Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Red 'Orde (Orks) Vs. Borkhan (Tau) - 750 Points
Old 15 Feb 2010, 14:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Red 'Orde (Orks) Vs. Borkhan (Tau) - 750 Points

The recent sightings of the Tau movement at the cold depths of the Ice Planet Bro'leau was a stunning discovery by the scouts of the Red 'Orde. It was a fight that the 20th Bork'an Firewarriors led by Shas'O Obunaga who fell victim into the green hands of the devious and kunnin' High Boss Schtajin Coldheart.

[hr]
=Red 'Orde=
Warboss x 1 = 105
-PK
-Attack Squig
- 'Eavy Armor

Lootas x 10 = 150

Ork 'Ard Boyz Trukkers x 11 = 130
-Nob
-Bosspole

Trukk = 45
-RPJ
-Ram

Ork Shoota Boyz x 20 = 150
-Big Shootas x 2
- Shootas
-Nob
-Big Choppa
-Boss Pole

Deff Koptas x 2 = 95
-Buzzsaw x 1

Lobbas x 3 = 75

=20th Bork'An=
1 x Shas'o Xv 8 Battlesuit = 133 Pts
-Cyclic Ion Blaster
-Burst Cannon
-Targeting Array
-Hard-wired Multi-tracker
-Iridium Armor

10 x Firewarrior +2 Drones = 167 Pts
- Shas'ui
- Photon Grenades
- Hardwired Drone Controller
- Marker Drone
- Shield Drone

10 x Firewarrior +2 Drones = 167 Pts
- Shas'ui
- Photon Grenades
- Hardwired Drone Controller
- Marker Drone
- Shield Drone

2 x XV88 Broadside Battlesuits = 165 Pts
-Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle x 1
-Team Leader
-Hard-wired MultiTracker

[He's fairly new as well, he just started later than I do and he's soaking up some knowledge, he's actually proxying his army while he's figuring out what he needs, but he insisted on going with the current set up. So I let him eventhough point wise he's less than I do actually. Again, it's really newbie friendly match.]

[hr]

In the morning of your typical thundering icy weather presents another day for the Orks, who had just finish assembling up and reinforced the battered Schtajin's Grinders (Lootas) and a half-derelict Rhino which the Mekboyz managed to convert and strip into your bony frame of a simple but fast Trukk. Boyz were moving up and down across the snow field to arm themselves with all the weapons they could find from the armorer Grots. Red 'Orde's unique society of freedom of classes make every Orks feel special in its way without exposing a sense of hatred among their battle brothers, albeit they may be some headbashing due to quarreling over who can have the flashier bits for their shootas. Even the Grots can maintain their independency without the need of a painful prod to the posterior to instill common working class among them. Everyone must fight, this is how Schtajin worked their boyz.

This is the AAR (After Action Report) by Smartnob 'Ardileg of the Red 'Ordes "Shoota Battalion".

"Now, I may not be the smartest Nob of all the 'Orde but I can tell you when the boss sense a krumpin' coming about."

"And E's right about it, dat kunning boss. Them fish 'eads were sneakin' about with their boots deep in freezing snow and trying to move somewhere. Boss said they're trying to take a fight to us boyz, and I can tell yous that after we had new Boyz and "refurmation", we were eager to fight, especially them suit up boyz in those trukk with the boss man himself."

"Every lad wants to get stuck in. It is only fair."

"But then I was finkin'. We were smaller than other Ork klans that mucks about everywhere from where I see it, but we had our boss to lead us. Even the scaredy Grots gets to fight 'ard, and that makes everyone raise their choppas high. We klobber them good today"

The Battle of First 'Ordes started with deployments of the Fish'ead who knew we were coming first. [He rolled higher than me.] They get to move into firing position, with two 10 Men Squad and Shield Drones, they were ready to blow away anything with their battle hardened marksmanship and better technology. Meanwhile, beside their static defense line were massive XV88's Battlesuits, railguns are primed and charged, ready to give out what Tau has to offer. Their Shas'O, leading the Broadsides were hoping that with his leadership, he can best the enemy with superior tactical ingenuity. [He attached his Shas'O with the Broadsides for some reason]

"Boss Schtajin scouted the battlefield and told me: 'Ardi, we be flanking them blueboyz with the Penal Legion ('Ard Boyz Trukker) and you move up those Shoota Battalion to cover them. Those rocks can give yous boyz some proper covah."

'Ardileg took a sweeping look and thought that the terrains are giving the Orks and Tau an advantage, with the small mountainous ridge in the middle of the field giving no field of vision to neither sides, and the rocky patch leading along the ridge gives some nice cover, but will be expose completely if unwise.

"Right boss, we get stuck in now?"

[I seized the initiative and rolled a 6. My opponent was stunned. :P ]

"Let's get stuck in, Ardi. URAAAGH!!"

First Turn:

Orks>
The Shoota Battalion moved into the rocky cover and dug in, provided some nice shelter [+4 Cover Save]. Since they're still behind the impassable terrain, it's all blocked. The Trukk with the Warboss and 'Ard Boyz moved at cruising speed ahead, just behind the ridge. The 3 Red Grots Arghtileri (Lobbas) manage to pound the gun line with 2 direct hits and one miss. Wounding 2 and passed a pinning test. Schtajin Grinders gave them some 48" of showering dakkas. 2 Shots Rate of Fire and wounded 3. They took a morale test and failed. They legged it behind.

Tau>
Being as stubborn as he is, his army didn't move a single bit. However, two Broadsides had clear sights of the Lootas and unleashed a beam of hot laser, splitting two Lootas into atoms and beyond.

Turn 2:

Orks>
Schtajin tried to call in the Stormovik Boyz (Deffkoptas) for help, they decided they needed more Squigka to boost their courage. They're back at home still, those pretty (lazy) flyboyz. The Trukk moved flat out into the direction of the Tau Firewarriors. Slogging the Battalion further out from cover. The Arghtileri dropped more home made explosives, despite direct hits on the Broadsides, he saved them all easily.

Tau>
Obunaga saw the opportunity and direct their squad's full attention to empty their Pulse Rifle into Shoota Boyz who ran from the cover. They shot 7 times and wounded 3 Boyz. Not even the Dok can save them from the fire. The Tau Broadsides, still confident of their ability to disrupt the Lootas, shot twice, missing once, wounding another. It was a moment slow victory for the Tau.

Turn 3:

Orks>
Reinforcements had arrived. Coming in low with their buzzing saw and big shootas, the Stormovik managed to come from the right side of the battlefield, directly into the Broadside to engage in assault. I got 11 Shoota Boyz in view of one of the Tau Firewarriors. The Boyz, seeing the opportunity, fired their shootas like madboyz on a Friday Night. 20 shots of Shootas and 3 from Big Shoota. The damage inflicted was severe, losing about 2-3 more Firewarrior and failed their morale check, ran towards the table edge, complete annihilation. The Koptas managed to deal 1 wound each to the Broadsides thanks to the Buzzsaw.

Tau>
One of the Tau Firewarrior, disbelieving in their leader's ability, ran off 11" off the edge of the table and was routed. Leaving only one half-strength Firewarrior squad and 2 Broadsides with the Shas'O, the Firewarrior shot some more to the advancing Shoota Boyz. Injuring 2 more and the assault continues with the Deffkoptas. The Commander dealt a wound on the Koptas which was saved from the toughness of the engineering marvel of the Mekboy. In actuality, it's just more plates welded onto the cockpit.

Turn 4:

Orks>
Victory was at hand, the Orks was in awe that they actually shoot better than 'umies and Fish'eads.. The Trukk ran 13" into the Firewarrior, proceeds to unload the deadly cargo from the Trukk-

[hr]

Oh. The Fish'eads surrendered. Knowing a battle lost, the Tau retreated from combat and the victor, the Red 'Orde cheered the cheers of their way. Uraagh!!

They tend proceeds to drink squigkas with Tau dead bodies surrounding the fire, building the warmth, and the Grots came out from their gunline battery and proceeds to scuffle each other for the flashier shoota. Meanwhile, High Boss Coldheart, saddened that he didn't get to krump anything of value, sighed that he cannot for once, promise even himself that he can smack the enemy, instead of his own Boyz for the value of fun and war.

However, the war's not over. He's still gonna krump some more heads anyways.

"That's wot I fink it happened, eventhough I was mostly buried under snow and yellin' at them boyz to buck up their shootas or it's no squigroast tonight. The lads were laughin' that the Fish'ead were dancin' all the time from our shootas too. It was a victory that every Boy from the Red 'Orde will remember. Until the next fight."

[hr]
It was great fun that my list worked perfectly well, complimenting each other on their support, my opponent wasn't doing so well, I admitted that, but it was still fun that he managed to gawk at the 6 I threw at the "Seize the initiative" and failed an Armor Save for the Broadside. He's a tough opponent to beat if he had more Firewarriors in my opinion. I hope I written well for my first battle report, it's been a long while since I wrote something that resembles a long emo ranting blog.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 17:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Red 'Orde (Orks) Vs. Borkhan (Tau) - 750 Points

Hi

Nice one on the win. ;D

However I do not undrstand why he did not shoot the trukk with his broadsides.

One other thing is could you add the army lists you were playing to the top of the report please?

Nice report though.

W o K
Old 15 Feb 2010, 18:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ah,alright, thanks for reminding me. I'll add it up now.

He didn't shoot the Broadsides because my Deffkoptas was engaging in assault with it from outflanking. :P

In regards to another thread related to this, my friend is devastated at his set up, so he's considering mechanizing his army with kroots I think. I guess 5ed isn't friendly with Tau anymore.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 18:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobb
Ah,alright, thanks for reminding me. I'll add it up now.

He didn't shoot the Broadsides because my Deffkoptas was engaging in assault with it from outflanking. :P

In regards to another thread related to this, my friend is devastated at his set up, so he's considering mechanizing his army with kroots I think. I guess 5ed isn't friendly with Tau anymore.
Thanks very much, it is much better now.

And well done again.

W o K