Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle Report - Tyranids vs Chaos Space MUHRREEEENS 1850
Old 08 Apr 2010, 09:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to TraceofToxin
Default Battle Report - Tyranids vs Chaos Space MUHRREEEENS 1850

Played a pickup 1850 game at the FLGS today, used my tournament list from a few weeks back.

[size=14pt]Army Name: Splinter fleet Amon Amarth [/size]

[HQ]

HQ 1: Tyranid Prime - 95 points
- Bonesword and Lashwhip
- Scything Talons

HQ 2: Tyranid Prime - 85 points
- Deathspitter
- Scything Talons

[TROOPS]

Troops 1: Termagaunt x20 - 100 points
- Fleshborer

Troops 2: Termagaunt x20 - 100 points
- Fleshborer

Troops 3: Hormagaunt x20 - 160 points
- Toxin Sacs

Troops 4: Hormagaunt x20 - 160 points
- Toxin Sacs

Troops 5: Warriors x6 - 210 points
- Deathspitter
- Scything Talons

Troops 5: Genestealer Brood x10 - 202 points
- Broodlord x1
- Scything Talons

[HEAVY SUPPORT]

Heavy Support 1: Trygon Prime - 265 points
- Regeneration

Heavy Support 2: Trygon - 235 points
- Regeneration
- Adrenal Glands

Heavy Support 3: Trygon - 235 points
- Regeneration
- Adrenal Glands

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1847 [/size]

CHAOS SPACE MUHREEEEENS

HQ - Khorne Daemon Prince w/ Wings

HQ - Tzeentch Daemon Prince w/ Wings, Warptime, Gift of Chaos

Elite - 5 Terminators, 1x Lightning Claws in a land raider.

Troops - 7 Berserkers, 1 Champ w/ PF in a Rhino

Troops - 6? Plague marines, 2 flamers, 1 champ with combi flamer in a rhino

Troops - 7? Thousand sons, 1 sorcerer in a rhino

Heavy - Defiler

Heavy - Obliterator x3

MISSION TYPE: Annihilation

DEPLOYMENT TYPE: PITCHED BATTLE

FIRST TURN: MUHRREEEENS

Here's an AWESOME pictures of the table.

Used alternating browns to differentiate levels on the buildings. Middle building was all even levels going up. All the buildings were ruins. The two tree marked green areas were counted as forests. Central building was a blown up bunker with just two walls left on the sides, the gray box all the way on the left was an overrun guard emplacement, used as area terrain.

FORCE DEPLOYMENT

He's top I'm bottom. From left; Berzerkers in rhino, Khorne daemon, Tzeentch daemon, Plague marine rhino, Defiler, Land raider, obliterators, Thousand Sons in Rhino

My army, from left; Trygon, Termagants with LW/BS prime, Hormies, Warriors w/ DS Prime, Trygon prime, hormies, trygon, Termagants hiding in building.

First turn;

He shuffles the rhinos a bit, inches obliterators forward, only two can see the R Trygon. Blasts at it with las cannons, autocannon, and other assorted dakka. Manages four wounds on the big'un. Tries to battle cannon away half my hormagaunts on the right, scatters and does nothing. My hormies appear to be blessed by the scatter gods, as battle cannons rarely land when aimed at them.

Regened 2 wounds off the R trygon. I advance across the board. Warriors take residence on the second and third floor of the central building overseeing the wooded hill in the center. Trygon prime and hormies move up the center, R trygon moves toward the Sons' rhino.

Turn 2:

Obliterators shuffle forward a bit more. Plague marines rhino moves up some, but stays just on the far side of the hill. Battle cannon scatters but still takes a few hormies with it. Las cannons, reaper autocannons, two more wounds on the R trygon, he's sitting at 4.

Regen another on the right trygon, back to 3. Onwards my army trudges. Hormies and prime are climbing the hill, they'll be in his lines next turn unless he retreats. Left side is getting close on the rhino, he's sitting back trying to get a counter charge on me as I come into the wooded terrain. Right Trygon advances so he's almost at the Sons' rhino.

Turn 3 -

Plague marines roll up onto the hill, hop out, and burninate away a huge chunk of my hormies. Sons' rhino slides down to the edge of the building and shits out some d-bags in power armor. Confident in his ability to kill the R trygon, he splits fire up and uses one of the lascannons on the prime, who gets his cover save and giggles. Defiler moves a bit to the right and fails horribly at lighting up the R Trygon. Takes a single wound. Sons' open up on the trygon, the final shooting of his phase... and only manage a wound.

Genestealers come in on the right, underneath the obliterators. I regen ANOTHER wound. Back up to 4. L Trygon is besides the Rhino, Termagants are climbing into the woods, Hormies are within charge range. Trygon prime skirts around the rhino on the hill and says hello to the defiler. The two hormies left run for their lives. My right trygon moves right up infront of the sons'. Warriors light up the Plague Marines, two die. PEW PEW PEW goes the bio-electric pulse, BLARGH goes a pair of muhrreeeens who fail their armor saves. RTrygon charges in and eats the rest. LTrygon charges the rhino and nom nom noms it. No wounds from the explodering. Prime laughs at the walker, getting 7 hits thanks to STx2 and 5 pens thanks to MC status. Defiler goes down. Genestealers and broodlord engage the obliterators. I keep one out of the fight, manage to get a single wound through, and lose a genestealer. glitzy. My opponent is not happy with the trygons.

Turn 4 -

Both princes move to engage the Prime. My consolidation was a measly two, so I couldn't get anywhere near support. Plague marines chase down the hormies, firing mercilessly into them, finishing them off. The landraider misses trying to kill my R Trygon. Berzerkers charge the trygon and do wonderful in combat, although five die, the powerfist finishes him off. An amazing 2" consolidation ensures they are gant food next turn. Princes assault the prime in what has to be one of the worst displays of luck I have ever seen. Even with warptime, his Tzeentch prince doesn't inflict A SINGLE WOUND. Not. One. That's five attacks with rerolls to hit AND wound. The Khorne prince manages four himself. I put one on the khorne prince. I wasn't expecting to last the round, so that alone made me smile. Obliterators manage to drop two more genestealers, losing one themselves.

I regen one wound off the prime, and one off the R Trygon. R Trygon has been dubbed "New one eye". Left termies pop the last two Berzerkers, leaving the champion cold and alone. Warriors move down a level and blast the plague marines again, another one dies. RTrygon charges the Sons' rhino and noms it. LHormies nom the Champion. My Prime does the unthinkable... he survives ANOTHER round of combat... AND KILLS THE KHORNE PRINCE. Yes. He was assaulted by TWO daemon princes and killed one. He has one wound left at the end of the combat. My genestealers are having serious trouble with the obliterators. I'm trading two wounds to deal one. The broodlord is doing horrible, and making me resent him.

Turn 5 -

The landraider turns around and gets disabled driving over a small part of the wall on the ruins the genestealers are engaged with the obliterators on. The termies hop out and assault the genestealers to boot. The tzeentch prince FINALLY finishes the Prime off, hitting with five and wounding with five, apparently trying to make up lost time. Consolidates towards the last serious fighting, where my genestealers are struggling with his obliterators. I manage to drop a pair of terminators but am down to my BL w/ a wound and like four genestealers.

I finally fail to regen a wound off R Trygon, but it's been so worth it. The hormies run with the swiftness, covering ground along the top of the bombed bunker and moving towards the daemon prince. My warriors advance on the plague marines, gunning them down to three before charging. They are slaughtered and the warriors move towards the last rhino. R Trygon swings around the back end of the building and joins the combat. Together they drop an obliterator and all but the LC terminator.

Turn 6 -

Daemon prince flies over and turns one of my genestealers into a chaos spawn before joining the assault. The Rhino tank shocks my hormies who flee like the punks they are. Assault goes horribly wrong, my broodlord is left so very very alone as the prince takes out his frustration on my R Trygon and the rest of the bullies finish off my failstealers.

Warriors blast the rhino to death, and my broodlord bites it. The game ends.

Tyranid victory.

Much biomass was consumed during this battle, and even more vodka was consumed during the writing of the battle report. Enjoy.

I lol'd. +1 ~Gada
TraceofToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2010, 11:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Battle Report - Tyranids vs Chaos Space MUHRREEEENS 1850

That report is making me seriously consider regeneration and trygons. I already love the prime, but yours was epic in that fight. Nice win.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2010, 11:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
That report is making me seriously consider regeneration and trygons. I already love the prime, but yours was epic in that fight. Nice win.
I attribute a lot of that game to poor rolls on his part. I think I still would have won the game, but it would have been a much closer fight.

I wouldn't take regen in a game over 1850, as I find my Trygons usually make it through the first shooting they are subject to with, at best, 1-2 wounds left. Generally if I can get a wound back with regen, that will be enough for them to survive their assault and keep them locked out of shooting, hopefully finishing the opponent in their phase.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 12:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Very cool report, and a most enjoyable read. Congratulations on the win, and I hope to see more battle reports by you. One thing stood out to me however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceofToxin

Turn 6 -

Daemon prince flies over and turns one of my genestealers into a chaos spawn before joining the assault.
Gift of Chaos is cast at the beginning of your turn, therefore, before movement. He should not have been able to cast it after he moved.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2010, 03:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well then, sucks for me. Didn't make a major difference, so no worries. I'll keep it in mind, however.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 23:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

This is the kind of list that I would worry about. I say that with praise.

Not only you have a high model count, which I approve greatly, you also have massive assault ability as well as good fire support.

Again my compliments to your list.

DE
Old 20 Apr 2010, 12:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonette Embrace
This is the kind of list that I would worry about. I say that with praise.

Not only you have a high model count, which I approve greatly, you also have massive assault ability as well as good fire support.

Again my compliments to your list.

DE
I love the list too, but the terms, melee prime and genestealers haven't performed to the level I'd like. Raveners have been pretty good to me, winged Tyrants have failed pretty horribly, I'm looking at Shrikes with boneswords soon.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 14:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

Very nice batrep! Does your army name come from LoTR, or the band?
Old 20 Apr 2010, 21:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

The band. I totally didn't even know the name was from LOTR
Old 21 Apr 2010, 00:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

Yeah, in Sindarin Amon Amarth means "mountain of fate," aka Mount Doom. One of the guys suggested it and everyone in the band thought it was cool. Good name for an army, too ;D