Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Orks vs. Eldar 1000 pts. A summary
Old 17 Jan 2010, 18:00   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Orks vs. Eldar 1000 pts. A summary

This isn't exactly a full battle report but its a start I guess. I played against some eldar with my orks.

My list

KFF Mek

30 Sluggas, PK nob

30 Sluggas, PK nob

30 Sluggas, PK nob

15 Kommandoes, 2 Burnas, Snikrot

His list was wierd, he had

Maugen Ra

2x7 Jetbikes

2x5 Dark Reapers

2 wave serpents

I think he actually made this list after he saw mine, and got lots of templates which the dark reapers all have and shuriken cannons. Not really fair to do that but people do it to me alot actually.

The game was Dawn of War, Pitched Battle with 5 objectives(Yes!)

The board was pretty basic, there was a hill in the center, a hill on the side and a few buildings but terrain didn't play a very big part in this game.

I go first

Turn 1 Orks

I deploy 2 Slugga sqaud and the Mek and he deploys nothing.

My other boys come in and i move up thats it.

Turn 1 Eldar

Everything comes in. Dark reapers get on the hill, and the wave serpents come in from the side. I could have sworn the dark reapers had heavy weapons but apparently not (They were tempest launchers for those of you who know) because they fired everything. Also I thought they all ignore coverbut now im not so sure so after shooting everything he had, my left squad lost about 5 boys while the right one was just the Mek. the nob, and 1 boy. Ouch(not really but he thought so).

Turn 2 Orks

Snikrot doesn't come in this turn, but i waagh and assult the 2 Jetbike squads with my boys squads, one of which has like 3 guys left. 3-4 Eldar die per combat and I lose a few boys but still win both combats. The Eldar make all leadership rolls.

Turn 2 Eldar

Only 1 wave serpent can shoot at my free boy squad and it kills a few. My PKs fail this turn and he survives combat again. Thats all.

Turn 3 Orks

Snikrot comes in. Kommandoes charge the Dark reapers. Snikrot and pals annihalate the dark reapers killing all except for Maugen Ra and they lose 4 Orks in the process. Ouch again (for real this time)

Turn 3 Eldar

What else can he do? Combat continues and I destroy the jetbikes and Maugen Ra get ripped in half by snikrot himself(I thought that was pretty cool) Thats actually it. He concedes after that.

Well that was pretty brutal considerinf I had like 50 orks left and hed had just the wave serpents(or whatever the Eldar ordenance tanks are) This was my first time using Kommandoes and they did exactly what there supposed to do, take out enemy heavt support. I really like this list, I think I'll use it again sometime. Worst part is, I made some mistakes there I'm sure.

Still pretty cool win for the Orks I guess.

I've edited it now that I remembered what actually happened but it still went kind of quickly.
Snikkyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 09:10   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Orks vs. Eldar 1000 pts. A summary

Nice win. How close did he get with his Jetbikes? That was a dumb move by him for sure.
Jayne Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2010, 17:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sounds like a very cheating player....

1: dark reapers have heavy weapons.... hence their background.
2: only the exarch's weapons ignore cover...

He sounds like the sort of player who i'd hate: conceding on turn 2 making stupid (very) mistakes, taloring their list to beat yours.. etc...

nice win though

scar.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 17:21   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well i dont know if he was really cheating but anyway i made a mistake he actually conceded on turn 3 sorry let me edit the report. Any thats still kind of early though. Still those Eldar fold fast in combat. Also he kept his Jetbike within shooting range which is how i could assault them.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 17:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikkyd
Well i dont know if he was really cheating but anyway i made a mistake he actually conceded on turn 3 sorry let me edit the report. Any thats still kind of early though. Still those Eldar fold fast in combat. Also he kept his Jetbike within shooting range which is how i could assault them.
I presume he didn't know that the jetbikes can move within 12" of the orks, shoot them, then jump 6" away in the assault phase.

scar.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 17:32   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I dont really know, but he had 2 troops choices and there were 5 objective i really don't think that would of mattered too much.

Anyway I feel like everyone really wants to beat me, I am the only Ork player here.

One guy uses this for SM

Pedro

2x10 tactical squads

10 Sternguard

2 Vindicators

That 1000 points, tailored for orks.

I should fight him and see what happens

Most players wouyld refuse to play with people who tailor their lists but I enjoy the challenge and still manage to win. That is how the Orks roll.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 17:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Do you collect any other armies....?

it might be fun to ask someone for a game, pretend that your using orks and bring out a few leman russes against that marine or eldar list for example. Or... don't play them.... :P

scar.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 17:38   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

That would be awesome but its actually easier than that. A lot of people seem to think that Orks are the worst shooting army and think I'll only assualt them but i could spam Lootas and shootas and take down half there army without even assaulting.

Also I wish I had guard and i've considered them but I could also use Tyranids or Tau. Tau would be funny, there like the opposite of orks.