Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2 more Victories for Shas'O Va'Re'X, few pics.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 13:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Raving Bonkers
Default 2 more Victories for Shas'O Va'Re'X, few pics.

So these are not full reports. Had my mates round for a few beers and a bit of much in the sunshine when we thought lets get a couple games on the go. So these are more updates on the our progress...and ourmistakes :P

I had made 2 new lists, one at 500 points and the other was 750.

first up was the 500 point battle against chaos space marines.
I finaly had enough of kroot. Against these oponents their use in CC can still not be truly justified.
So i took my commander Shas'O Va'Re'X with his varourable set up of iridium armour, CIB and Fusion blaster with HW multi tracker.

Supporting him was 3 units of fire warriors, 2 at 7 men strong and the 3rd consisted of 9 men. all units bonded.

A broadside with SMS and advaced stabilisation system provided heavier power.

The chaos i cant remember fully, but he had a tank/transport, 2 units of chaos space marines and a chaos space marine lord i believe.

Annihilation with pitched battle set up. The table was litered with walls and tank traps.

To the left i had my Shas'O and broadside facing his transport which disembarked the squad within. Between the squad of chaos and walls i could not see the chaos lord that advanced to join the marines in the following turn.

In the centre the second chaos squad advanced on the firewarriors. It took 3 turns but my fire warriors put down the chaos squad.

My broadside continualy hit the transport only causing shaken and stunned results throughout while Shas'O Va'Re'X whittled down the Chaos marines with his CIB and fusion blaster. Eventualy the tank managed to get some shots off and poor dice rolls for me ment my broadside failed all his 2+ armour saves. The chaos marines fired on my commander but failed to cause any wounds, the chaos lord and a single shot of a combi weapon i think, (acts as a bolter but gets a single shot of another weapon?) this i believe was a melta shot that apropriatley put my Shas'O out of action.

the tank comes round to start picking at my fire warriors while the chaos lord and few chaos marines charge on another fire warrior squad,

but by the time they get there only the lord remains.

The lord charges the first unit and takes 2 turns to eliminate the warriors as they fight on, my the last man standing but still holding his nerve. As this fighting went on my other 2 fire warrior squads managed to imobilise the tank.

The fire warriors lost out on my turn, so next turn the lord charges my second squad. They do not hold out so well, inflicting wounds on the lord but being cut down in a sweeping adavance. My fire warriors did however manage to destroy the tanks weapon so it was no longer a threat.

The last CC ended on the chaos turn. i had one unit of fire warriors left. They all took aim and caused one wound when in rapid fire range. Lucky for them the Lord only had one wound left and so i took the game, killing his entire army.

[hr]

The second match was against space marines once more. 750 points. we made some mistakes that could have sent the game in a completely different direction so i will point them out when they happen.

Shas'O Va'Re'X still leads the army, same as before but taking 2 shield drones and stimulant injectors.
2 bonded fire warrior squads, both 10 men strong.
2 broadsides, taken as seperate units with SMS and dyi again
1 hammerhead with railgun, SMS and multitracker.

Marines had 1 captain with lightning claw
2 10 man squads of space marines
a tank with TL lascannon and heavy bolter
dreadnaught with close combat weapon.

battlefied:
to the left was a wall and a few tank traps
to the right was more walls and a building
the centre was filled with tank traps but spread enough to allow some tank movement.

We took in turns deploying units, he used tactical squads rule? he split both his units into squads of 5. and we decided to just play annihilation match.

to the right i had both broadsides, in front of them was the building with a squad of 5 marines and the dreadnaught. to the centre i had one squad of firewarriors behind a wall and my hammerhead. opposite was one more squad of 5 marines and his tank. the left i had my other fire warriors with my Shas'O moving up behind a wall again. He had 2 squads of 5 marines and his captain facing them.

battle:
On the right - the dreadnaught advanced with the squad of 5. Broadsides tried to inflict damage but only got 2 shaken results over the turns.

(first mistake as forgot about the +1 for damage roll using AP1 weapons meaning would have been stunned, unable to move or shoot) by the time the dread and squad had advanced both broadsides were down to 1 wound. the squad never fired and only charged one broadsided and the dread charged the other. For the rest of the game both broadsides survived and kept both marine units locked in combat causing no wounds back. (other mistake, as this was first time using a dread in CC, we had a few to drink by then and it was about 10pm, we did not see the big box in the rule book that said about dreadnaught close combat weapons acting like power weapons)

The hammerhead had as much poor luck as the broadsides, taking 3 turns to destroy the tank.

in this time the squad of 5 had advanced, lost a few men to shots from the fire warriors, charged the fire warriors and cut them down in a sweeping advance. In turn 4 my tank could only shoot the sole surviving marine with his mighty rail gun...OVERKILL???

The left was a bit more intresting. Shas'O Va'Re'X and the squad charged up onto the wall. Eliminating the one squad of 5 marines that the captain had hidden in. This did however leave the captain to shoot Va'Re'X killing one shield drone, then charged him. The other squad of 5 marines was whittled down to 2 men but his flamer shot caused 4 casulties. The fire warriors held their ground and so the marines charged.

The final turns saw the fire warriors hold their ground with the space marines until the very end, where they lost combat, failed their morale test and fled off the table. Shas'O Va'Re'X was put down swiftly by the lightning claw and consolidated into the open.

My opponent did not realise the use of a Fast Skimmer, hovering over the tank traps to get an angle on his captain, a single railgun shot felling the man.

Tau victory, 4KP (2 squads of 5, Captain, Tank)
to
Space Marine Loss, 3KP (2 squads of firewarriors, Shas'O)

Things could have turned out different. If we had realised the Dreadnaught having a Close Combat Power Weapon then he would have killed my broadside in one turn and charged the other Broadside in the following turn. Still, we also forgot the 2 shaken result that hit the Dreadnaught from AP1 guns. This would hve meant he would have got into CC two turns later, thats 2 more shots from the broadside and on the 4th turn my hammerhead tank would have still been able to shoot the Dreadnaught also instead of the lone wolf marine. As we both missed out on oportunities we decided to keep the score the same.
Tau Vs. Tyranids 0-W 0-D 1-L

Tyranids Vs. Chaos Marines 3-W 0-D 0-L
Tyranids Vs. Space Marines 2-W 0-D 0-L
Tyranids Vs. Tau 1-W 0-D 0-L

Va're'x Campaign Battle #1 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #2 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #3 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #4 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #5 --- Va're'x Campaign Battle #6
Raving Bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 2 more Victories for Shas'O Va'Re'X, few pics.

Very nice battle reports! Escpecially easy to follow, kudos to you.

Did you mean a storm bolter on the tank in the second game, as the razorback can't take a heavy bolter as well.

Well done with the victory.

scar
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

must have been, a bolter of some sort. i would have taken more details but i was not planning on running up these reports due to the fact the battles were thought about and put together in about 10 mins lol.

these reports are not my best work, not even containing fluff, but i hear alot of people moaning about tau weakness. it realy bugs me when new people ask about tau and then decide to go with another army, waiting for a new tau 'dex to come out. its got to be proven that tau can win. it just takes luck and a lot more thinking when you chose your armies.

since ive had this new tau army i have played 6 matches with them and won 6

Va're'x Campaign Battle #1 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #2 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #3 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #4 ---Va're'x Campaign Battle #5 --- Va're'x Campaign Battle #6
Old 18 Apr 2010, 19:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Sound like a fun Game. That AP1 is always important to remember ;D

Dont dreads have Extra Armour as Standard now though? meaning Stunned is still just shaken?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 19:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

looking through the rule book all i could see was that for close combat they ignore stuned results and i think they lose 1 attack if they are imobilised, somewhere along those lines anyway, rulebook currently out of reach without moving. unless it says it in the SM codex?

Old 20 Apr 2010, 13:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, somewhat true. Extra armor does not come standard on Dreads. Stunned results are not ignored; hypothetically a dead could suffer a stunned, wipe the unit out, but could not move or shoot next turn. Immobilized Dreads become turrets, but can still fight fine.

The new DC dread ignores stunned and shaken, perhaps that is where this thought came from.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 15:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

either way it would have aloud me 2 more turns of shooting as the stunned results were at a distance, not in CC.

was a fun game though and for my tau i hope he dosn't get the new BA codex lol

Old 20 Apr 2010, 18:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yea, well the new codex adds a lot of speed relative to marines, meaning more CC and less Tau :/.