spot on.
I have to ask you for pointers on that conversion! (You've basically inspired me to make a magnetized rolla for my Land Raider)
Anyway, enough gushing...
Again, great report!

Best,
-BT

P.S. I feel there is fluff in the background that I'm not aware of. Is there someplace it's around to get an idea of what's been written before? -BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2010, 08:21   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigToof
Great Report!
Wonderful Fluff and a very awesome report.
Pictures were spot on and a great example of how to set things up.
Also great play and a real show of how to use Mech Ork strategy vs a larger, but less mobile foe.
Still, a great and heavy body-count fight (which is the best ones after all!).
Thanks for the comment Bigtoof. Appreciated it that I did it right.

Quote:
Love the Battlewagon!
I see bits of a Land Raider, a Battlewagon and... something else?
And the BIGGEST ROLLA I've ever seen done right. Really, spot on.
I have to ask you for pointers on that conversion! (You've basically inspired me to make a magnetized rolla for my Land Raider)
Pics for the conversions in my Orks can be found here; http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92509.0.html

My battlewagon consists of some Tau parts, some valk parts, plots of plasticard, Razorback/predagtor turret placings, rhino top casings, the tracks of a Land Raider, and the front part of a battlewagon.

Quote:
P.S. I feel there is fluff in the background that I'm not aware of. Is there someplace it's around to get an idea of what's been written before? -BT
Nah, I never written any fluff proper for my Orks, other than a few names for my Nob retinue,Warboss and Big Mek. With more battle reports, I would expand I guess.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 26 Apr 2010, 02:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Goes to show you the painted army wins, though my army isn't even close to done. Nice to see them performing well on the battlefield after watching you assemble/paint them in your blog. You need to add some Ork heads to your Warboss's trophy rack, taking down two pk nobs, the painboy, and a choppa slugga nob was epic. Looking forward to more reports, and maybe seeing Punkabusta getting off his rok.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2010, 06:21   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Goes to show you the painted army wins, though my army isn't even close to done. Nice to see them performing well on the battlefield after watching you assemble/paint them in your blog. You need to add some Ork heads to your Warboss's trophy rack, taking down two pk nobs, the painboy, and a choppa slugga nob was epic. Looking forward to more reports, and maybe seeing Punkabusta getting off his rok.
Hehe, thanks.

I did not expect to survive two PKs, a poisoned weapon and a choppa like that without even a FNP, so it is a stroke of good luck for me at the time.

As for him getting off his rok, I need a Marine player or maybe an IG player to make it fun.

PS: You know....you just gave me the idea to use the term 'MoonRakka!" for my next battle report (Yes, I have decided to use James Bond-esque titles for my batle reports). :P

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT