Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

3-11-10: Chapter Master Seth (Tyranids) VS HiveFleetGoliath (Chaos) 2,000pts
Old 13 Mar 2010, 18:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default 3-11-10: Chapter Master Seth (Tyranids) VS HiveFleetGoliath (Chaos) 2,000pts

[spoiler=Tyranid List]HQ

Hive Tyrant - Winged, 2x Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Hive Commander, Paroxysm, Leech Essence - 265

ELITES

Doom of the Malan'tai - Mycetic Spore - 130
3 Zoanthropes - Mycetic Spore - 220
3 Hive Guard - 150

TROOPS

Tervigon - Cluster Spines, Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands - 185
Tervigon - Cluster Spines, Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands - 185
16 Termagants - 80
15 Termagants - 75

FAST ATTACK

20 Gargoyles - 120
20 Gargoyles - 120

HEAVY SUPPORT

Trygon - Adrenal Glands - 210
Trygon Prime - Adrenal Glands - 250
- 2000[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chaos List]
HQ

Typhus - 225

Elite

3 Terminators - Mark of Nurgle, 1 2x Lightning Claws, 2 Chainfists - 170

Troops

7 Plague Marines - 2x Plasmaguns, Aspiring Champion with a fist and meltabombs, rhino - 271
7 Plague Marines - 2x Plasmaguns, Aspiring Champion with a fist and meltabombs, rhino - 271
7 Plague Marines - 2x Meltaguns, Aspiring Champion with a fist and meltabombs, rhino - 261
7 Plague Marines - 2x Meltaguns, Aspiring Champion with a fist and meltabombs, rhino - 261

Heavy Support

1 Vindicator - Daemonic Possession - 145
1 Vindicator - Daemonic Possession - 145
1 Landraider - Daemonic Possession - 245 (Bought as Transport for Terminators)

[/spoiler]
Mission: Capture and Control
Deployment: Pitched Battle

Typhus and his Elite Deathguard had just made landfall on Osiavo VI. They slowly advanced across the barren wasteland of Osiavo, looking for any signs of life.
"Where the hell is everyone?!" Typhus roared. "You! Sorcerer! Didn't you tell me that there was life on this planet? Don't you make a fool of me!"
"I swear! There should b-" The Sorcerer was cut short on his reply. His body started convulsing and he fell to his knees, shrieking at the top of his lungs. From the top of his forhead to his chin, his head split open and a bright light began bursting through it. The light intensified and eventually enveloped his head. Moments later, the light died down and he was lying on the ground with no signs that he ever even had a head. Typhus looked at the corpse of the sorceror for a while. That was probably one of the wierdest things he ever seen. A Plague Marine came up to him.
"Typhus, we are picking up signs of life, but I don't think..." Typhus snatched the Auspex. There were several large dots and countless smaller ones heading to their position. Suddenly, 2 large dots started fading and eventually disappeared. Typhus turned and started heading to his Landraider.
"Everyone, get to your vehicles and get ready. I think we found what we came for."

Deployment

(First turn was won by me)
I messed up big time with the Deployment. I overestimated distances and didn't get much shooting off the first few turns. However, over at the right side of my deployment I thought I had that in the bag, with Typhus and Terminators and one troop choice to be able to control. I was mistaken. That would be a bloody fight to the very end. I was surpsised with Seth's deployment. He deployed traditional Pitched Battle while I was towards the edges. He did, however, drive a wedge between my army, not that it made much of an impact. It did allow him more flexibilty later in the game. Seth atempts to seize the intitiative, but does not. It is now my...

Turn 1 - HFG

Very little movement this turn. I need to get as many shots off as possible before all hell breaks loose like it usually does. All in all this was probably my worst turn. I did move my rhinos to the hill because besides smoke, thats the only way I will get a cover save. I want him to shoot my vindicator. He needs a 6 to pen, so I thought it was rather safe. I was WRONG.
Turn 1 - Seth

The Hive Guard only move 3" due to Difficult Terrain, which is really good for me. On top of that, both tervigons break after making 9 and 6 Gants each. Most of his army is no longer in cover, so that means easy shooting for a while. One Gargoyle dies from Dangerous Terrain. The Tyrant moves to the other side of the building and he tries to bait me out with the Gargoyles. The Hive Guard attempt to shoot the Vindicator, and only two are in range. He gets 3 hits and 3 6's to pen There was no more vindicator after that.
Turn 2 - HFG

The Landraider Tankshocks its way into the goyles, and the rest of my army continues playing defensively. I can't do much until his reserves come in. We had a rules question: Can I pop smoke and cast Nurgle Rot as it isn't a shooting attack? We agreed that I can, so I do that, killing a considerable amount of Gargoyles, and proceed to pop smoke, and pass the turn.
Turn 2 - Seth

The Trygon Prime, Doom of the Malantai, and the Zoanthropes all come in. The Zoanthropes scatter off the board edge and roll a Misplaced for the Mishap result. They are placed in the far corner behind the Impass BLoS building. The Doom goes in front of the bulk of my army on the objective, as expected, and the Prime pops up in front of all 3 rhinos. The Gargoyles run forward, and the Gants go after the Landraider to block off access points and the prime blows up a Twin-Linked bolter. The Hive Guard blow up a rhino and wounds 6 of 7 Plague Marines with the explosion. Only the Champion dies, which at this point isn't bad. He surrounds my Landraider in assault, and gets 2 pens, both of which are ignored due to Daemonic Possession.
Turn 3 - HFG

Everything that isn't in a transport and is an unsafe proximity to the Doom gets as far away as possible to it. Very little movement, just getting things set up and trying to block him with a wall of Rhinos. 2 Plasmaguns shoot the doom and don't even wound it. One unit shoots 5 Bolters and 2 Meltas, doing 3 wounds on the Trygon, and another does the same only doing 2 wounds. I point out to him that if he was to assault me he would most likely die :P The Vindicator only kills 3 gants, and Typhus hits a LOT of Gants and Gargoyles. Typhus assaults the Hive Tyrant and rolls a 5 for his daemon weapon. He fails to Instant Death it with an 11 for his Psychic Test and it ends as a Tie Combat. The Terminators assault the Tervigon, doing 4 wounds and recieving 1 in return.
Turn 3 - Seth

The Prime still doesn't come in, and the Prime runs away, as expected. The Doom eats 5 guys, but takes 3 for Cataclysm. The Hive Guard blow up yet another Rhino, and the rest of his army runs. The Prime assauts and explodes yet another rhino, killing 8 Gargoyles, Wounding the Doom, and 4 plague marines die from not being able to fit. Gants assault the Termies, doing 6 wounds and kills the Lightning Claws, but the fist dies and Yellow dies completely, and 7 from blue die as well. Both the Tyrant and Typhus wiff in combat.
Turn 4 - HFG

My Landraider was bored, so it chased after some Gargoyles, and the Rhino goes full speed at the objective. The Vindicator starts shooting Gants to lower model count, but barely does anything. Everything runs of of Doom range, and shoots 4 plasma shots at the Prime, doing 4 wounds. It dies. The Doom does nothing, and proceeds to be Melta'd. The Landraider kills 2 Gargoyles and the Plague Marines kill 3 from the other unit of Gargoyles. The Terminators win combat by 1, and another dies. Typhus dies from the Daemon Weapon.
Turn 4 - Seth

The Trygon is automatically in, and the Gants and Tervigon run at the Objective. I realize he only has two synapes creatures left, which is awesome. The Zoans continue thier trek to get back into the fight. The Mycetic Spore kills a Plague Marine. The Gants and Tervigon attempt assault, but only the Gants make it, and I win combat. The Terminators wiff, and it's a tie combat. The Flyrant eats the rhino, and they disembark.
Turn 5 - HFG

The Plague Marine embark the Landraider in a last attempt to get an objective. The Landraider plows through rubble and monsters. A few things die here and there, and everything in combat stays in combat. Very uneventful turn.
Turn 5 - Seth

The Trygon goes at the Landraider, the Tyrant goes at the Terminators, The Gants, Gargoyles, and Hive guard go after the Plague Marine, and the Tervigon go after the objective. 1 Marine dies in the while shooting phase, and the Landraider is stunned, which is ignored, the Plague Marines Sweep the Gargoyles and consolodate 6" towards the Tervigon. One Melta wielding Plague Marine dies, but they still win combat. We roll for the end of the game, and it goes on.
Turn 6 - HFG

Landraider Tankshocks again, and the Plague Marines haul dyi towards the Tervigon and assault it. I get 3 wounds with a powerfist, killing it, but it kills me in return. Nothing happens with the Melta (Now dubbed Tarpit) and I win by 4 in the other combat, and they die from no retreat.
Turn 6 - Seth

He can't fit behind the Landraider and stay 1" from it, so he can't contest the objective. The Zoanthropes actuall kill something, and blow up the Vindicator. The Trygon wrecks the Landraider, and the Plague Marines disembark on top of the objective. We roll for the end of the game again... it does not go on.

Game end

I barely control the objective! Chaos victory!
[hr]
Wow, that was my first batrep. It was a lot more work that I thought it was origonally, but this was an awesome game from start to finish, and if I was to make a batrep for any game, it would be this one. There were many game changing moments that were in both of our favors. Typhus dying from the Daemon Weapon, and my fisting of the Tervigon. If those thing went a little differently I can see this having a totally different outcome. I congratulate Seth for an excellent game, and he helped me with the batrep quite a bit. (He reminded me to take pictures :P)

I hope you injoy it, because I certainly did.

-HFG
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2010, 18:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Chapter Master Seth (Tyranids) VS HiveFleetGoliath (Chaos) Pic Heavy

And I would have won too, if it weren't for your cursed Land Raider. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2010, 19:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Chapter Master Seth (Tyranids) VS HiveFleetGoliath (Chaos) Pic Heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
And I would have won too, if it weren't for your cursed Land Raider. :P
:P Thats why I love it. 14 14 14 tank that ussually moves 12" a turn, and 1/3 of the results are completely ignored, and I could care less about weapon destroyed xD

I love my Landraider.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Quote:
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 19:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

That's not the point though. I penned that overblown armor FOUR TIMES and the worst I did was Stun. That's not supposed to happen. :shifty:
Old 13 Mar 2010, 19:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
That's not the point though. I penned that overblown armor FOUR TIMES and the worst I did was Stun. That's not supposed to happen. :shifty:
well, no it isnt. But a 1, 2, 3 on the damage table mean almost nothing to me. I might be a little bummed if you take off all its guns, but I don't shoot them very often.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14 Mar 2010, 12:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Seemed like a great game.

The best games are nearly always the close one and this looks like one of the closest I have seen.

Brilliant report, I like the images.

- Will
Old 14 Mar 2010, 20:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will of kaos
Seemed like a great game.

The best games are nearly always the close one and this looks like one of the closest I have seen.

Brilliant report, I like the images.

- Will
Thank you! I was really glad when it didn't end on turn 5. Neither of us were even CLOSE to an objective at that point. I bet if it ended on turn 5 we would have kept playing anyway.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14 Mar 2010, 20:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Nah, I go with what the dice say even when it sucks. :P
Old 15 Mar 2010, 03:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Nah, I go with what the dice say even when it sucks. :P
Considering I was actually writing notes for it, I was not going to let it end in a tie.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 15 Mar 2010, 03:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like the idea of putting the lists in spoiler tabs. Can you alter the Chaos list and take out the acronyms, cause I have no idea what MON means and other non-Chaos player probably don't either.

Great use of Vassal too. So, you took pictures while playing and then mapped out the battrep with Vassal? Nicely done, and yes it does take a while to make a report doesn't it? I think its worth it in the end though. You learn a lot about your tactics when you dissect the battle turn by turn.

HFG, you were lucky the game didn't end turn five. You both forgot about the objectives there towards the end.

Have a cookie :cookie: for the both of you, but be nice and share. Hope to see more great battreps from the two of you.

Can you guys modify the title to include the points and date played too.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote