Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

WAARGH Grumgutz vs. Marneus Calgar(!) (1850pts, 2/24) in "Smurfpocalypse!"
Old 28 Feb 2010, 03:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default WAARGH Grumgutz vs. Marneus Calgar(!) (1850pts, 2/24) in "Smurfpocalypse!"

WAARGH Grumgutz vs. Marneus Calgar(!) (1850pts, 2/24) in "Smurfpocalypse!"

Hi All,
First off, sorry for the lack of pics. Things just sort of happened and didn't have my phone handy and well.. there's a lot of excuses. But in the end... no pics. Sorry.
Please take the VASSAL pics as something resembling what happened. Again, they're not 100% of what actually happened, but my closest attempt to replay what turned out to be a really keen game.
Grumgutz isn't in this one, but instead it's Big Mek Wingnut and Ex-Farseer Lorilune/Big Louie vs the TITANIC MIGHT that is Marneus-frickin'-Calgar!
Enjoy!

Best,
-BT

P.S. As usual, C&C is greatly appreciated.

WAARGH Grumgutz Alternate 66 "Hot Dakka!!!"(1850pts): 78 Infantry, 3 Walkers, 2 Vehicles; 11 KPs
Big Mek Wingnut (Big Mek w/KFF)
Ex-Farseer Lorilune, AKA Big Louie (Weirdboy w/Warphead upgrade)
Nobzx7 w/Dokta Chop, PKsx3, BCsx3, Kombi-Skorchasx2, WAARGH Banner, Bosspole (BW Ded. Transport)
Lootasx10
Shootazx25 w/PK Nob, Rokkitsx2
Shootazx25 w/PK Nob, Rokkitsx2
BigToof (DeffDread w/Skorchasx2, counts as Troop)
Da Beast (BW w/Deffrolla, Armor Plates, RPJ, Big Shoota; Ded Transport)
Flash Gitzx9 w/Painboy Redsaw, More Dakka, Shootier, Blastas
Killa Kansx2 w/Grotzookas
Da Big Red Cheez (BW w/Ram, RPJ, Killkannon)

Ultramarines List (with Calgar!!): 38 Infantry, 3 Vehicles; 9-12KPs
Marneus Calgar
Captain w/Relic Blade, Combi-Melta, Bike
TH/SS Assault Termsx7
Bikesx9 w/PF/Combi-Melta Sarge, Meltasx2, MM Assault Bike
Tac Squadx10 w/PF/Combi-Melta Sarge, Melta, Plasma Cannon in EA Rhino
Tac Squadx10 w/PF/Combi-Melta Sarge, Melta, Plasma Cannon in EA Rhino
Land Raider Crusader w/EA, Multi-Melta

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"NO."

"... Are we there yet?"

"NO!"

The bridge of Maximus' Glory II shook with the shout from Chapter Master Marneus Calgar of the Ultramarines. The massive man stood, scowling at the now sheepish-looking Captain Excelsior Maximus of the 5th Company.

"Umm... sorry, Master Calgar. It's just that all this Warp travel really starts to get on your nerves."

Calgar turned his attention back to the datascrolls. Auric IV had been beset by a swarm of Tyranids and an Ork invasion. Although not normally personally involving himself in a matter so far from Ultramar, the Chapter Master was alerted by his intelligence agents that the Swarmlord might be present. Calgar paused as familar scars burned for a moment.

Macragge sempt like a distant memory to most, but Calgar remembered it like it was yesterday. The Swarmlord must fall, no matter what the cost. The Chapter Master peered over at the Captain, who was whistling and bouncing from leg to leg. No matter the cost. Even if it cost him his sanity.

The Fifth company was not his first, second, third... Honestly, it was his LAST choice. But, no other division of the Ultramarines was anywhere near Auric IV, and he hated to admit it, the Captain did have a reputation for being competent. Irritating, but competent. Calgar swore under his breath. When he got back to Ultramar, he would have a personal talk with Telion and find out what exactly went wrong during someone's training...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Battle Barge exited the Warp with a flash of energy. The ship was ready for combat, but Calgar had put them on the far side of the planet. Ordering up scans and communications, the Chapter Master waited.

Captain Excelsior Maximus was enthused. Rather, completely beside himself. Marneus Calgar, THE Marneus Calgar, was sitting on HIS bridge. The Chapter Master himself had chosen him, before ANY of the other Captains (suck on that Sicarius!) to go on a mission to destroy... something.

Maximus scratched his head. He was trying to remember what the Master had said, but he was so enthralled that he had forgotten. Oh, well, it was probably involving Tyranids. The Master hated Tyranids. At least it wasn't Orks.

One of the Astropaths paused and said, "Sir, we have information from planetside."

Maximus nodded, "Oh, ah, good. So, the... Tyranids, right?"

The Astropath paused. It was so hard to tell when the Captain was joking. He was hoping the Captain was joking. "Yes... sir. The Tyranid invasion has been broken."

Maximus started, "WHAT? Those little... How? Don't tell me that Creed is down there. If he somehow got all the way from Cadia again, I swear I'll..."

The Astropath shook his head. "No sir, not the Guard. It appears that the Space Wolves were here."

Maximus swore. Stupid, stupid wolves! Those stinky, dirty savages with their belching, scratching, flea-ridden hides! They were almost as bad as Orks!

The Astropath continued, "Sir? The Orks are still there though."

The Captain paused. He slowly turned, slightly pale. "Orks? What... kind of Orks?"

Again, the Astropath paused. "The Orks are broadcasting in a number of languages sir. They say that they are part of a... WAARGH Grumgutz."

Everyone on the bridge turned when they heard the girlish scream, and looked over to see Maximus hiding behind a steering column.

The Captain looked around. "Uh, umm..."

Marneus Calgar walked over. "What is it? Where are the Tyranids?"

Maximus said, "Umm, sorry sir. They've been umm... driven off."

The Chapter Master paused, nodding to himself.

"Uh, but it's because sir, well, it's nothing really, I..."

Maximus then paused. It was a grand opportunity! Never before had Grumgutz faced the awesome and invulnerable might of THE Marneus Calgar. Surely with some convincing the Chapter Master could easily help him take apart his hated rival.

"What I mean to say is, sir, that there's a massive Ork WAARGH that took them apart."

Calgar turned with a careful eye on the Captain.

"You mean to tell me, that a group of Orks drove off a Tyranid invasion so completely?"

Maximus nodded, "Yes, oh yes, sir. You have to understand, I've... uh, engaged this creature before. This Warlord Grumgutz. He's completely insane, bloodthirsty, and will stop at nothing to destroy the universe. I, uh... believe his aspirations to destroy Ultramar sir."

Calgar's eyes widened. "Ultramar? This creature dares to threaten Ultramar?"

Not directly, admitted Maximus, but why let something like the truth stand in the way?
"Yes, sir. He's a right nasty creature. He uses even legions of... of psychic Orks. I saw them myself. Truly horrible things. They probably drove off the Tyranids."

Calgar nodded again. A new mutation. Dangerous.
"Very well Captain, alert the Astropaths and the Librarians, I want the entire planet covered with scans. If there's a pocket of psychic energy, I want it found. We will find this psychic Ork brigade and bring it down."

Maximus' eyes widened, "Uh, sir, but what about the Warlord himself, surely if we want to destroy the WAARGH we'll have to..."

Marneus Calgar straightened up and looked the Captain in the eyes.
"Are you questioning ME, Captain?"

Flop-sweat rolled down the face of Maximus.
"Uh, no sir! Scans commencing post-haste! We'll find those psychic Orks straight away!"

Maximus ran off the bridge. Oh, he hoped that psychic Orks existed. If not, he was going to be in a LOT of trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-Farseer Lorilune surveyed the destruction. She heard chuckling in her direction, and frowned at Big Mek Wingnut. The Orks had been having a good laugh at her expense ever since that Tyranid incident. She had zapped a few of them and scalded a bunch of Grots to the bone, but it didn't silence them entirely. And she hadn't evened things up with Wingnut. Yet. She sighed. Being saddled with the overly ostentacious Flash Gitz (Bad Moonz Clan "Friends" of the Fab Four) was also rather bothersome. The large Orks liked to show off and try and impress everyone, especially Lorilune, who wasn't impressed with all of their primitive swagger. The Eldar had practically perfected that particular aspect, and all of the gold-ridden teeth in the universe wasn't going to make her do more than raise an irritated eyebrow.

The Tyranids had all apparently fled in the last few days, disappearing like the morning dew. Lorilune shook her head. It was amazing. Whatever had happened, the aliens had compeltely evacuated the planet. The local PDF remains had all either gone underground or left the planet. Clearly, there was nothing left to fight. The Orks were getting bored, and about to leave the planet, which was fine with Lorilune. The quicker she was away from this horrid bit of rock, the better.

Suddenly, the sky darkened, and all of the Orks looked up, hoping to see another rain of Mycenic Spores (except, of course, Big Louie). But instead of organic pods, they saw Thunderhawks! Blue Thunderhawks decending from the sky. They landed and disgorged a number of vehicles and Space Marines.

Oh, joy, thought Lorilune, just perfect. Why here? Why now? And why me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission: Command and Control
Setup: Pitched Battle
Terrain: Ruins and Trees

Pre-Game Thoughts: Oh, this is not the list I wanted to try out Flash Gitz with. Sorry Lorilune! A small, nasty list, Mech and Bikes with Papa Smurf himself, Marneus-freakin'-Calgar!

I've never played against Calgar, really and he's in a Mega-Death-Star with that Land Raider Crusader. Oh, and there's a LOT of melta. A LOT. Still, relatively few guys. Hmm, hope things will work out. Maybe I can shoot them up before they ride all over me...

Setup: Setup is a bit weird, with a big ruin in the center, a smaller ruin in the back and off to one side.
The Orks win the roll, and I decide to setup first. The small buildings are the only ones in the relative deployment zones, and knowing Marines, he'll want those perches. I decide to take the side with the more centralized ruin, giving me LOS down both sides, and hopefully away from that small ruin that is no doubt going to be filled with Marines post-haste.
I decide to put the Lootas in the top story of the building, and put both Battlewagons in the bottom floor. I put the Kans to the left, BigToof to the right, and spread out both units of Shootas around the flanks. I put the Ork objective in the front and center, right in front of the Lootas' building.

The Marines setup much faster, putting (as I thought) both split Tac squads with PC's in the far off right building. The bikes split and hide behind the buildings near the rear of the Marines' deployment zone. I get the feeling he's going to try and move through cover to zap me Turn 2. The LRC goes down sideways (?) next to the PC building at the front of the Marines' deployment zone with both Rhinos behind it to deny LOS.

Picture Caption: Hmm, right, at least we have them outnumbered... Gads, that is a scary Death Star.

The marines fail to seize, and the game is on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marneus Calgar surveyed the area from within his Land Raider. The Orks had taken up positions and needed to be driven off. Strange, he thought looking around. There wasn't any signs of any unusual Ork bands. Still, the Orks were full of surprises and...
A sudden squeal from his communicator brought his attention.

"Yes?"

The frantic, excited voice of Captain Maximus yelled back, "Sir! Sir! I can't believe what I just saw! It's a female, sir! A female Ork!"

Calgar paused.
"Captain. The Orks are unisexual. They do not form..."

"Yes, sir! That's what I thought so too! But this one's definitely female! Sort of... cute too. <pause> In an entirely heretical, bad, bad Xenos sort of way, Sir!"

Calgar paused. A female looking Ork. Very strange indeed.

Maximus continued, "Don't you see, sir! It's not spores after all! The Orks have one female per WAARGH! She must be the source of all of them! If we destroy her, the Orks will have no way to reproduce and we'll have won! We'll have won!"

Calgar rubbed his temples. Maximus' reputation was not, in any way, exaggerated.
Still, no matter what that strange-looking Ork was, it was imparitive that they prevent their escape and disable the Xenos here. Calgar nodded. It could be done... as long as everyone keeps their heads on straight...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn 1: Orks
Well, the Battlewagons shift around quite a bit, with Da Cheez with Louie and the Flash Gitz moving forward out of the building. Da Beast rolls to the left, keeping parallel with the deployment line. The Shootas move out of the way to accomadate the huge Wagon. The Kans move up to the front of Da Beast. BigToof and the Shootas move into the Lootas building.
It's like a big shift around to be short.

Now to Shooting! Lorilune passes her psychic test and makes a WAARGH... uh, thanks.
The Killkannon fires at the bikes, and it's just in range, hitting square on the Assault Bike squad and downing a few. The Flash Gitz fire up with AP3 (good enough) and down the other two normal bikers and wound the Attack Bike. Dok Redsaw works overtime and I make my Gets Hots wound rolls just barely (wow, that's dangerous).
The Lootas fire out to the right and get 30(!) shots, wounding the Captain and taking down the Sarge and another biker.

The Kans run forward a few inches.

I wait hopefully for the morale checks, but he tells me that Calgar lets him decide the results of all his morale checks. Oh. That's... so I just have to destroy them ALL then.

Picture Caption: Right, so this is going to be a lesson in complete annihilation.

Turn 1: Marines
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain Maximus looked shocked at his shot-up bike squads. What were those Orks shooting at him with ? And how were they hitting?

He looked down and winced a bit, checking his wound. It wasn't anything to worry about too much, unlike poor Ganders next to him who had taken a round to the head (and chest, and arm, and leg). Still, he had to get that female Ork! It would stop the WAARGH, and he would have Grumgutz's woman!

Maximus paused for a second.

He'd never thought of the possibility of perhaps breeding Orks. If perhaps the female Ork coud be tamed (it was fairly comely after all), then perhaps they could setup Ork breeding pens throughout the Galaxy. If correctly trained, they could even be a force for the Imperium.

Yes, thought Maximus, yes! This is where his true opportunity for glory would start! This is where he would change the universe!

He gunned his engine and yelled, "To me, my Brothers! Take them apart and get me my prize! Tally Ho!"

The Space Marines can't believe that I downed so many with shooting, and decide to try and teach me a lesson. The Bikes decide to turbo boost, but then realize that they can't turbo through cover... They consider going through cover, but the dangerous terrain tests again make them reconsider (this was a really long back and forth with the movement, but I understand, I've played Beakies now ). They finally decide to turbo around the big piece of cover, the Captain and the meltas to the right and the Assault bike to the left.

And then... this is where the cheez gets pulled out. The LRC rotates and then rolls forward. The rotation is important, and it shows up a bit later. The Rhinos follow afterwards and dutifully pop smoke.

One of the Plasma Cannons tries to fire at the Lootas but is just short. (Huzzah!) The other decides to fire at the Kans, but fails to penetrate.

The LRC then fires it's multi melta... and is within 12"? It's a bit weird considering that I was running parallel to the deployment lines and he was 24" away...

I give him an odd look, and he explains to me the "rotation trick," in which the LRC (which is rectangular), rotates on it's center before moving 12", essentially gaining a few more inches. Just enough for Multi-Melting on Turn 1. Ouch.

However, the gods of Warhammer seem displeased, as he hits but fails to pen...

Picture Caption: That's just... dirty pool. Dirty, dirty pool... Wait, I'm playing Orks...

Turn 2: Orks
Hmm, so... Da Beast (and it's Deff-Rolla) is now <12" from the LRC? It's Deff-Rolla time! (cue pumped up 80's music)

The Kans move out of the way as Da Beast rolls forward, smashing into the vehicle and exploding it!

Marneus Calgar and his mates fall out, losing one Terminator in the debris. He decides not to be pinned (roll eyes). The Shootas on the left move forward, looping around to get LOS to the Terminators. Lorilune moves her Wagon around to get shots at the Terms as well and keep her Front Armor towards the PCs.

And the Right Shootas see the Captain out there and everyone clambors forward as much as Orkily possible. Clearly the Beakies do not respect Ork shooting... yet.

The right Shootas open up the Shooting phase in style, downing the Melta bikers and the Captain. The lone, normal biker remains.

Then, everyone, everyone fires at Calgar and the Terminators. The Kans, the Flash Gitz (with AP2!), the left Shootas and the Lootas all fire at the Terms and down... EVERYONE... except for Marneus-freakin'-Calgar. (Gah!)

Da Big Red Cheez also fires it's Killkannon at the PC building, hitting it square on and downing a few marines from each squad (shrug). Calgar still lives, so they decide to stay (that is getting frustrating).

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Louie makes a Warpath (shrugx2).

Picture Caption: CALGAR. WON'T. DIE.

Turn 2: Marines
The Marines in their Boxes realize that they must, must destroy Da Beast before it Deff-Rolls more. The Attack Bike moves to the left, the Rhinos roll forward a bit, and Calgar moves to the left, making sure to be as close as possible for the "eventual" assault.

The Attack Bike fires first, hits, pens, but the KFF saves it! (whew!)

A bit surprised, he fires one Rhino's melta and combi-melta, hitting once, penning, but the KFF saves Da Beast again! (huzzah!)

Truly irked the second Rhino fires again with melta and combi-melta getting one pen again, but AGAIN the KFF works overtime and stops the action!

One of the PC has a bead on the Wagon's side armor (it's sort of debatable, but I decide to let it go). It hits, but fails to penetrate.

The Ultramarine player throws his hands up in the air in frustration, but decides to do one last hail mary play and has Calgar assault the Battlewagon. Unfortunately, the Wagon was moving a bit too fast, and Calgar wiffs entirely.

Oh, but he does manage to blow up one Kan with the other Plasma Cannon...
And not to be forgotten, that last Biker decides to try and do some damage and fires into the Lootas, but the Lootas make their cover save without too much trouble.

Picture Caption: KFF. Your friend. My friend. Best Friends Forever!

BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 03:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: WAARGH Grumgutz vs. Marneus Calgar(!) (1850pts, 2/24) in "Smurfpocalypse!"

Turn 3: Orks
Now it's time to give out the hurt!

The Attack bike is nicely within Kan assault range. The single Kan moves up getting ready to assault.

Da Beast still wants to crush more and zooms forward, hitting one Rhino and blowing it up. The Tank Shock keeps going, but the Marine player throws his melta-gunner in the way...
Oops. He passes the morale check due to Calgar and then with a double 6 gets a pen and then with ANOTHER 6, explodes the Wagon. (Awww...) Well, it was fun while it lasted. One Nob takes a flesh wound from the explosion. Calgar just gets a bit of soot on him. And the mighty Deff-Rolla's 2d6 goodbye hits downs... one Marine. 3+ armor is SUCH a pain at times...

Wingnut and the Nobs get out, unpinned from the rubble with one flesh wound on a Nob. The left Shootas move up on Calgar, getting ready to give him some massive Ork shooting. Lorilune maneuvers a bit lining up a shot.

And then shooting begins!

Big Louie makes a Zzap! (wow) and that with a horde of AP1 shots from the Flash Gitz just vaporize the Rhino. None of the marines are harmed, and since Calgar is alive (say it with me), the Marines decide to pass their morale check.

However, this is the last turn for Calgar, as the left shootas fire and bury the Chapter Master under a mountain of Dakka! (in truth, he barely fails his 2+ saves). The right Shootas continue the Dakka frenzy and down the last of the Bikers.

Da Big Red Cheez fires it's Killkannon again at the entrenched Plasma Cannon crew and takes down a few more. The Lootas fire out at the same PC and finally start putting a dent in them as one PC falls. Still, there's about a half dozen or so marines left, but one less heavy weapon really takes the pressure off.

And then Wingnut looks a bit sheepishly, but Lorilune smiles and declares the WAARGH!
The Nobz grab Wingnut and drag the poor Big Mek into combat with BOTH Tactical Squads. The Squads strike first, doing a flesh wound to another Nob, but more imporantly, the PF Sarges (who were in the back), manage to get a bead on poor Wingnut and Super-Uppercut him into the dirt. Lorilune gives off one of her Eldar smirks. The Nobz though, manage to eradicate one Tac Squad and drop the other down to three Marines. The Marines this time choose to flee
They get away, but not too far. The Orks follow after them, easily moving to within 1" of the fleeing squad, and more importantly, closer to the objective.

Oh, and the Kan easily smashes the Attack Bike into the ground.

Picture Caption: Oh, Wingnut... That's gotta hurt...

Turn 3: Marines
The Marines decide that something has to be done, if only to keep their position. The Tac Squad keeps running back, but again, not too far.

The PC crew fire at the Nobz, but it deviates wildly... onto the Tac Squad! They're out in the open and two are vaporized, leaving only the Sarge. <Insert Marine facepalm here>

The rest of the marines bolter into the Nobz, but don't do very much.

Turn 4: Orks
The last sargeant continues to fall back, this time off the table.

Lorilune and her crew, now confident that all the melta is gone, prance forward in their Battlewagon. The left Shootas move up. The Kan moves forward. The Nobz move forward towards the Marine objective as well.

Things look pretty rosy... until Lorilune gets too danged Eldar-overconfident and decides to deep strike! (I use the Warphead re-roll to try and convince her cheekiness not to DS, but it comes up a 5 again...) They land, luckily safely away from any mishap spots, and within shooting distance of the last few marines.

Shooting is decently ugly, and both Marine squads go to ground to try and survive. They almost do, as the Kan, Lootas, Shootas, Flash Gitz, and the Killkannon fire in and JUST do enough to finish off the Marines (wow, they're danged tough!).
Oh, and I actually lose two (one was previously wounded) Gitz to my OWN Get Hot rolls, as I can't seem to roll above a 3, but luckily, it's short of needing a morale check (whew).

Picture Caption: Louie! Don't get too overconfi... Ok, they're all gone now. Prance around freely.

With the last of the blue beakies down, the day belongs to the Orks!

Result: Ork Victory!

Post-Game Thoughts:
Actually surprised I pulled this one out the way I did. I'm still a bit irked at that rotation trick, but now that I know about it, I'll compensate more. Still, pretty nasty concept.
Lorilune and company did well. I'm not sure if the Flash Gitz did better than her Tankbusters usually do, but it was fun vaporizing Rhinos with AP1. Still, the Gitz do have the potential to harm themselves and I actually did lose a few in that last volley. Still, it was enough to do what they needed to do. Still, almost fleeing from overheating your weapons is just... just... I don't know, certain words come to mind...
But the list is die-hard shooty, and the Marine player had AWFUL luck (or I had good luck?) in that the KFF was working it's usual magic.
And it feels so nice to Deff-Roll 100% legally now

Wingnut shook his head, what in zoggin' heck had hit him? Looking up, he saw Dokta Kutta arguing with the new Dok Redsaw about which saw should be used to cut him open (it was a tough call between the one that was jagged with spikey bitz or the crooked one with lots of barbed hooks). Self-preservation kicked in and Wingnut rolled off the table and ran out of the Dok's tent before the Grots could alert the others.

Wingnut ran as far as his legs could carry him, just in case the Doks decided to try and catch their "patient," and eventually collapsed in a heap behind a bunch of rocks. Gasping for air, he heard a familiar tinkling laugh. Looking up, he saw the familiar, irritating form of Ex-Farseer Lorilune perched above him.

"What's the matter, my dear comrade? The mediations of your churgeons not to your taste?"

Wingnut snorted, "You! You did dis ta me! What's the deal 'bout soundin' the WAARGH? Dat's what I's do! I have half a mind ta..."

The strange Eldar landed on her feet, and jabbed Wingnut with her staff. "You'll do nothing of the sort. We're in the aftermath of a major victory, and we've proven the veracity of our abilities. It's not my fault that you're barely competent in hand to hand combat."

Wingnut scowled, "Barely... I kan whip ya, you know that..."

Lorilune smiled, "And then what? Prove that you can beat up an Eldar? Oh, dear. How surprising. But injuring me would cause a loss for the WAARGH. And maybe upset dear, dear Grumgutz."

The name of the Warlord sent chills down the Big Mek's spine, and he sheepishly backed down.

He was about to walk away, when he felt a strange touch on his shoulder, and saw Lorilune holding something. It was one of the Head Beakie's Power Klaws. He took it, a bit surprised at the Eldar, who smirked, turned up her nose and looked away.

"Don't think that I'm going soft on you. You're just the barest excuse for company that I happen to have here. And... well... I'd rather not have the reputation for taking down the Chapter Master of the Ultramarines. That my dear comrade... is a double-edged sword that is all yours..."

Wingnut took the strange guantlet, smiled, and nodded. Again, Panzee speak was hard to get through, but it was clear that Big Louie was givin' up all the goods to him. Hmmph, thought the Big Mek, maybe Louie's not as smart as everyone says.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 10:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: WAARGH Grumgutz vs. Marneus Calgar(!) (1850pts, 2/24) in "Smurfpocalypse!"

Nice report there Bigtoof, glad to see Wingnut and Louie back together on the table. Sounds like a sneaky move there on behalf of the LRC, too sneaky for a beakie.
Death star characters. I just don't like them. Luckily they're actually easier to destroy than people make them out to be. And of course that "We choose what happens to our morale checks" just stinks of soft blue cheese, Yuk!

Anyway, I'm glad you pulled off a decent win there, there is no army I'd rather see you krump than a Calgar army.

So, I see you're continuing to try out things that other people would tend to ignore. Flash Gitz this time eh? And what do you make of them? The Gets Hot rolls may not have helped you at all but it sounds like the AP rolls did.

Good to see the victory as usual and I can't wait for the next one.

Job's a good'un!!
Old 28 Feb 2010, 10:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hey 'Toof! Enjoyed your Battle report!

Nice fluff, by the way, up to your usual standards! And the Deff-rolla rules must be good to have, legally this time. Oh, and that KFF seems to save you, and every other ork player, too many times for what it does...

Darth_Riah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 12:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

You won, with orks... I am amazed : ;D

Good report though.

Marneous Calgar is one tough cookie. But you crumbled him!!

- Will
Old 28 Feb 2010, 15:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammerz
Nice report there Bigtoof, glad to see Wingnut and Louie back together on the table. Sounds like a sneaky move there on behalf of the LRC, too sneaky for a beakie.
Death star characters. I just don't like them. Luckily they're actually easier to destroy than people make them out to be. And of course that "We choose what happens to our morale checks" just stinks of soft blue cheese, Yuk!

Anyway, I'm glad you pulled off a decent win there, there is no army I'd rather see you krump than a Calgar army.

So, I see you're continuing to try out things that other people would tend to ignore. Flash Gitz this time eh? And what do you make of them? The Gets Hot rolls may not have helped you at all but it sounds like the AP rolls did.

Good to see the victory as usual and I can't wait for the next one.

Job's a good'un!!
Hi Cammerz!
Glad you liked the fluff! I always know that I'll have a fun time when Lorilune's on the table, so even though it was pretty tense it was fun.
The Calgar army was more annoying than anything else. The death star was almost half his points, and I think it really showed when there were so few models on the table...
That rotation trick... it still bothers me. I don't think he thought of it himself, as he said he heard it somewhere. It just... seems so wrong as you could really get a first round Multi-Melta on someone who didn't know...
The Flash Gitz were more fun than anything. The chances of getting AP3 or less is pretty fun against marines, as they're always surprised that they have to make cover saves vs Ork shooting
Yes, if anything, this list made my opponent fear Ork shooting capability (that, and Deff-rollas).
I'm glad this game seems so well recieved. I have a few others that don't have IRL pics either, and maybe I should put them up if VASSAL seems workable for everyone...
Thanks again for the complements!

Best,
-BT
Old 28 Feb 2010, 15:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Riah
Hey 'Toof! Enjoyed your Battle report!

Nice fluff, by the way, up to your usual standards! And the Deff-rolla rules must be good to have, legally this time. Oh, and that KFF seems to save you, and every other ork player, too many times for what it does...
Ah, yes the KFF, just a wonderful thing to have. It's saved me so many times, it's hard to imagine life without it! (Actually it's not, it involves getting shot... a lot).
And I'm glad you like the fluff! I wasn't sure if it was too tongue-in-cheek, as Maximus is a big pile of drama cheez, but I hope he's fun. And Lorilune is just... she just gets even. Watch out!

Best,
-BT
Old 28 Feb 2010, 15:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will of kaos
You won, with orks... I am amazed : ;D

Good report though.

Marneous Calgar is one tough cookie. But you crumbled him!!

- Will
Calgar is tough, but krump-able like all beakies if you force them to roll enough dice, the 1's do pop up. Sometimes in droves
I really did want to try hitting him with AP2 or less with the Gitz, but well, you can't have everything I suppose

Best,
-BT
Old 28 Feb 2010, 16:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Very nice battle.

Flash Gitz definatly earning 'der teef for that battle.

Did Louie just give Wingnut one of the Gauntlets of Ultramar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2010, 16:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Very nice battle.

Flash Gitz definatly earning 'der teef for that battle.

Did Louie just give Wingnut one of the Gauntlets of Ultramar?
Thanks for the reply!
The Flash Gitz, I just realized, are what really put him on his back feet on Turn 1. I think he thought they were just Tankbusters or something, and didn't consider them a threat. They did decently well, shooting whatever I needed to have taken down, and AP1 is always nice Still, they're SUBSTANTIALLY expensive what they do, and I really felt that I needed every shot...

To answer your question: Yes, Louie just gave Wingnut one of the Gauntlets of Ultramar.
Wingnut doesn't realize that this may NOT be the best thing to carry around...

Best,
-BT