-Regeneration
-Dessicator Larvae

MISSION: Capture and Control
DEPLOYMENT: Pitched Battle

DEPLOYMENT

TURN ONE - TYRANIDS

TURN ONE - TAU

TURN TWO - TYRANIDS
Ok, forgot to point out the Deathleaper. Dang, he blended in so well! Let's play, "Where's Deathleaper?"

TURN TWO - TAU
I forgot about Deathleaper completely. So I didn't draw the turn correctly. Just pretend the Deathleaper and Parasite switched places.

AND MY OPPONENT CRIED CHEESE ON THE TAU!

TURN THREE - TYRANIDS

TURN THREE - TAU

TURN FOUR - TYRANIDS

TURN FOUR - TAU

TURN FIVE - TYRANIDS

TURN FIVE - TAU

===VICTOR===
Tau hold 0 of 0 Objectives. The point is irrelevant, Tau win by default of wipe out.

Post-Game Carnage Report
I lost 13 Fire Warriors, 7 Vespid, the Stealthsuits, and 2 Shield Drones. Total: 467 points lost.

Tyranids lost everything. Total: (Didn't calculate, about 1850 of course).

1383 point difference.

Y'he Or'es Cadre
Victories:14 Ties:1 Losses:2

What was that one quote I remember seeing for the first time earlier today? Oh yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan
Well my vote didn't win, ... and I don't agree with Col.'s Tau lists at all for combat efficiency.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Old 31 Jan 2010, 03:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: [PICS] Y'he Or'es Cadre vs New Tyranids 01.29.10 - 1850

That Tyranid list is terrible. It has no scoring units and not enough firepower to compensate by permanently playing for Annihilation. I'm astonished it's even the same points value as you. With all due respect, Marksman, this isn't the best game to go rubbing in Ender's face. :P

You played a good game but your opponent failed at even building a moderately competitive list and it was a train wreck from there.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 04:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Indeed, that's quite possibly the single worst new 'nid list I've ever seen. Where the hell is...well, EVERYTHING?!

Ripper swarms? He took two "characters", three MCs, and...rippers. Nothing but rippers. He's got 300 points spent on the Parasite and Deathleaper, just taking a guess but around 700-ish on MCs in heavy support, and the rest is spent on ripper bases. Nothing but ****ing rippers!?

Some warriors would have been great, not only would he have had something that could actually score in this objective mission, but he would have had an easier time keeping his one tyrannofex in synapse range. Which is his next mistake, he only took one, Regeneration isn't going to save you when you're one of the only things on the table and the entire opposing army's firepower is going to be coming your way. I bet you anything if he at least had two of them with a unit of warriors screening them and keeping them in a Synapse bubble he'd have presented more of a challenge.

I just...I really don't get it, what is up with the people in your area and their complete ineptitude when it comes to list-writing? Was this guy one of those bitter internet whiners who has no idea what the hell he's talking about, who thinks "OMG TYRANIDS ARE TEH SUCK NOW!!!1" and wrote this list out of spite, because "lolz rippers are teh only thing good in teh new 'dex"? Or was he trying to go for some kind of ripper theme with the Parasite of Mortrex (who has some really horrifying background I have to say, like Alien but 1000 times worse!) leading the way? I just don't get it, I'd think the Parasite would be a good leader for a warrior-heavy army if you want a theme, since he's basically a winged warrior that injects you with ripper love. You can't even screen the tyrannofex with rippers, not that he would have even if he could because he chose to Deep Strike all of them, so they have almost no use at all in this list.

I just...argh, it hurts! Why, why, WHY? Terribad list is terribad!

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 04:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Yeah, marksman... that was an awful Nid list. And player, for that matter. "Hey, lets place ONE tyrannofex against an entire Tau army, and see what happens!"

It dies. And doesn't do shit
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 04:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to PsyBomb Send a message via Yahoo to PsyBomb

Now, on to your opponent, since I've made my own thoughts abundantly clear on your own list. I won't deny that your tactics are good, it's only your list

No scoring units (I mean, seriously. He picks RIPPERS as his troops? When you have Genestealers, Warriors, and potentially TERVIGON?)
No Zoanthropes, nor Doom of Malan'tai, nor Yrmigarl Genestealers (THOSE would have hashed your Ethereal unit in half a heartbeat). Elites are the new heavy for nids, and it looked like he forgot to even use Deathleaper's abilities.
Heavy Deep Strike with nothing that ups his reserve rolls. Begging for disaster, as shown in this BatRep.

Whomever you were playing, don't play them again until thy buy themselves a brain. The list looks like it was made by throwing darts at a board while blindfolded, then adding upgrades to fill up spare points (not even sure about that last part, as the list looks a bit shy of your point value and I don't have the codex on me atm to check).

Out of curiosity, what format do you play? Are the lists tooled or TAC? Mission by agreement beforehand or random, and if agreed do you get to write your list after agreeing and you know what you're doing? I never see you go for objectives, and I never see your opponents attempting to hold them either.

Snow Forces of T'olku Sept: 3/4/2
... I like to think I'm learning, though
Old 31 Jan 2010, 04:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveFleetGoliath
Yeah, marksman... that was an awful Nid list. And player, for that matter. "Hey, lets place ONE tyrannofex against an entire Tau army, and see what happens!"

It dies. And doesn't do shit
And right out in the open, too! The biggest kick in the nuts is the fact that there was plenty of cover around the thing he could have used, but DIDN'T.

Quote:
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 04:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide

My god that list was terrible on the nid side. I've barely skimmed the tyranid codex and even I can tell that literally any other possible legal combination would have been better than that. :/

Marksman, I gotta ask who you keep playing against. Are they real people? I mean, I find it hard to believe that this was anything other than a first time gamer, or just you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 31 Jan 2010, 04:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

I dunno, whenever I sit down to actually play the game I make a lot of stupid decisions, too. I have a decent list, but I play like a moron, lol.

Quote:
Old 31 Jan 2010, 04:58   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyBomb
Out of curiosity, what format do you play? Are the lists tooled or TAC? Mission by agreement beforehand or random, and if agreed do you get to write your list after agreeing and you know what you're doing? I never see you go for objectives, and I never see your opponents attempting to hold them either.
I have played against every single kind of player of all experience levels, against every single army (except Chaos Daemons), and against all comer's, tooled lists (even those army lists believed to be "specialized" against Tau), tournament lists, tournament-winning lists, and tournament winners. I play people from experienced veterans with 20+ years of tabletop strategy games to just started. My opponents are always picked at random, and I usually have never met them before.

Results between them are never different. The only difference is how long my opponent can survive really, and only then sometimes. I always win by wipe out or close to it. But most of my best games aren't on Vassal, they're on the board.

I like this one because I did it fighting with my arm tied behind my back. I literally withheld over half of my available firepower on some occasions just to see which way was most efficient.

How about this then. Get at least 3 people together. Between you, create an 1850 Tyranid army list specifically designed to beat my Y'he Or'es Cadre. Give that army list to Hive Fleet Goliath (I know he likes to try and play me on Vassal or at the GW store) and let's see what happens. If I win, I guarantee you, the exact same things will be repeated. "Stupid opponent.", "Worthless army list." "Dumb luck." If I tie, it'll probably be mixed reviews. If I lose, no matter how close the game may be, or how much bad luck I get, I will be given floggings about how terrible I really am, just getting lucky or what-not. I'm almost willing to bet my TO membership on that.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Old 31 Jan 2010, 05:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm pretty sure Goliath already wants to play you and has the 1850 list in hand as we speak. :P
Closed Thread