Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle Report Intel Gathering
View Poll Results: Would you take ~15 minutes out of your day to watch a Battle Report video?
Yes 22 62.86%
No 6 17.14%
Maybe So 7 20.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03 Feb 2010, 23:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Battle Report Intel Gathering

The question I have for you, members of Tau Online, is would you watch a video that ran approximately 15-20 minutes long that looked something like this? Note that this is by no means a finished product, just something that I threw together in ~15 minutes. If we decide to go this route, it would be much more polished and detailed, with voice over, transitions, and perhaps some nice sound effects.

Thanks for your time!
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 23:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Battle Report Intel Gathering

(I was always under the impression that you had to disembark before assaulting from a LR.)

Nevertheless, that didn't take long at all, so anyone can knock this favor out in 15 or less.
[hr]

I like the presentation, but I want to see lasers/blasts/etc. when actually attacking the units, not just disappearing/flaming stuff.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 23:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Of course . Like I said, this was just a really rough mock up of what a report like this would look like.
Old 03 Feb 2010, 23:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to PsyBomb Send a message via Yahoo to PsyBomb

I'll agree with Ender. As long as it showed what was firing which gun and had some key at the beginning or end as to which unit was which which, I'd love it.

Snow Forces of T'olku Sept: 3/4/2
... I like to think I'm learning, though
PsyBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2010, 23:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well there'd also be voice overs telling play-by-plays...

I.E. "Land Raider fires its Multi Melta at the Fire Prism, scoring a penetrating hit, and rolling a 6 on the damage table. The Fire Prism explodes!"
Old 03 Feb 2010, 23:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Then I most definitely will watch these things. ;D

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 00:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Not that I think it's a bad idea, but I have honestly no desire to watch a battle report. I much prefer words and pictures. Lets me enjoy it in my own time, and generally takes less time to get through.

I looked at the test video though, does look cool. However, the title page between every phase is really tedious. Between player turns is okay though. Better for the phases have a subtitle appear, or something saying 'Shooting phase, Space Wolves Turn 1". Then it'll not remove pace. Otherwise, is a very intriguing idea. I changed my mind, I might watch episodes if they had armies I play. But 10-15min is really asking for a lot from your viewers I feel, or at least me. I hardly have that much time to sit down and watch a battle report.

Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 00:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'd definitely watch them. Sounds like a great idea.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 03:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Not that I think it's a bad idea, but I have honestly no desire to watch a battle report. I much prefer words and pictures. Lets me enjoy it in my own time, and generally takes less time to get through.

I looked at the test video though, does look cool. However, the title page between every phase is really tedious. Between player turns is okay though. Better for the phases have a subtitle appear, or something saying 'Shooting phase, Space Wolves Turn 1". Then it'll not remove pace. Otherwise, is a very intriguing idea. I changed my mind, I might watch episodes if they had armies I play. But 10-15min is really asking for a lot from your viewers I feel, or at least me. I hardly have that much time to sit down and watch a battle report.
Yes, I agree about the title page. A small little bar of update text will be employed instead. I really hope you take the time to watch at least one of them, give us a chance to change your mind .

[hr]

Despite this poll only being up one day, barring any significant hatred towards the idea, we are moving forward and putting this plan into action. And as a thanks, here is a snippet from the introduction for our first battle, entitled Reclamation. Should be quite fun . Note that the music will most likely be changed.

Old 04 Feb 2010, 15:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Wow man, you are way to good at this stuff . I really like the videos, and in my opinion a few actual pictures after each video, with minimal text could look really great. Also, we could have fluffly intros written up before each vid.

Cheers!
-RS

[center] ~Children of the Storm Fluff~[center]
[center] ~Children of the Storm [1750 pts]~[center]
ShadowCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote