Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

TOdex =vs= Ultramarines [2500] 01.19.10
Old 20 Jan 2010, 11:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman
Default TOdex =vs= Ultramarines [2500] 01.19.10

Ok, ok. So the previous two scenarios weren't fair because of complete and total annihilation by extreme ease that's impossible for another army to accomplish. So, let's mechanize them.

In fact, let's give the Space Marines:

8 Tactical Squads, each with a Plasma Gun and Missile Launcher
All mounted in Rhinos

1 Devestator Squad in a Rhino with 4 Heavy Bolters

And we'll stick Calgar in a Land Raider Crusader and hold it in Reserve. This is a 2500 illegal army list that will have 90 Space Marines in it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to remove the large unit of Scouting/Fleeting Kroot and replace them with some more Fire Warriors. Same deployment. This is again, myself versus myself.

TAU TURN ONE

MARINES TURN ONE

TAU TURN TWO

MARINES TURN TWO

TAU TURN THREE

MARINES TURN THREE

TAU TURN FOUR

MARINES TURN FOUR

TAU TURN FIVE

MARINES TURN FIVE

TAU TURN SIX

MARINES TURN SIX

TAU TURN SEVEN

MARINES TURN SEVEN

----------------------------

Still supporting Heavy2 Pulse Rifles and Assault2 Pulse Carbines?

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2010, 11:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Default Re: TOdex =vs= Ultramarines [2500] 01.19.10

Can we have an Actual Army list for both armies. :-\

And I don't care you're on a crusade to bash the TODex, stop making up random crap rules yourself. 8 tac squads? are you really that childish.

You're also not taking the Mandatory XV8 or 9 Commander suit,. which makes both this Bat Rep and the Previous one null and void, and a complete waste of our time >
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2010, 11:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I do appreciate what you doing, but playing against yourself is weird. Go do something productive, or make a friend.

Also, stop using either crap-lists or Illegal lists. Hard to take this whole vendetta seriously if you don't use a proper opponent. Maybe the whole "playing against real people" can help this bit.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2010, 11:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

You know marksmen, I'd happily make a Legal Army list for you to use. Just tell me the army you'll pitchit against and I'll try and make a list to fight it.

But please don't just do stuff like "oh,I'll give my marines 8 Tac Squads"
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2010, 13:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
Still supporting Heavy2 Pulse Rifles and Assault2 Pulse Carbines?
Yeah, but at this point its just to spite you because you're doing it so very, very wrong by trying to saturate Tau Fire Caste with lightly armoured vehicles.

That's had "suicide" written all over it since 3rd edition.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2010, 13:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to DarkKnightCuron Send a message via MSN to DarkKnightCuron

I agree with some of the folks above. Why not ask for one of the local Marine players to construct a list and play against that?
Old 20 Jan 2010, 14:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to PsyBomb Send a message via Yahoo to PsyBomb

or, hey, maybe try your list against something like, oh, Drop Pods. You know, like nearly every single marine uses at least two of? A single Pod carrying a Dread with a heavy flamer would have turned your pathfinders into tiki torches before your first turn, due to the way you were deployed. That is a VERY common list addition, due to Eldar, IG, and Wolves Scouts. Also exceedingly common against an enemy who knows they're going to play Tau.

As stated before, Rhino Rush against Tau is suicidal. Would have been even worse if your list had been TAC, since Missile Pods and Railguns make VERY short work of them.

Snow Forces of T'olku Sept: 3/4/2
... I like to think I'm learning, though
PsyBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2010, 14:30   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Even I, Known Tau-Hater and Harsh Critic of the TODex, know this is a load of bullcrap.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2010, 19:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyBomb
or, hey, maybe try your list against something like, oh, Drop Pods. You know, like nearly every single marine uses at least two of? A single Pod carrying a Dread with a heavy flamer would have turned your pathfinders into tiki torches before your first turn, due to the way you were deployed. That is a VERY common list addition, due to Eldar, IG, and Wolves Scouts. Also exceedingly common against an enemy who knows they're going to play Tau.

As stated before, Rhino Rush against Tau is suicidal. Would have been even worse if your list had been TAC, since Missile Pods and Railguns make VERY short work of them.

That was the point. The Tau army list in question didn't even specialize against a Rhino rush.

You can try to take an 1850 Tau army list with the same unit selections and do just as well, but you won't be able to. Nobody can, it's impossible, even if Commander Steel were mounting the Hammerhead.

That's 2500 points worth of Space Marines. Let me rephrase that: 90 Space Marines. I don't know about you, but I doubt it's possible to kill 90 MEQ with any Tau army list at 1850, regardless of circumstances.

Even with a completely illegal army list, the Tau cannot lose.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2010, 08:20   #10 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyBomb

That was the point. The Tau army list in question didn't even specialize against a Rhino rush.

You can try to take an 1850 Tau army list with the same unit selections and do just as well, but you won't be able to. Nobody can, it's impossible, even if Commander Steel were mounting the Hammerhead.

That's 2500 points worth of Space Marines. Let me rephrase that: 90 Space Marines. I don't know about you, but I doubt it's possible to kill 90 MEQ with any Tau army list at 1850, regardless of circumstances.

Even with a completely illegal army list, the Tau cannot lose.
It's illegal because it's stupid, not because it's useful. If you wanted to do 8 Tactical Squads, you could have at least put them into drop pods, the way most people would attempt to counter Gunline Tau

What? Light Vehicles don't do well against Tau? Jesus Christ, gotta rebalance the TODex. Any other revelations you wanna drop on us?