Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Orks vs. Marines 1000 points
Old 01 Feb 2010, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Orks vs. Marines 1000 points

Hello, I got to play a quick game with a SM army today.

We are currently playing smaller games around here, larger games are usually played at tournaments.

So far his list is undefeated, or is it? >

His list

Pedro

2 tactical squads in rhinos

5 sternguard

2 Vindicators

Mine

KFF mek

2x20 Boys in Battlewagons

15 burnas in wagons.

Game is spearhead, seize ground with 4 objectives

one objective is placed somewhere in each corner.

I go first

I'm not that good at writing Battle reports yet so bare with me.

Orks Turn 1

Everything moves up, what did you expect?

SM Turn 1

His Rhinos move to the right into the quarter to take an objective(the Sternguard are in the back holding his)

Vindicators shoot, and with some amazing rolling on his part,he wrecks a wagon, one with Boys.

Orks Turn 2

Boys head over to grab an objective, other 2 wagons roll up(not to good)

SM turn 2

His rhinos deploy all 20 tactical marines(Pedro is on his own right now, behind the rhinos)

The fire a ton of shots into the boys on foot and kill around 14. Boys pass leadership.

Vindicator shoot. One is covered by the KFF, but the other scatters off into the boys and kills 4 more! 2 left, and they pass yet another leadership test.

Orks turn 3

The marines are conveniently crammed together in a tight space, so the Burna wagon rolls up and torches them, wiping out a squad.

Other wagon rams a vindicator and take off its cannon.

SM Turn 3

Pedros Orbital bombardement scatters off and does nothing.

Marines shoot a krak missle and immobilize the burnas wagon. Rhino stormbolters kill one boy and wound the nob, he stays again! One wounded nob holding the objective is pretty cool. The other vindicator shoot and does nothing.

Orks turn 4

Burnas disembark.

My last wagon rams his other vindi and blows it up, plowing through.

Boys disembark.

Burnas annihilate the other tact squad, Boys charge and wipe out the sternguard, taking his objective! I took four wounds on my boys and saved 3(!) only one boys dies.

SM Turn 4

His rhino tank shocks my boys and the Klaw nob takes it down!

Pedro shoot and doesn't wound.

The other Rhino shoots and finally kills the Nob.

Orks Turn 5

You'd think he'd of given up by now, and he probably should have.

Burnas charge and slice up Pedro, taking out the last of his infantry. And troops who are all dead now.

SM turn 5

His vindcator tank shocks my boys, they can't destroy it so unfortuanatly its contesting.

Games Ends

Ok well technically the objectives was a draw, in KPs I have 6 and he has 3 so I guess I won.

Right?

Well he didn't think so and was hell bent on calling it a draw, even though I got twice as much KP as him, that wasn't exactly the closest game.

Enlighten me, in the same situation in a tournament, what would have happened, wouldn't I have gotten a win?

Oh yeah this guy is kind of a rules lawyer, his Vindi actually got a glance against my wagon, and he rolled a 1. So subtracting one, thats 0 right? so nothing happens. He said since the book says shaken on a " 1 or less" technically its stunned.

Wierd.

Oh well, as I said, this guy has yet to lose with this list up till now so maybe he's just angry.
Snikkyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2010, 04:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Orks vs. Marines 1000 points

It was a draw, sorry no win for the Orks. KPs mean nothing in an objective mission. In tournaments sometimes they will use KPs in case of a tie for 1st place, but that's it.

Any roll on the vehicle damage table will always cause at least a shaken result. He wasn't nitpicking, the rule is on page 61 of the rulebook which says "D6 1 or less = crew shaken". It in the table on the bottom left corner.

Too bad that nob didn't make it through the game, he would have deserved a name for that one.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2010, 22:28   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Orks vs. Marines 1000 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
It was a draw, sorry no win for the Orks. KPs mean nothing in an objective mission. In tournaments sometimes they will use KPs in case of a tie for 1st place, but that's it.

Any roll on the vehicle damage table will always cause at least a shaken result. He wasn't nitpicking, the rule is on page 61 of the rulebook which says "D6 1 or less = crew shaken". It in the table on the bottom left corner.

Too bad that nob didn't make it through the game, he would have deserved a name for that one.

Ah thanks for clearing that up.

We usually use KP tie breakers though here.

Oh well I think i did pretty well, and yes it would have been cool if the Nob had lived. I once had the last guy in a Grey Hunter squad charge and kill the last of the Eldar that wiped out his squad, which was awesome because he could have became a lone wolf, but then he got sniped by some freakin pathfinders. That sucks.

It was a draw, but at least I destroyed all his infantry, he barely scraped by, and of course the orks are alive(kinda) and they had a good fight so I guess it's a win in their minds.

If I had remembered to ram that vindicator on turn 4, I might have won.

trust me though, this is probably the first time he had a valid point, he really does nitpick these rules. He insists that Grey Hunters only have boltguns, even though I keep saying they also have CC weapons and pistols.

Its like I'm the only one here who understand how poorly worded the rules to this game are.

Anyway, my Orks have smashed aside these SM pretty much every other fight, so its not like I care. ;D

Still, I almost had him! Can't wait to try again.
Snikkyd is offline   Reply With Quote