Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

BA Vs Orks (485 Points) - Date Played?
Old 05 Apr 2010, 08:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni
Default BA Vs Orks (485 Points) - Date Played?

I was helping a friend get into the game. He chose orks for his army. So we picked up an assault on black reach set, he paid for half of it and kept all the ork models. So to familiarize myself better with 5th edition (as I've only played a few games about a year ago) and the new blood angels rules, as well as teach him how to play, this was our first battle.

We played on a small board without terrain
My Stuff
HQ - Reclusiarch with Jump Pack and Flamer Pistol

Troop #1
Assault Squad with jump packs and no wargear

Troop #2
Assault Squad with jump packs and no wargear

Elites Wobba
Furioso Dreadnought with Blood Claws, no upgrades

His Stuff (Assault on Black Reach Orks)
Turn 1
I didn't have range with any guns or distance to close assault so I made sure he didn't get first assault and picked off 1 ork boy with a storm bolter
He moved forward and got lucky shots off with big shootas killing 2/5 of one assault squad in his first turn and shaking my furioso with Deffkoppas
Turn 2
I assault his nobs with the last 2 in my assault squad, his warboss and one boy squad with my chaplain and full squad. I killed 4/5 nobs with the 3 remaining and took no damage. I also got his warboss down to 1 wound and killed a few boys (2 of them made their armor saves though) But lost a few assault squad guys
His turn he had all his boys not in assault join the last nob, and my 3 guys wiffed hard, 1 left failed his save and ran away fine. He had his deffkoptas assault the chaplain group. He picked off a couple assault squad guys but his warboss couldn't get past my chaplains invuln save
Turn 3
Furioso moves forward and shoots the now unoccupied boy squad. Man by himself jumps behind the furioso.
My chaplain wiffs his attacks on the warboss. But I did reduce the boyz down to 4/10. His counterattack has the warboss successfully eatting my chaplain and the rest of his squad killed by the remaining boyz.
His turn. Deffkoptas explode Wobba, everyone else dakkas the last guy to death.

I actually expected it when I chose my list but I didn't exactly feel like making my friend hate the game his first go by throwing rhinos, whirlwinds, heavy bolters, etc, at him for his first game.
We also didn't have the ork codex so we only had the AoBR info to go off.

He likes the game now, I even got him started on painting. He loves the Trukks and wants to check out Ork fluff.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 09:35   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: BA Vs Orks (485 Points)

nice report i aways like it when beginners beat experienced players. but shouldn't this go under the battle reports from of TO.
Corbulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Apr 2010, 10:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to HijiriOni Send a message via MSN to HijiriOni Send a message via Yahoo to HijiriOni

This actually is the battle reports section I believe. The header under it said "Army Lists and Battle Reports"

Unless it's supposed to be "Space Marine Vs Space Marine" or I misread something.

EDIT: Didn't check the stickies before posting, though they need to edit the subforums subtitle. I'll flag for movement.
Old 05 Apr 2010, 17:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to crazyguy832

Cool beans, Hijiri, it's always nice to introduce a newbie to the game.

^_^

Do It! ;D
5th edition stats (W/D/L)
Deathwing: 14/6/3
Tau: 5/0/3
Blood Angels (NEW): 10/1/3
Blood Angels (OLD): 27/5/10
Eldar: 10/0/1
Death Guard: 1/0/0
crazyguy832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 00:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nice of you to not beat his brains out first game . I second the "cool beans"

Sidenote: there's such a thing as a Flamer Pistol ??? cool... learn something new every day eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2010, 04:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Blood Angels only, it's pretty sweet. It's weaker then a regular flamer but it counts as a pistol so you still get +1 attack with it.
Best yet Honour Guards can take 5 of them, or 5 regular flamers. They can also have 5 Infernus Pistols (Melta Pistol)